Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-29-2011   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Andre told the ref ...and refs did nothing ...Andre also didn't get fined

Also it was two players going at it,not one guy on the ground and get stomped
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
NFL players mostly go home and get their news from watching talking heads on ESPN/NFLN like everyone else. 36 players out of nearly 1,700 in the league is meaningless anyway.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

And the NFL must go home and get their news from watching talking heads on ESPN/NFLN like everyone else, too?

Quote:
These aren't the statistics Ndamukong Suh was looking to compile in his second season — nine personal foul penalties, $47,500 in fines, $165,000 in lost salary and, as the NFL decreed Tuesday morning, a two-game suspension.

---------------------------------

"It was Suh's fifth violation of on-field rules in the past two seasons that has resulted in league discipline."

Source
Look, I like the guy. I like the passion and aggression that he brings to the game. But, at some point, it's got to be controlled within himself. He's got to act like a professional out there, or he's going to end up being another Albert Haynesworth.

I understand that you want to defend your boy at all cost, so I have to wonder where you draw the line in the sand and say that "this" would be too far.
Old 11-29-2011   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Andre told the ref ...and refs did nothing ...Andre also didn't get fined

Also it was two players going at it,not one guy on the ground and get stomped
Andre and Courtland were both fined $25,000. Neither were suspended, but both were ejected from that game.

For Tex & Goatcheese:

Suh's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDmCVSnn1U

Haynesworth's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4XUpN9bPQ

Haynesworth stepped on a player's exposed head, Suh stomps on the guy's forearm. I don't think the two incidents are the same thing, as Al's had the potential to do much more damage (and it did), but in contrast the GB guy gets up quickly and doesn't appear to be the slightest bit hurt.
Old 11-29-2011   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
This thing has been overblown. The O-Line man took him down after the play was over and Suh lost his cool.
When someone loses their cool a lot, it's no longer overblown. Suh has a pattern of behavior now.
Old 11-29-2011   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Andre and Courtland were both fined $25,000. Neither were suspended, but both were ejected from that game.

For Tex & Goatcheese:

Suh's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDmCVSnn1U

Haynesworth's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4XUpN9bPQ

Haynesworth stepped on a player's exposed head, Suh stomps on the guy's forearm. I don't think the two incidents are the same thing, as Al's had the potential to do much more damage (and it did), but in contrast the GB guy gets up quickly and doesn't appear to be the slightest bit hurt.
I wasn't in here to argue whether or not if Haynesworth's action was a little worse or if the guy was able to be hurt more or less. It's the "intent" that matters at the end of all of this, and both players were clearly in a violent mode with malitious intent when they decided to use their foot as a weapon on a guy lying on the ground in a pile. Suh has shown bad intentions in several games going on two years now and NFL players around the league have all came out and injected their disdain for how this guy plays at times. This is just one incident of many that we could debate about, but the fact that we've got so many repeated incidents sort of ends any question of whether or not this guy is dirty or not. I can't even believe that this is being debated honestly.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #26
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I've understood your premise this entire time. You are the one that is failing to realize that it's a joke as far as how you've been trying to rationalize Suh's actions.
Clearly not or you would not have argued that Fatass standing over a defenseless guy and making the cold, calculated, malicious decision to stomp on his exposed head is the SAME thing as a kick/stomp in the middle of a fight.

I'm not arguing that what Suh did was ok. Fighting is unsportsmanlike, even when AJ beat the F out of Innegan(a point you conveniently ducked). It is not dirty. Dirty is when you make a concious decision to try to injure someone.

Doing something stupid in the heat of a fight is not in the same universe as stomping on a defenseless guy's head just out of pure malice and intent to inflict injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
...you called one guy a bunch of names and called him dirty for the SAME act that SUh pulled and all you did was try and twist as if it wasn't the SAME ...
NOT THE SAME

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #27
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

So everyone in this topic that played organized football never stomped on somebody, punched a guy, delivered a cheapshot, hit a guy in the throat, etc?

Of course I was coached by assholes that pretty much encouraged that, so I may be biased.

Never stomped a guy though.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it IS the same.

Had that stomp landed perfectly, he could have snapped the guy's forearm. Highly unlikely, but as a player...your arms are as important as your head. As are your knees, and your feet (as we well know by now).

