Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2011   #121
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Rally Round the Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like the song too. If they want that to be their theme song, that's cool. If that's the song they want playing as they come out of the tunnel, that's cool.

But I don't think the name works for a football team. Especially not one that is moving away from the "soft" image.
I guess that's a "soft" nickname? I haven't seen them as soft at least since last year. Unfortunate, not very good, underprepared occasionally but not soft. There's nothing soft about that song, there's nothing soft about this team and specifically this D and there's nothing soft about taking a high caliber offense and making them scramble everywhere to pull out a handful of first downs and 10 points.

The name, whether it sticks or not it's actually quite appropriate and the song works, it's a total get up and get hyped song. Wolf aside, I've never heard of anyone who didn't like this song. It's just sad to see so many people begging for an identity and when one comes along it's not good enough. Because of the word parade or something.

I tell you this much, if they continue to call themselves the Bulls on Parade, continue shutting teams down and lead us to some playoff action I bet you a million bajillion diggity dillion dollars that about half the people in this and countless other threads will come out of the woodwork acting like they came up with the name before it was cool.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #122
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 4499 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I got my student loans paid off when I crossed 10,000 by some obscure government agency Obama created. Of course when I got negative rep twice in a month I was investigated by the FBI and put on a no-fly list.
Good to know.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #123
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
That is quite possibly the most craptastic song I've ever heard in my life. Way to go 610.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #124
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there isn't much we can do about the nickname anymore. It's spreading like a STD at a ZTA mixer. However, I noticed that the classic nicknames rely on alliteration as well as some type of description of the home city. These may sound dumb or have already been suggested, but again its a moot point. I was just laying in bed and thought

Bayou Bull Rush
Space City Stampede

Corny i know
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #125
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
That is quite possibly the most craptastic song I've ever heard in my life. Way to go 610.
Its like Creed, Bush, and Nickleback had a kid.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #126
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I don't see a sarcastic smilie there.

Grams is short for Grandma and she is a she not a he and she is not XXX.

You should know using the term "gay" can lead to neg rep from some posters.
Not I, but a couple of posters get offended.
See the problems with Grams is she has grandchildren that use the word "ghey" all the time to describe stuff. She was attempting to be cool and use a teenage term, but being old caused her to misuse it.

My kids tell me all the time that I don't use emo correctly.

Old 12-08-2011   #127
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if the name is soft or gay or whatever, but it does sound awful friendly...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #128
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulls on Parade sounds like a children's book or maybe a tv show from nickelodeon or disney channel

Elephants on parade is a classic scene from disney's dumbo. Bulls on parade would fit nicely as the sequel

Bad nickname for a defense
Old 12-08-2011   #129
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJv2Mugm2RI

Pink Elephants on Parade
Old 12-08-2011   #130
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I saw those before, it was on a couple of hits of black gel though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read