Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2011   #21
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same old story every week, well for opposing fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As long as some folks around here have been following football, I'm surprised the lesson of "Any Given Sunday" isn't more clear - For Either Side!!

This game can go either way because both teams have the capability to beat the other.
This is the first year, though, that I'm not also worried about us beating ourselves.
Old 12-06-2011   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw that thread on the Bengals forum and about half of them are expecting to lose. I don't really see that we're being underestimated much. I know one thing for sure: they need this game way more than we do and they're playing at home.

All I really care about is that Yates keeps getting better and we win the division, which won't be difficult.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This is such bullshit and so ignorant:

Quote:
Factor in a warm weather team in a cold weather northern city in December, in the open air.

Houston losing 1st string WR and down to 3rd string QB has to be in our favor.

Bengals go to 8-5 against tough Houston defense ( but no tougher than Steelers or Ravens who we played close 2 out of 3 ).
The Texans have played two games that I can think of that were in the teens or below; Chicago and Green Bay. Guess what jackass? They won them both.

Also, If I'm not mistaken, it was pretty cold in Pittsburgh when we beat them with a garbage QB, and a garbage offense.

Lemme guess: This week is the "Texans Super Bowl"? "Houston we have a problem?"

*punches self in the junk*
Old 12-06-2011   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our guys get so cold they can't feel $^!+, so they just kick @$$.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I love it how we hear the same thing from opposing fans every week because of our injuries.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=91155

Theres a lot more, pretty funny IMO. Did we used to be like that when we sucked ??? Problably
They've got a lot of reasons why they should win this game. A lot of good reasons.

But I'll never bet against this club again (not that I ever had).

On the DMan show yesterday, he alluded to a heart-to-heart that Aj had with the team before the Titans game. Andre wants a Super Bowl & these guys are determined to get it for him.

If you'll remember, we didn't just go & beat the Titans on the road. We stomped a mudhole in that team. That was after two losses, one here at home to a team they should have beat. That was the game that started this 6 game win streak we are on.

Andre went down again this past Sunday & you can tell the man was emotionally distraught. This season means an awful lot to the man & by proxy to the team.

I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the field from this team.
Old 12-06-2011   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I've always found the cold weather stuff funny. Its as if cold weather doesn't bother the home team,lol. Dalton is from katy,benson is from midland, caldwell and nelson are florida kids. Peko and maluaga are somoan. I bet if I really looked at their roster, most of those guys are southern cats, yet the cold is to their advantage? Gtfo
JJ Watt loves the cold weather. Wisconsin is colder.
Jonathan Joseph made a career in Cincy.
KWalter played in Cincy
Owen Daniels thinks Wisconsin urinates on Cincy cold.
Derrick Mason loves beating Cincy in Cincy
Kubiak likes the cold too!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think this game could go either way, it's really going to come down to how Dalton and Green perform against our secondary. The Bengals have a legit top 10 defense, which is going to be much tougher than the Falcon's D we played Sunday. They are 3rd in rush yards per attempt allowed, which may give Foster and Tate some trouble given that AJ is out. If our defense can step up, and cause some turnovers or possibly a TD we should have a shot of winning this game.
I don't think it's going to be much different than the Jacksonville game (on the road). That's a legit top 5 defense with the same secondary issues. I don't think Leon Hall is going to play & Andre wasn't much of a factor in that game.

Andy Dalton & AJ Green are going to be going against a legit top 2 defense, we'll see how they handle that a third time this year.

If we're as creative in getting the ball to Arian Foster like we were @Tennessee or @ TampaBay I think our offense will put enough pressure on the Bengals to let our defense get after the young rook.

None of this requires for TJ Yates to play any better than he did this past Sunday. Remember Schaub was 18 for 23 @ Tennessee & 11-15 @Tampa Bay playing on a bum foot.

It's going to be a game & I like our chances.
Old 12-06-2011   #28
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Do they KNOW about Dreeson?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #29
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't looked into it recently, but the Texans at one point were 6-0 or 7-0 when the temperature was below 40. And they are 2-0 when it's below 10.

The cold weather factor for warm weather teams and vice-versa, is one of the dumbest arguments out there.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read