Can't argue that it's different. In fact, Suh (IMO) was shoving the guy's head down into the turf and even jerking it back and forth a bit for added discomfort...THEN he had the balls to stomp the guy as he's walking away.

So for me, it looked like Suh was hell-bent on making sure he doled out as much frustration as he could. In my reality, that shows Suh lost it so badly that he forgot people with stripes on their shirt were watching him. In Suh's reality, all he saw was some dude getting payback for something.

Finnegan and AJ have had a history for YEARS. In addition, Finnegan (like Suh) has had a history of excessive extra-curricular activity that has been recorded like a felon's rap sheet.

It's not fair to even compare the AJ-Finnegan drama to the Suh incidents. To me, Finnegan and Suh are the same person who have been COACHED by the same guy, Jim Schwartz. Schwartz is a dirty-play bastard just like Del Rio is. Plain and simple.

The Harbaugh-Schwartz Midfield Handshake Meltdown, where Schwartz overreacted juuuuuuust like Suh did is amazingly not talked about as much as it should be. Coach and player are the same person.
Old 11-29-2011   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doing something stupid in the heat of a fight is not in the same universe as stomping on a defenseless guy's head just out of pure malice and intent to inflict injury
NOT THE SAME

Didn't look like a fight to me....

Just looked like Suh was frustrated...

And I disagree that doing something "stupid" in a fight should be looked at as less of an action...

Doing something out of frustration and anger is doing something out of frustration and anger. You can make a case that O-linemen and D-linemen fight on every snap. Legally and within the rules, but the intensity is about the same as if you were throwing blows.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
So everyone in this topic that played organized football never stomped on somebody, punched a guy, delivered a cheapshot, hit a guy in the throat, etc?
I played all the way from junior high thru college and I never did any of that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #31
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Didn't look like a fight to me....

Just looked like Suh was frustrated...
The other guy got his in when he drove Suh to the ground after the play was over. Everyone else is walking away and he's trying to push Suh through the turf. I don't blame Suh for being upset, but he does need to stop reacting in such an immature manner. There's a right way and a wrong way to deal with frustration.

All I'm saying is that there's a big gap between what Suh did and dirty. He deserved to be ejected and fined, but a two game suspension ontop of that is overkill.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 11-29-2011   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 271715 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The other guy got his in when he drove Suh to the ground after the play was over. Everyone else is walking away and he's trying to push Suh through the turf. I don't blame Suh for being upset, but he does need to stop reacting in such an immature manner. There's a right way and a wrong way to deal with frustration.

All I'm saying is that there's a big gap between what Suh did and dirty. He deserved to be ejected and fined, but a two game suspension ontop of that is overkill.
Wow, get a new TV, satellite service and glasses and maybe a chart of team colors. They go to the ground together with Suh landing mostly on top and then he is the one who tries to shove the Green Bay players head into the turf three times before getting up and stomping on him. You have been so adamant all day about this I had to go look it up again. You are totally re-writing what happened.
Old 11-30-2011   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hmmm...what I recall seeing on my TV screen was BOTH guys tangled up with their arms and a blocker finishing the play on Suh.

The way you're saying it, the whistle had blown and for several seconds afterward the Packers guy is still pursuing the block and taking Suh to the ground.

If anything, Suh was pissed that he was taken out of the play AND fell to the ground with the Packers blocker still holding onto him. The whistle was blowing, IIRC, as the two guys are falling to the ground.

It just looked like Suh was angry and was hell-bent on giving a little extra effort for the sake of getting into the head of the Packers blocker...and he lost himself and went for the stomp because for whatever reason Suh didn't get the fearful response he wanted out of the guy.

To me, Suh looks like a pissy, moaning little hissy fit throwing BABY who can't handle not making the play every single time.

The whole key to this ordeal is JIM SCHWARTZ. That's all any of us need to know about this whole drama. Connect the dots, it's pretty damn easy.
Old 11-30-2011   #34
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I played all the way from junior high thru college and I never did any of that.
Alot of it depends on your coach. Some do actively encourage it.

