Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2011   #61
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is this still a playoffs or else year for Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
First off Kubiak aint going anywhere after this season, so that is that. Anyone who has any hopes of that still is just kidding themselves at this stage. Kubes will be back next season fellas.

This might surprise some people, but I'm okay with that going into next season. I don't think I've seen any team have this many key injuries to top players on one team as I've seen on the Texans this year. It's been just sad and depressing at this point once Leinart went down. Our season is officially over as far as a real playoff run goes. I think we'll make the post season, but we won't make any run at all considering what we'll have to work with at QB. I hate Kubiak and hae for years, but the Texans are 8-3 after all of these bad injuries and so for the first time in team history, I can honestly say that this is an over achieving team that I've been proud to watch this year. They've stuck their chest out through adversity and carried their weight like a real winning football team does. Can Kubiak sustain multiple seasons like that?? Probably not, and yeah that worries me, but there is no way that Bob Mcnair is going to fire him after this many key injuries. If he was fired, I don't think it would be unfair at all considering his 5 year history of failures, but Gary has done a good job with this team this season and Mcnair won't even consider firing Gary.
If you really felt that way, you'd change tha sig.
I hear the Rosencopter one ("football sold separately") is coming back into style.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I hear the Rosencopter one ("football sold separately") is coming back into style.
Thats the first thing I thought when I finished reading his post ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #63
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't care what anyone thinks about the sig. Never have. I'll sport it until I feel it should go down and Gary has more than one good season to make up for the last 5 that were negative ones. Like I said, I wouldn't be upset at all if he was fired. He should have been two years ago.

I'm willing to ease off the gas pedal though after what I've seen this season and I don't think he "should" be fired after I've seen the team over achieve this season. Way to much adversity of injuries to blame the coach for anything this time around. Bottom line is that I know that he won't be fired so it doesn't really matter any way.

For the people saying that people would still be begging to have Gary fired if we won the Lombardi trophy are completely full of it and sensationalizing things as usual.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak's job was safe before this game and it's safe now.

I've said it all season. McNair has built in excuses...errr....reasons. Lock-out, new DC, and from the beginning of the season, injuries.
I didn't start this thread. But I think I've asked the same question in another thread (or two).

I'm more concerned with what the fans think.

We know what McNair is going to do.

I know it doesn't matter & that McNair's opinion is the only one that does (ultimately). I'd just like to know.
Old 11-28-2011   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The "Anybody But Kubiak 2012" signature should remain on at least a few poster's sig lines.

It's just a reminder that one decent season cannot outweigh five previously mediocre seasons.

The sig is like a blinking caution light in some small town. You're cruising through the intersection at like 2 a.m. and it's there to remind you that another lane of traffic might pose danger if you're not paying full attention while proceeding through the light.

Or like a lighthouse throwing out a beam of light to tell ship captains that they're near the shore.

It doesn't mean you'll crash. It just says "Hey! You might be in for a rude awakening if you don't pay attention."

Deep, huh?
Old 11-28-2011   #66
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I really don't care what anyone thinks about the sig. Never have. I'll sport it until I feel it should go down and Gary has more than one good season to make up for the last 5 that were negative ones. Like I said, I wouldn't be upset at all if he was fired. He should have been two years ago.

I'm willing to ease off the gas pedal though after what I've seen this season and I don't think he "should" be fired after I've seen the team over achieve this season. Way to much adversity of injuries to blame the coach for anything this time around. Bottom line is that I know that he won't be fired so it doesn't really matter any way.

For the people saying that people would still be begging to have Gary fired if we won the Lombardi trophy are completely full of it and sensationalizing things as usual.
I guess what actually bugs me about the sig is the "Anyone" part. I can think of a whole list of guys that would have us in worse shape than Kubiak. When you used to sport the pro-Cowher sig, I could totally understand that. Guy has a good rep, he's smart, he's a player motivator. But "Anyone"...?

Anyway, I respect that you're giving a fair assessment regarding this year's team.

Should Kubiak have been gone at the end of last year? Even I have to say, "yes". I was never going to sport the soap but I wouldn't have been surprised if McNair had shown him the door.

Should he be fired based on this year's performance. Not if you're fair about it. Besides, as TexanMike said, who you gonna bring in that could get more out of this team than the staff has this season.

