Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011   #321
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Here's what you said earlier...

From that and the fact that everyone who has won a Super Bowl and is still playing is in your Elite class led me to believe that you had SB has one of your main criteria.

Eli's and Roethlisberger's stats are not as impressive as Schaub's.

3 of the last 4 years, the Texans have been in playoff contention late into December. Last year, we should have been except for an epically bad defense. Schaub has consistently put up stats.

You don't like him, fine. But you can't say he's not a good QB.
Again, where did I say winning a Super Bowl automatically makes you a better QB? You still haven't shown me...try again...

Eli and Ben have won games on their own. They have show the entire NFL their clutchness before. They've shown it to YOU.

Schaub is a good QB. He's good at game managing. But sadly, he won't take us where we want to go. His intangibles are severely lacking.

Had Schaub of been the type of QB Ben and Eli are, then we would of gotten into the playoffs those years. But he's not and we didn't.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #322
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a Schaub fan boy, but I'll take him over Romo any day.

I was a Cowboys fan for three decades, and Jerry's boy toy is nothing but a ribbed gunslinger with a pellet gun in his holster.
Old 12-01-2011   #323
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Many of us Texans fans don't like it,
Well, first of all, I did not realize that you were a Texans fan with your picture and all. I figured you as a Tits fan or at the least, living in the past.

But, to each his/her own and all that jazz.

Quote:
Many of us Texans fans don't like it, but Romo is a better QB than Schaub. Period. Romo not only has better stats that Schaub, but has lead his team to division titles, playoff appearances, and has won games on with his own ability. All criteria Schaub has never met. I wish Schaub had some Romo in him.

And not just Tony, but Big Ben, Eli, Rivers,Vick, etc. They, along with the elite, and other QBs I mentioned previously are all better than Schaub and have done more to stake their reputations in the league.

To say Schaub is better than the QBs mentioned above, is just being a Matt Schaub fan boy and/or nut hugger.
Secondly, this is certainly a straw man argument. I never even implied that Romo was better/worse than Schaub.

I just disagree with your take that Romo is a "Top Tier" QB. Not based on my own bias against the Cowboys, but based on his history of epic chokes.

So you are free to continue to dilute your argument with needless fanboy/nut hugger jabs, because it appears more Don Quixote than a solid unbiased analysis on your part.
Old 12-01-2011   #324
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wish Schaub had some Romo in him.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #325
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well, first of all, I did not realize that you were a Texans fan with your picture and all. I figured you as a Tits fan or at the least, living in the past.

But, to each his/her own and all that jazz.

Secondly, this is certainly a straw man argument. I never even implied that Romo was better/worse than Schaub.

I just disagree with your take that Romo is a "Top Tier" QB. Not based on my own bias against the Cowboys, but based on his history of epic chokes.

So you are free to continue to dilute your argument with needless fanboy/nut hugger jabs, because it appears more Don Quixote than a solid unbiased analysis on your part.
Texan fan through and through buddy, since the day it was announced that we got an expansion franchise, before we even had our name. And I was an Oilers fan way before. Just paying homage to our old team. NOT a Titans fan at all. One of the saddest and most angry days of my life was when that piece of shit Bud Adams announced he was moving the team. I still consider the Oilers as part of our Houston football history, and all Texan fans should too....

What you want to pick out 3 or 4 games in which Romo threw an INT and subsequently lost the game? Go ahead then. But news flash. Every QB has lost games on turnovers, including our very own and "precious" Matt Schaub. You know our history, I don't have to rehash it. But Romo has won far more for his team than he has lost and is a play maker with stats, division wins and playoff appearances. I have Romo with Vick and Rivers, right below Eli and Ben. I'm just giving an honest assessment. Didn't say you had to like it.
Old 12-01-2011   #326
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
lol. I can appreciate good humor like this.
Old 12-01-2011   #327
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texan fan through and through buddy, since the day it was announced that we got an expansion franchise, before we even had our name. And I was an Oilers fan way before. Just paying homage to our old team. NOT a Titans fan at all. One of the saddest and most angry days of my life was when that piece of shit Bud Adams announced he was moving the team. I still consider the Oilers as part of our Houston football history, and all Texan fans should too....
'eh, I acknowledge my ***** ex-wife in my history but I don't keep pictures of her around...

That team is dead to me. The memories are alive, but those are of players and experiences. The franchise, though, is gone and cannot be extracted from the one you purport to hate.

You do realize that the Titans sport that logo these days, yeah?

So please excuse my confusion. It's tough to tell a Texans fan hiding behind a dead team or retro logo.

Hey, splitting hairs. We can agree to disagree, "buddy".

Quote:
What you want to pick out 3 or 4 games in which Romo threw an INT and subsequently lost the game? Go ahead then. But news flash. Every QB has lost games on turnovers, including our very own and "precious" Matt Schaub. You know our history, I don't have to rehash it. But Romo has won far more for his team than he has lost and is a play maker with stats, division wins and playoff appearances. I have Romo with Vick and Rivers, right below Eli and Ben. I'm just giving an honest assessment. Didn't say you had to like it.
I could care less about agreeing/disagreeing with you or liking/disliking your opinions.