I believe Jim Swartz in Detroit certainly does. Mike Shanahan is another coach that makes cheapshots part of the gameplan.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #35
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
This thing has been overblown. The O-Line man took him down after the play was over and Suh lost his cool. He should have been ejected, fined for fighting and then everyone could go on with their lives. It isn't like he ripped the guy's helmet off and stomped on his face. He punked a little ***** who shoved him down after the play and then went a little overboard by kicking the prick when he got up.

He's not dirty, just immature.
Wrong, he was slamming the guys head on the turf and then stomped on him like an overstuffed toddler throwing a fit. It should have been 3+ games for his fake sorry cry to Goodell as*.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #36
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe the title isn't something along the lines of :

SUH-SPENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really. Take it like this young man, AJ beat the hell outta someone's face on live TV and they did nothing because everyone from Goodell to ME knew that Innegan deserved it and that AJ is a decent dude.

This guy comes out on THANKSGIVING and plays like that? It probably would've just been another story instead of suspension if he had just stopped after the head slams.

KICKING?!?!?

That's ****ing weak Ndamakong. Real weak.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #37
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Clearly not or you would not have argued that Fatass standing over a defenseless guy and making the cold, calculated, malicious decision to stomp on his exposed head is the SAME thing as a kick/stomp in the middle of a fight.

I'm not arguing that what Suh did was ok. Fighting is unsportsmanlike, even when AJ beat the F out of Innegan(a point you conveniently ducked). It is not dirty. Dirty is when you make a concious decision to try to injure someone.

Doing something stupid in the heat of a fight is not in the same universe as stomping on a defenseless guy's head just out of pure malice and intent to inflict injury.

NOT THE SAME
You're entire premise here has been a giant spin that Suh isn't a dirty player. All you've done is tried to spin his actions as different things or different "intent" purposes, but it's been ridiculous from the start, because no one's idea that Suh is a dirty player came from one play alone. It's come from several over a two year period. That's called a pattern and a pattern shows a consistency in behavior. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand or how many ways it can be explained to you.

And stop bringing up AJ and his retaliation to Finnegan. That's a pathetic example to even try to bring into this, and that's exactly why I didn't address it earlier, but since you won't stop trying to shove that into this conversation, I'll explain the difference. AJ has been dealing with dirty play from Finnegan for years. He's told the refs stuff for years. He told the refs about Finnegan in that very same game. AJ knew that Finnegan's MO was to play dirty and to try and bait AJ into doing something stupid. AJ finally lost it and couldn't take it anymore and he retaliated. That isn't anywhere close to the same thing. Not even in the same galaxy as far as AJ's actions go. Suh is more like Finnegan in that respect in that Finnegan has had a long pattern of this behavior with a lot of players but specifically AJ since they play twice a year. Suh has that same pattern of behavior with a lot of players himself, and I'm sure that opposing lineman on other teams in their division that will see him twice a year will experience similar feelings as AJ has had with Finnegan. Funny, that you call Finnegan dirty though because he isn't anywhere near as dirty as Suh has shown to be thus far. You're conveniently picking and choosing players you like and dislike to label them. I get the fact that you're obviously a Suh fan like myself, but I won't sit here and play a blind man to his actions on the field. I loved watching Romanowski for years, but never once was I in disbelief of how dirty he was as a player.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

SUH is a dirty S.O.B.
Old 11-30-2011   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted Nov. 27, 2011 @ 6:02 p.m. ET
By ProFootballWeekly staff

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "(Lions DT) Ndamukong Suh is so full of (crap). He's living off where he got drafted. People that think he has played well are scouting off ESPN and watching too many highlights. Yeah, he looks great in flashes against weak sisters. I wouldn't want him over either one of the guys we have. He is a coward."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...l-as-portrayed
Old 11-30-2011   #40
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wow, get a new TV, satellite service and glasses and maybe a chart of team colors.
I'm quite happy with my Samsung UN65D8000 and lasik with Doc. Lipsky. I recommend them to everyone.

Quote:
They go to the ground together with Suh landing mostly on top and then he is the one who tries to shove the Green Bay players head into the turf three times before getting up and stomping on him. You have been so adamant all day about this I had to go look it up again. You are totally re-writing what happened.
Wow, when you say it like that it completely changes everything!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read