If folks are still holding grudges from previous years, well then nothing he can do will erase the past. Those folks will always "hate" on him.
Old 11-28-2011   #67
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If folks are still holding grudges from previous years, well then nothing he can do will erase the past. Those folks will always "hate" on him.
Yup, that's exactly what it boils down to . . . people holding a grudge because Kubiak wasn't fired.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching them all choke to death on all that crow they going to be forced to eat.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #68
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess what actually bugs me about the sig is the "Anyone" part. I can think of a whole list of guys that would have us in worse shape than Kubiak. When you used to sport the pro-Cowher sig, I could totally understand that. Guy has a good rep, he's smart, he's a player motivator. But "Anyone"...?

Anyway, I respect that you're giving a fair assessment regarding this year's team.

Should Kubiak have been gone at the end of last year? Even I have to say, "yes". I was never going to sport the soap but I wouldn't have been surprised if McNair had shown him the door.

Should he be fired based on this year's performance. Not if you're fair about it. Besides, as TexanMike said, who you gonna bring in that could get more out of this team than the staff has this season.

I think I've been very fair about Kubiak. I haven't said much about him this season, and I'll be fine with him coming back next season, because for the first time in history he has over achieved with a team and they've played like a true contender. Maybe I'll drop the sig soon, but not yet. I worry a lot about how one season can make people forget about the previous 5 though. But this year, I almost want to root for the guy to keep his job only because the injuries are maybe the worst I've seen in history in one season and we've still played well throughout that and that's mainly because of the defense, but we're playing at a high level regardless and that's all I've ever wanted to see. If Kubiak can have this team playing at a consistency like this again next season, than I might start liking the guy. I've got to see some longevity though, and this year I'll give Kubiak a A as far as how he has been able to have this team ready to play. You know my opinions and posting history as well as anyone Obi, and you've got to admit that it's pretty crazy to see me giving Kubiak an "A" this year. And I'm very happy to do it man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yup, that's exactly what it boils down to . . . people holding a grudge because Kubiak wasn't fired.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching them all choke to death on all that crow they going to be forced to eat.

You never cease to amaze me Marcus. You've been far off on this team for years and yet you still have the adacity to talk about all these other people eating crow. It's like hearing Ndamukong Suh go on a tirade about player safety and being a good sport. You've still got years of crow sitting your pantry buddy. Chomp away.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The "Anybody But Kubiak 2012" signature should remain on at least a few poster's sig lines.

It's just a reminder that one decent season cannot outweigh five previously mediocre seasons.
I'm fine with them. If that's the way people feel, that's the way people feel. Maybe a little harsh, but he's earned those stripes.
Old 11-28-2011   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I used to think that as well. When the Bills fired their coach a little while back & couldn't give that job to anybody I laughed. When they hired Chan Gailey...... I laughed.

I ain't laughing now. They look to have lost some steam, but we're what 3 seasons in & New England's butt's are puckered when they go to Buffalo (or Canada or where ever they play).
Old 11-28-2011   #71
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm fine with them. If that's the way people feel, that's the way people feel. Maybe a little harsh, but he's earned those stripes.
Like I said, it's just the "Anyone" part that bugs me. If you got a better man for the job, let us know who he is. Hell, I might agree with you.

But "Anyone"?
Would you want Andy Reid in here?
Norv Turner?
Jim Caldwell?
Shanny Sr.??
Pete Carroll...??
Jim Mora...? Jim Mora Jr.
Brian Billick...?? (ummm, maybe )

I'll stand pat with "Team Wary" if those are my choices.
Old 11-28-2011   #72
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like I said, it's just the "Anyone" part that bugs me. If you got a better man for the job, let us know who he is. Hell, I might agree with you.

But "Anyone"?
Norv Turner?
Jim Caldwell?
Shanny Sr.??
Pete Carroll...??

I'd add John Gruden and Jack Del Rio to that list.
Old 11-28-2011   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But "Anyone"?
Norv Turner?
Jim Caldwell?
Shanny Sr.??
Pete Carroll...??
Jim Mora...? Jim Mora Jr.
Brian Billick...?? (ummm, maybe )

The "Anyone" is, IMO, a bit of tongue-in-cheek paying homage to the Anybody But Obama 2012 bumper sticker.

To me, it's really more of an ultimatum than signifying we'd be happy with Cher or John Madden or just any bum on the street coaching the team. I'll tell you guys this...after watching the Tom Landry episode of the A Football Life on NFL Network, it's kinda' similar to what Kubiak is going through right now. The patterns are almost identical. Still, 6 years is a long time in this day and age.

It's an attempt at levity, which I think is really lost on a lot of people here. I know for a fact that there is a few guys on here who have been very outspoken how they dislike ANY humorous posts in the TexansTalk forum because they think it should be nothing but serious discussion and little whipper-snappers are using it as their Quick Wit Playground.

Don't make me post the Lighten Up, Francis pic....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read