Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2011   #41
Mike77015
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Mike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performer
Default Re: AJ has Mild Hamstring Strain

I say that we play our best if they are healthy enough to be on the field in game shape. We need to get the first week bye in the playoffs and rest the starters that week. This is our last tough game of the season and if we win this weekend we have a very good chance of winning out just on the back of our run game.
Mike77015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line is, whenever AJ returns this year it will be at noticeably less than 100% and likely to be short lived...

And Doc likes fish.
Old 12-06-2011   #43
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I put "Day to Day" in the babelfish Kubiak to English translator and the result was "4 games"
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #44
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I say give him one week off then get him back in the line-up for 50% of the plays and let him get his legs under him that's why he pulled the hamstring that was second game back and he isn't in game shape it's obvious.
Old 12-06-2011   #45
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Save him for the playoffs!!!!

Seriously, in 9 seasons, he's never even sniffed the playoffs. Let him rest and get ready for the biggest game of his life. I have a gut feeling that he would not only rise to the occasion, but carry this offense on his back if he had to.
I would say u bring him back for a few snaps for the Indy game then a few more for Tennessee if he is up to it. U want him in football shape for the playoffs
Old 12-06-2011   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will go along with Doc's recommendations.

Rest is the most prudent way for a hamstring to heal. So rushing him back out there would be kinda stupid. IMHO, Game shape or no game shape.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #47
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell him ta drank summa Cushing's milk.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124814 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
man I spend way too much time on this board, I wonder what's going on at Southern Living?
Paula Dean has come out with a low calorie home-made Mac-N-Cheese.. In the words of the great Vince Lombardi: "What the hell is going on around here??!?!?"
Old 12-07-2011   #49
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
shut him down until the playoffs? You saw how sluggish he looked against Jacksonville. He needs to get in game shape, not playing for almost an entire season will put him in good shape for the playoffs. I hope he can play in atleast the last 2 games of the season just to get in shape and hopefully test the hammy a bit. I really feel sorry for the guy I know he wants to kill it right now. He looked destroyed after they help him off the field.
I also thought he looked sluggish in the Jax game. After stating this, a bunch of these folks decided to bum rush me and my post and decimate my rep power (not that I care). I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with rose clored glasses when it comes to AJ. Let the guy rest and heal all the way. We've been winning without him. No sense destroying him when we can make it to the playoffs and let him be healed for that.

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

HoustonTexans Twitter
Quote:
Kubiak on Andre Johnson: "We did not even bring him out today...We weren't going to run him today. It's going to be day-to-day."
44 minutes ago
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans still in wait-and-see mode with Johnson

By Nick Scurfield

Posted 3 hours ago

Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson spent Wednesday’s practice in the training room as he recovers from a left hamstring injury suffered against the Atlanta Falcons.

Coach Gary Kubiak reiterated that the Texans feel fortunate Johnson’s injury is not more severe. But, after telling Cincinnati media Wednesday morning that Johnson would be a game-time decision, he did not sound overly optimistic about his star receiver’s chances of playing against the Bengals on Sunday.

“Is there a chance this weekend?” Kubiak said after practice. “I probably can answer that better in a couple days. There’s always a chance. I feel very fortunate. I know we’re going to get Andre back. The key here right now is that when we get him back, we need to make sure we get him back for the long haul.

“Hopefully, we can get him back here real quick. He’s upbeat. He felt good today, but like I said, until he gets back out here, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Kubiak indicated that the weather at the Methodist Training Center on Wednesday -- high-30s and windy -- was a factor in Johnson staying inside.

“Obviously with the weather, it’s nice, but it’s cool, so we weren’t going to run him today,” Kubiak said. “It’ll be day-to-day. I’ll let you guys know tomorrow.”

Johnson missed six games earlier this season with a right hamstring injury. He has never had issues with his hamstrings before this season.

“I know it’s been frustrating, very much so for him, especially where his football team is right now,” Kubiak said. “But all that frustration can go away (if you) get healthy, come back and finish the right way. That’s what we’re counting on, but I know it’s been a difficult time for him.”
Doesn't Kubiak realize that statements like this "day-to-day" stuff, especially at this point doesn't, makes him look like he may be hittin' the bottle a little too much..........even to the Bengals?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Doesn't Kubiak realize that statements like this "day-to-day" stuff, especially at this point doesn't, makes him look like he may be hittin' the bottle a little too much..........even to the Bengals?
Yeah, I get the whole trying to conceal injuries thing because of the opposing team having to still gameplan for him, but I don't think any person with half a brain actually believes Andre is going to play this week.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read