Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2011   #121
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
See, that I can agree with. You don't label him but just disagree with his take. That's alright and our right as fans.

And agree on 'agenda' as you frame it. My point was that I don't necessarily think he's got an agenda against specific teams or individual players. Obviously, an agenda to keep his job is understandable.
Yah, I agree that he probably doesn't have an angenda against certain teams and/or players either (unless he does... hmmmm)...

My purpose here is done ha, which was to point out that he's just like a lot of the big stars in his business, they'll go out of their way to remain consistant, even if it is only a mirage of consistancy... If that means being intellectually dishonest, oh well, that's that biz...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #122
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Lombardi says the Texans are better off without Leinart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Winning.

We scored 17 points, letting the team do what they do & not forcing anything.

Show me open receivers down the field then we'll talk about "Check downs" whether they were the right call or not.

From where I'm sitting, looked like he made the right decisions.

17 points in the first half.... maybe that would have been a touchdown to end the first..... 24 points. figure at least 10 points in the second, that's a 34 point game, checking down & doing exactly what we thought he would be capable of doing in this offense.

Anyone thinking he was going to look different are the delusional ones. We talked for the last 2 weeks how our system is designed to move the chains & we get our big plays on the bootleg.

That's exactly what we did when Leinart was in the game.
Without seeing the All-22 viewpoint of Leinart's plays we fans will never know whether all those checkdowns were warranted or not.

And we'll never know how the 2nd half would have unfolded with Leinart under center instead of Yates. We all realize that Kubiak went into "run out the clock and don't get our last QB hurt" mode in the second half.

So you're right, we won. At the end of the day, that's what we all wanted.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #123
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not a fan of his, but just the same, I don't get pissy if/when I don't like what he's got to say.

Apply the old saying about opinions and a-holes here...if ya' know what I mean.

REP

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #124
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I can do math. Watch-

Leinart + Yates - Schaub > Yates + Clemens + Delhome

Yates may be all that and a bag of chips but there's no way in hell losing Leinart makes this team better. He might not be Steve Young 2.0. Who is? He was a quality back up though. What if he just sucked and Kubiak put in Yates? And then Yates blew up and went Tom Brady on everybody...and you still have a quality backup in Leinart. Still have a guy who at the very least is totally better than Kellen Clemens or Jake Freaking Delhomme.....

There needs to be a new smilie of a cross-eyed parrot that just shrieks for attention. We'll all know what it really means.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
A lot of Texans fans are saying the same thing about what we got to see of Leinart. You do realize that he's not paid to be "classy" on The Network, yeah?

BTW, I'm not defending Lombardi. But, I do keep it in perspective that he's paid to spew his opinions on things.
& we give ours here.... for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-30-2011   #126
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

^They said there wouldn't be any math?
Old 11-30-2011   #127
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
And agree on 'agenda' as you frame it. My point was that I don't necessarily think he's got an agenda against specific teams or individual players. Obviously, an agenda to keep his job is understandable.
Even if Matt was not a Houston Texans, I would say the same thing. It was a classless piece. Just like we tell others here, you don't have to tear down one player to build another up.

We're talking about a guy who has gone through a lot & as far as I can tell, is just trying to get his career back on track. Golden boy from Cali humbles himself, sat behind Orlovsky, come back as a back-up, waiting for an opportunity, the old fashioned way. He could have ran back to daddy Carroll & be "given" a job, but he wanted to make his own way.

Again, Leinart did exactly what many correctly assumed he would be asked to do. However, Lombardi "assesses" Matt is a "check down king" when the team rallied to a 17 point lead on the 3rd ranked defense in the league in less than a half.

Go back & look at my posts, I generally don't get on the media for expressing their opinion. I don't think Lombardi is an "asshat" but this is not your typical, "Texans don't get no respect" reaction & that's all I'm saying.

Lombardi deserves it for this article.
Old 11-30-2011   #128
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone see the bit on ESPN where Steve Young said that Kubiak should give him a call?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #129
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajabill42 View Post
I listen to them.....I can take it.....but, Lombardi has been a hater in the past, as he states(virtually).......this just confirms his opinion.......but, a hater is a hater as he clearly demonstrates........it was a great throw. I don't take it away. It was 70% completion rate......it was 110 Rating......it was enough points in LT a half to win the game........and Lombardi comes out with.... SEE I WAS RIGHT.......without knowing the gameplan or breaking down the film.........I WAS RIGHT, based on nothing, but preconceptions.....gee, I call that a hater. I would love to see Mayock interview Kubiak as to the gameplan and then to breakdown the game film. But, not much chance of that.......just LOMBARDI, I WAS RIGHT!!!! What a joke!
Holy Ellipses!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read