Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brent Grimes is having knee surgery and will not play Sunday

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/72...y-couple-weeks

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith said cornerback Brent Grimes will have minor surgery on his knee on Thursday and will miss a "couple of weeks."

NFC South blog

Yasinskas ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Smith said Wednesday that Grimes has been playing with a sore knee since the Falcons' win over Detroit on Oct. 23. He left Sunday's victory over Minnesota in the first quarter.

"He's been doing everything in his power to get back out on the field," Smith said. "He's been playing with it. Right now, he will be out for a couple of weeks. He's going to have a minor procedure done on his knee. We don't know the time frame in terms of getting him out. Brent's been fighting through it for some time."

The Falcons are thin at cornerback for this week's game at Houston.

Smith says nickel back Kelvin Hayden is "probably very doubtful" after missing the Minnesota game with a toe injury.

With Grimes out, Chris Owens will likely move into the starting lineup and Dominique Franks will be the nickel back.

Darrin Walls likely will be active for the first time this season.

Smith says he hopes linebacker Stephen Nicholas (quadriceps) can return to practice late in the week.
Dunta Robinson covering AJ? Hmmmmmmmmm.......
Old 11-30-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Brent Grimes is having knee surgery and will not play Sunday

Funny how many things have fallen into place for us this year despite all of our own misfortunes. Hopefully Yates can take advantage of this.
Old 11-30-2011   #3
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Funny how many things have fallen into place for us this year despite all of our own misfortunes. Hopefully Yates can take advantage of this.
Wow, it appears the football gods have returned to Mount Gridironpus from their loooonnng vacation... Lombardeus and Landreous must have been pissed when they discovered what had happened to the Texans...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

mentioning dunta, wonder what everyones reaction to him is gonna be on sunday?

hope he gets a good one. he was a good player for us while he was here. wasnt the same player after the injury. plus him not re-signing meant we could go get j-joe for more or less the same money for a much better cb
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This means Dunta gets to match up with AJ...
Old 11-30-2011   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Dre just school the hell out of Dunta.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #7
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

hope he gets a good one. he was a good player for us while he was here. wasnt the same player after the injury. plus him not re-signing meant we could go get j-joe for more or less the same money for a much better cb

I dunno if this is even a word, but I'm gunna "ovate" the guy... Not only did he have the dreads, which made our defense at least "look" like it might be good, but his creative request to Mr. Smith inspired my username on many a message board (minus this one) and even my email address...

He didn't get paid in the end, but by God that was the most awesomenestness thing I've ever seen done with a pair of cleats.. well, outside that time my mom couldn't find the meat-tenderizer...best chicken-fried steak I've ever had...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2011   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I dunno if this is even a word, but I'm gunna "ovate" the guy... Not only did he have the dreads, which made our defense at least "look" like it might be good, but his creative request to Mr. Smith inspired my username on many a message board (minus this one) and even my email address...

He didn't get paid in the end, but by God that was the most awesomenestness thing I've ever seen done with a pair of cleats.. well, outside that time my mom couldn't find the meat-tenderizer...best chicken-fried steak I've ever had...

That was funny.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well he never could cover a deep pass....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I would love to see Dre just school the hell out of Dunta.

I doubt they'd throw blows.

Dre and dunta were running mates. I've seen them several times out together.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-fa...e-1245252.html
Quote:
On Sunday, Atlanta plays at Houston where Robinson spent the first six seasons of his NFL career. He signed a six-year, $57 million ($22.5 million guaranteed) free-agent deal with the Falcons last season. Robinson, who still owns a home in Houston, knew the day would eventually come.

Im pretty sure its going to be a different feeling, Robinson said. I dont know what feeling its going to be, but I know its going to be a different feeling.

While Robinson said he is excited to return to Houston, hes glad for nearly two seasons in Atlanta before the matchup. He doesnt even mind the game on the road.

I dont know how I would have handled this situation last year, Robinson said. Its a lot easier now because Im more comfortable in the surrounding, with this locker room, with these players. I could only imagine being there for six years and having to play against those guys last year when I wasnt fully comfortable here yet.

Robinson said it will be bittersweet to be on the opposite sideline from players such as Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans and the injured Matt Schaub all of whom established themselves in the organization. He still routinely speaks with his former teammates and talked with Johnson several days ago.

We helped try to build something good for that organization, Robinson said.

Falcons coach Mike Smith has already met with Robinson to discuss the Texans as the coaching staff begins to prepare a game plan. The conversation occurred first thing Monday morning. The strategy was simple: Get some good information based on the specific players, Smith said.

Robinson insists there were no hard feeling when he left Houston and coach Gary Kubiak. He said ultimately his decision to leave was a business decision for both he and the Texans. Moving on meant Robinson could return to his first home. The drive from Athens, where Robinson played at Clarke Central High before the University of South Carolina, is much easier on his family to watch him play than a 13-hour trek to Houston.

Hes a great player, Kubiak said. He did a hell of a job for me. I respect him.
Old 11-30-2011   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like even PFT has little worry for the Falcons surviving the Texans without Grimes.

Quote:

Brent Grimes to miss time after knee surgery

Posted by Josh Alper on November 30, 2011, 7:08 PM EST

The Falcons will be shy a cornerback for the next few weeks because Brent Grimes needs knee surgery.

Grimes left Sundays victory over the Vikings in the first quarter, but hes been bothered by the injury for several weeks. Coach Mike Smith announced that hell have the operation on Thursday and that the team hopes that he wont miss more than a couple of weeks.

Hes been doing everything in his power to get back out on the field, Smith said. Hes been playing with it. Right now, he will be out for a couple of weeks. Hes going to have a minor procedure done on his knee. We dont know the time frame in terms of getting him out. Brents been fighting through it for some time.

Grimes has had a good season for the Falcons, building off a Pro Bowl year in 2010 to give the Falcons a strong cornerback tandem with Dunta Robinson. The schedule for the next few weeks at Houston, at Carolina, vs. Jacksonville should enable Atlanta to survive his absence without giving up too much yardage through the air.

Christopher Owens and Dominique Franks will split time at Grimes spot and both of them will see time when the Falcons play the nickel.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I doubt they'd throw blows.

Dre and dunta were running mates. I've seen them several times out together.
Oh no, I wasn't saying they would squab, I just like using that emoticon, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #14
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Looks like even PFT has little worry for the Falcons surviving the Texans without Grimes.
I hope we go pass happy
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

He won't from me. The guy is a chump.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I hope we go pass happy
I don't.
I hope we run the ball
....a lot.
...and he gets pummeled by Mr. Tate and gets juked by Mr. Foster
over...
and over...
and over....

...it's not personal.
It's business.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how he got injured.

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

More importantly I wonder how this effects who covers Owen Daniels and Joel Dreesen. I believe our TEs are going to be very key in our passing game for the next couple of weeks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read