When you quantify your own character with fanboy/nut hugger blasts when someone disagrees with your opinions, though, expect to be held accountable to your own low standards. Many folks consider that to be the very definition of trolling.

Interesting of your claim to be a Texans fan but continue to belittle our starting QB. But whatever floats your "precious" boat.
Old 12-01-2011   #328
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I know there's been a lot talk about Yates already, but this should have had it's own thread.
Thank you for not starting another thread, & I'm glad he didn't either.
Old 12-01-2011   #329
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What I said, and I'll repeat it again so that maybe it can stick this time, is that good QBs have their teams in playoff contention year in and year out. They have an "IT" factor. They win division titles. They get into the playoffs. Sometimes they have to lift their team up and win a game on their own. They are play makers. They win playoff games. They consistently put up stats. They pass the eye test.... And some of them win Super Bowls.
This doesn't sound like Romo.

Quote:
Many of us Texans fans don't like it, but Romo is a better QB than Schaub. Period. Romo not only has better stats that Schaub, but has lead his team to division titles, playoff appearances, and has won games on with his own ability. All criteria Schaub has never met. I wish Schaub had some Romo in him.
Has Romo ever done it with the 30th rank defense? or without a running game? With a rookie HC?

I like Romo. I don't think he's better than Schaub. I don't think Schaub is better than Romo.
Old 12-01-2011   #330
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you forgot the botched "hold".

But what do I know? I'm new around here.
Old 12-01-2011   #331
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Has Romo ever done it with the 30th rank defense? or without a running game? With a rookie HC?
Ummmm, No.
Old 12-01-2011   #332
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Thank you for not starting another thread, & I'm glad he didn't either.
Haha. Yeah, I know. It's nice to have everything consolidated into one thread. I mean, around 3pm (maybe before) next Sunday, I'm sure this board will be sporting some "Yates Sucks" threads or there will be some blowing of the mighty trumpets threads.

Either way, this one won't be the last.

P.S. The only good thing to come out of Tennesee was Alvin York and Sun Records. Otherwise, the Titans can smoke my cork.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #333
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think you forgot the botched "hold".

But what do I know? I'm new around here.
Newbies. I guess ya just gotta put up with 'em.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #334
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Newbies. I guess ya just gotta put up with 'em.
CAREFUL Thorn!! You might get a negative rep. from Scooter:

Quote:
not a fan of the newbie crack bud.
Old 12-01-2011   #335
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

neg rep....meh

got it before on this board, I'm sure I'll get it again. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #336
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
'eh, I acknowledge my ***** ex-wife in my history but I don't keep pictures of her around...

That team is dead to me. The memories are alive, but those are of players and experiences. The franchise, though, is gone and cannot be extracted from the one you purport to hate.

You do realize that the Titans sport that logo these days, yeah?

So please excuse my confusion. It's tough to tell a Texans fan hiding behind a dead team or retro logo.

Hey, splitting hairs. We can agree to disagree, "buddy".

I could care less about agreeing/disagreeing with you or liking/disliking your opinions.

When you quantify your own character with fanboy/nut hugger blasts when someone disagrees with your opinions, though, expect to be held accountable to your own low standards. Many folks consider that to be the very definition of trolling.

Interesting of your claim to be a Texans fan but continue to belittle our starting QB. But whatever floats your "precious" boat.
Having a different opinion is trolling now? Then by your standards you are a troll yourself and contradiction. The Oilers are a part of my childhood. The Texans are a part of my adulthood. Houston NFL football is a part of me and I will not let go of past memories or future memories the Texans will give me. I can hold on to those memories unlike you being able to hold on to a woman.

This is my team and reserve the right to criticize any part of our organization I don't like. Schaub will never get us where we need to go. He finally lost me when he threw the game against the Raiders away with that awful pick. I've seen too much of his body of work to know what he is. And I will not be prisoner of wishful thinking

If you could care less about what I think, why do you let what I say get into your head, leading you to fill your replies with bluster. That doesn't make sense. You don't make sense.
Old 12-01-2011   #337
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the way I objectively see it....And in no particular order, just by class IMO

HOFers/Elite
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning(if he comes back healthy obviously)

The Elite
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger

Top Tier/non-elite
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Phillip Rivers
Mike Vick
Matt Ryan

2nd Tier
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Matt Schaub
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez.
...and I don't care to rank the rest.

I would take every QB listed above Schaub in a heart beat. This is just a hypothetical, but I would also trade Shaub in a heartbeat for a young talent such as Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Sam Bradford. With our talent, thse guys could really shine on our team as they develop into top QBs I would also take Vince Young over Schaub.
You can stop now... We get it...

You've lost all potential credibility.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #338
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
neg rep....meh

got it before on this board, I'm sure I'll get it again. LOL
Right!! I hear ya brother! Whatever, LOL!!!
Old 12-01-2011   #339
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
With our talent, thse guys could really shine on our team as they develop into top QBs I would also take Vince Young over Schaub.
This qualifies for the most, absolutely dumbest, most ignorant and uninformed statement/posts ever on this message board (even rivalrying "Hulk75's" posts).

Oh, I forgot, ALL "Six" does is win!!
Old 12-01-2011   #340
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would also take Vince Young over Schaub.
One of the dumbest things I have ever read on the internet.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read