Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011   #261
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Top 8 for Schaub?
Name me 20+ teams that would trade their qb for Schaub.
I can't think of more than 6-8 maybe.
Old 11-30-2011   #262
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
In 2009, Matt Schaub led the league in Yards with 4770 which was 200 more than Peyton and 6th most EVER at the time. In 2010, Schaub was 4th with 4370 and only Rivers, Manning, and Brees had more.
I'm not really a stat guy but I was just pointing out that when he was putting up all those yards he was also throwing it more than anyone.

I don't know if Matt is right under the elites though. Depends on who you ask and I think it is far from a cemented fact. I also think it's foolish to say he sucks. He doesn't suck.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #263
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Top 8 for Schaub?
I made a list not too long ago and I think I came up with maybe 5 or 6 teams that would trade their qb straight up for schaub tommorrow.

Now, that is not the same thing as those qb's being better than schaub, but moreso about the total picture.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #264
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Top 8 for Schaub?
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle, Cleveland, 9'ers, Washington, Kansas City, Denver, Miami, Probably Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Jets, probably Oakland, probably Minnesota
Old 11-30-2011   #265
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, Schaub is not great but he is a damn good QB. There are at least 20 teams that would love to have him as their QB. I hope TJ Yates lights it up but most probable is the fact that we will recognize what Matt Schaub meant to this team after this season.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #266
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle, Cleveland, 9'ers, Washington, Kansas City, Denver, Miami, Probably Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Jets, probably Oakland, probably Minnesota
And I can add more to this list that have a younger QB and wouldn't trade for Matt straight up but Schaub was outplaying them. Detroit, Tampa, St, Louis, Chicago, and Baltimore.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #267
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Man, Schaub is not great but he is a damn good QB. There are at least 20 teams that would love to have him as their QB. I hope TJ Yates lights it up but most probable is the fact that we will recognize what Matt Schaub meant to this team after this season.
twenty teams don't make the playoffs every year, right? i could be wrong
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #268
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else think Yates should change his number? I don't like that he's 13. :-\
Old 11-30-2011   #269
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Anybody else think Yates should change his number? I don't like that he's 13. :-\
Marino wore 13.

So did Kurt Warner.

I like it a lot.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #270
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pitched all through college with #13 on my back.......my lucky number. Evidently, he feels that it's also his.........I'll take that as a good omen!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #271
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
naaaah...

the number don't make the man

the Man makes the number.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #272
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Pitched all through college with #13 on my back.......my lucky number. Evidently, he feels that it's also his.........I'll take that as a good omen!
Yeah, I totally dig that. I was played WR all through high school, at Bellaire and Lamar, #13. Plus, I was born on the 13th day of November.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #273
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Triskaidekaphobia is just silly.

At this point I think the Texans should ban the # 8.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #274
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Triskaidekaphobia is just silly.

At this point I think the Texans should ban the # 8.
Nope, one of my fav #s
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #275
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer the number 16.

That's where she gets eight and I get eight.
Old 11-30-2011   #276
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah, I totally dig that. I was played WR all through high school, at Bellaire and Lamar, #13. Plus, I was born on the 13th day of November.
I've always used 13 too. If you add the year I was born (76) together, it comes out to thirteen.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #277
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I prefer the number 16.

That's where she gets eight and I get eight.
The hell... Hope ur a female, cuz a male with a vaj...

Edit, if that's what u ment
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #278
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
The hell... Hope ur a female, cuz a male with a vaj...

Edit, if that's what u ment
Nah, man, I'm a guy. I mean, you've never heard the expression, "Eat di--?"

Eh, never mind. She knew the expression...and she did (for what it's worth).
Old 11-30-2011   #279
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should ban the #8.

I'm OK with 13.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #280
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, 9000+ yards in two years, something only 6 NFL QB's have ever done, is bus driving. And funny how he has done it with according to many people crap WR's other than AJ.
Thats all fine and dandy for those folks playing fantasy football, but what was our record in those two years? 9-7, 6-10. In my time I've seen prolific numbers from QBs with poor defenses that translate to winning seasons because they put the team on their back and carry them. Schaub hasn't/doesn't do that. Sorry to say. I wish like hell he has, but I'm just being a realist.

Quote:
How many game winning drives have we seen in the past couple years have we seen Schaub orchestrate only to have Kris Brown miss a field goal or the D to turn around and allow a game winning drive to the opposing team? - way too many.
Just as many that have ended in Schaub throwing an INT or not even producing a drive. And when a game comes down to your special teams having to win the game, that just says the offense didn't do enough during the game to put it away.

I've seen enough of Schaub to know he is a good game manager of the offense. But that will only get you so far. To get where we want to go, we need more of a playmaker at the position. Plain and simple.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read