Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Battle of the Stats

Houston Texans Defense -

Total yards per game: 268.4 (1st in the league)
Total points per game: 16.3 (2nd in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 92.5 (4th in the league)
Passing yards per game: 175.8 (2nd in the league)

Atlanta Falcons Offense -

Total yards per game: 365.9 (13th in the league)
Total points per game: 23.5 (12th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 117.7 (14th in the league)
Passing yards per game: 248.2 (11th in the league)

This game is about the defense. We have a shot on paper. To win this game, the Texans have to hold the Falcons closer to the Texans defensive stats than Atlanta's offensive stats. Most importantly, less than 20 points.

Texans' Offense -
Total yards per game: 379.7 (8th in the league)
Total points per game: 26.6 (5th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 151.7 (3rd in the league)
Passing yards per game: 228 (16th in the league)

Atlanta's Defense -
Total yards per game: 329.9 (9th in the league)
Total points per game: 20.6 (14th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 83.5 (2nd in the league)
Passing yards per game: 245.7 (23rd in the league)

Again, favoring the Houston Texans. If today's results are closer to our average output, we win the game.

But they don't play the game on paper.... you know that. I know that...

It's going to be an interesting game. We get to test our defense against Atlanta, our first "real" test in the last 5 games. & we get to see what Kubiak's system can do against a top ten defense our second in 5 games.
Old 12-04-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle of the Stats

I agree this is about the defense, but we all need to remember that the D has put up those stats against some pretty weak opponents. I think the team has had enough time to gel and get most of Wade's D down pat now, though.
Kubiak has to let Yates put the ball up against these guys. Their pass D is awful.
Old 12-04-2011   #3
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I agree this is about the defense, but we all need to remember that the D has put up those stats against some pretty weak opponents. I think the team has had enough time to gel and get most of Wade's D down pat now, though.
Kubiak has to let Yates put the ball up against these guys. Their pass D is awful.
Absolutely. I look at are ranking as inflated and have wanted to see our defense against far better offenses. We have faced some pretty pathetic teams, lol. So I am really looking forward to today.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Houston Texans Defense -

Total yards per game: 268.4 337(1st in the league)
Total points per game: 16.3 10 (2nd in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 92.5 70 (4th in the league)
Passing yards per game: 175.8 267 (2nd in the league)

Atlanta Falcons Offense -

Total yards per game: 365.9 337 (13th in the league)
Total points per game: 23.5 10 (12th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 117.7 70 (14th in the league)
Passing yards per game: 248.2 267 (11th in the league)

This game is about the defense. We have a shot on paper. To win this game, the Texans have to hold the Falcons closer to the Texans defensive stats than Atlanta's offensive stats. Most importantly, less than 20 points.

Texans' Offense -
Total yards per game: 379.7 337 (8th in the league)
Total points per game: 26.6 17 (5th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 151.7 162 (3rd in the league)
Passing yards per game: 228 175 (16th in the league)

Atlanta's Defense -
Total yards per game: 329.9 337 (9th in the league)
Total points per game: 20.6 17 (14th in the league)
Rushing yards per game: 83.5 162 (2nd in the league)
Passing yards per game: 245.7 175 (23rd in the league)
Actual's in red

I honestly don't know what I'm watching anymore. That team is beyond anything I ever imagined the Houston Texans to be. That defense is for real. The OL is for real. Arian Foster is for real. Andre Johnson (bless his hamstring) is for real.

This team is awesome.
Old 12-04-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

That drive that started in the 3rd Qtr & carried through much of the 4th...... 19-20 plays, 10+ minutes. I told my daughter right there (I brought my oldest to the game), "this games over."
Old 12-04-2011   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That drive that started in the 3rd Qtr & carried through much of the 4th...... 19-20 plays, 10+ minutes. I told my daughter right there (I brought my oldest to the game), "this games over."
They ran it right down the throat of the #2 run defense int he NFL. That was a beautiful drive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read