Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2005   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Voice of the Fan

great job AJ once again, you summarize the basic feelings of most of us here on the board and we appreciate your open, honest frankness

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2043
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #2
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Unhappy

Sad but true -- I just didn't see this train coming so completely off the tracks --
the stadium reminded me of when the Oilers were leaving town -- except that the Oilers were a young team with a young coach and were on the rise-- and they played hard.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #3
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Well AJ. Peek did get Roethlisberger. There's one sack .

Overall though, AJ, you summarized all our feelings.
Old 10-10-2005   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek is not a defensive lineman.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Peek is not a defensive lineman.
but he should be...
Old 10-10-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent column, aj!

I had no idea that you were writing for the site. Good job! (Where can we find previous Voice of the Fan columns that you've written?

Quote:
We have an organization four years into the process where its finest moment is still the first game it ever played, 52 games ago.
Yikes! You're so right....unfortunately.
Old 10-10-2005   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

At the top left of the main page, click on News -> Latest News and they are all there (all 70 of them), listed chronologically backward with the rest of the stuff.
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy cow, man! How long have you been writing that column?
Old 10-10-2005   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

April 26, 2004.
Old 10-10-2005   #10
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great job AJ, I was watching the game with my uncle (who knows nothing about the Texans) and even he agreed that the O-line needs to be shot, brought back to life, and shot again.
bigfan77801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff and I think you summed up the median feelings of the hard core Houston football fan very well. Seattle has a beautiful stadium and hope you guys have good weather because I'd like to get your impressions of their digs in fair conditions next week.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #12
touttail
All Pro

Good job AJ. You were to the point and tactful about it.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I liked it, but I don't think it was strong enough. Hard to do with the good old boys that are associated with this fiascle. You've heard McNair, Casserly and Capers speak. Unfortunately we can all blow all the steam we want, but nothing is going to happen. Not unless someone from the NFL, like the commissioner or the other owers, bring pressure to bare. The game next week on ESPN might be the most unwatched game in the history of the NFL. Probably a little one sided on my side, but I think there could be a real ratings problem for that game. I'm certain the Seahawk fans will enjoy this one. The announcers will tear us apart if we continue to play like we are at the present time. Remember the commercial at the beginning of the 2nd year with Carr behind a center and no line. Well, that pretty much sums up the situation.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #14
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 26496 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, I know, support-your-team-to-the-end Mr. Voice of the Fan, blah blah blah (Yvette). Yes, Iíve said it a million times how Iíve always stayed until 0:00.
I admit I was shocked! I have a pretty good idea how much you love this game so I know you had to be thoroughly disgusted to do that. Tough love hurts, man. At least you left with your dignity as a fan. I've been known to expose my backside when I'm that peeved.

I hope your team gives you something to feel good about and very soon.
Old 10-10-2005   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

A.J. the voice of truth. The article really hit the nail on the head. Keep up the great work.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #16
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

As always nice job AJ. It's sad that so many hardcore Texans fans are doing things they never dreamed they would do. Leaving games early, turning off the game at home or even not showing up. Sad state of affairs for our beloved team.
Old 10-11-2005   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

That was my one-game (or one quarter) protest, I guess. They finally succeeded in breaking me down completely but I'll be back. Hell, I'm already back. The point I continually try to make to people is just because we're beechin' doesn't mean we're quitting on the team. I'll never do that.

This is really nothing compared to a few Oilers stretches I remember. But then, it went from anger to apathy real fast and that's what Bob McNair has to guard against.
Old 10-11-2005   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Voice of the fan this week:

Man he was right on target with everything he said. Listen to this one,

"This is an embarrassment of a football team right now and Coach Capers, his staff, and General Manager Charley Casserly are responsible. There are signs everywhere that the coaching staff has lost this team and that talent really is an issue.

Mr. McNair, a major change is desperately needed so now is the time to act Ė or at least put the wheels in motion. Fans realize that sometimes itís difficult to resolve these types of issues during the season but fans also realize that the problems didnít stop at Chris Palmer."
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read