Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2011   #41
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is this still a playoffs or else year for Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Kubiak will be back next year. As much as I want to see him gone, this has been a tough year for him and the entire coaching staff. Kudos to him for keeping the team together and playing well.
just wondering why ppl still want him gone at this stage when its pretty obvious we're one of the top teams in the league?

makes no sense to me
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #42
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yates has it, i dont know what "IT" is but i see it in him.
I'm with you, even if we get dogged on for having no solid evidence or logical reason to believe it. I've let blind fandom take over at this point. I don't see any point for myself to feel discouraged or skeptical..
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Tssssss. Hell yes kubes is save saver then fort knox we can lose out and misss the playoffs and he will still be save due to. Both matts going down he gets a save me pass. Lol
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #44
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This is hunting season, not hatin' season - that begins in January.

I am enjoying what I am seeing. I am also enjoying the efficiency. Once the season is over it will be time to re-evaluate.
Old 11-27-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
just wondering why ppl still want him gone at this stage when its pretty obvious we're one of the top teams in the league?

makes no sense to me
I'm not one of those people, but..... what makes us one of the top teams in the league? 8-3?

New England will probably finish 13-3, 12-4.... something like that. Baltimore, Pittsburgh probably finish with 11 wins apiece.

If we finish 9-7, would you still think we're one of the best teams in the league?

I believe that's what it's all about. With TJ Yates pulling the trigger, we're not that 8-3 team. We might be better, chances are we're not... not even as good as that team. But we'll see.

IMO, the HC's job is all about the team, & all our wins have been team wins. The defense has only scored 7 points all year. They've helped the offense, short field, extra opportunities..... but it's been team wins all year long.

Kubiak has 5 games left (this season) if we go 2-3, we're still in the play-offs & we're still one of the better teams in the league. if we go 1-4 (9-7) miss the play-offs..... not so much.
Old 11-28-2011   #46
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Every Kubiak season has featured at least one "1-4" stretch, so the jury is still
out on how good the 2011 season will ultimately be.

So far, so good though.
Old 11-28-2011   #47
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Did we win today????? Reading some of these posts u would think it was Houston Oilers at Buffalo all over again.
Man I'm glad the Internet was still in its infancy back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #48
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my position:

Can you find a coach that is going to make a difference next year? That should be the question that always drives decisions like this. In my opinion a Cowher doesn't fix this team. He's a defensive mastermind. Last time I checked, we've got one of those. Who comes in and gets more production out of our offense? The thing is I don't know how you answer that question. There are some holes on this team but I don't think there are enough that you point at them and say well we definitely need to start over. Who do you go get? I'll be honest, if this is a 11 or 12 win team (which I believe we are) and we have to "endure" 3 or 4 10+ win seasons in a row, I'm ok with that.

Instead of "is this a playoffs or else" year, the question should be "Is there any coach that makes this team better than Kubiak does?" If the answer is yes then go get him. I don't think that answer is yes. Not unless you're going to blow the offense up.

Mike

I thought we were a 10 win team before the season. I think we were a 12 win team prior to Schaub getting hurt. This is a damn good team.

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #49
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
At the same time, what would happen if we continue to win with Yates?

If we beat Atlanta, then Cincy, then Carolina, with T.J. Yates....... what then?

Will Kubiak earn his keep?
Yes.
Old 11-28-2011   #50
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
ha what bullshit. it wasnt cowhers or grudens teams either so, it was lebeau's & dungy's

wade's been an awesome pickup (despite what you see on TT, you dont have to be anti one guy to be pro another when they're on the SAME team!)

they're a nice foil for each other imo. wade knows defence and can put guys in position to suceed but his discipline hasnt always been the best whereas that has never been a problem since kubiak has been HC here
QFT

repped
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #51
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
No reasonable owner is going to hold a head coach to the standard of "you were bulldozing into the playoffs, but couldn't finish the deal with TJ Frickin Yates at the most critical position in sports."

Its just not going to happen. And for all the whining, Kubiak fields a damn good offense most Sundays.

Kubiak stays. And at this point, rightfully so. Reload, heal up and come back next year.
I'll tell you what... we hired Kubiak because he's a QB guru. This is crunch time for Kubiak and to get the rookie he selected up to speed with a week of practice. Difficult but isnt Kubiak supposed to shine in this area? So... this IS Kubiak's playoff stretch. He's 1-0 as of yesterday so I'm real happy so far. I don't think we've ever punted so much before yesterday but I am still happy. We won and we won convincingly.

I'm worried about Andre. What little I saw of him (and I watched hard), he looked plain. I'm afraid that Kubiak will be eating a Yates/Jones sandwich... as rotten as that is... Kubiak gets a pass. Bullshit. He is EXPECTED to pull out the win. It's all about results results results.
Old 11-28-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'm worried about Andre. What little I saw of him (and I watched hard), he looked plain. I'm afraid that Kubiak will be eating a Yates/Jones sandwich... as rotten as that is... Kubiak gets a pass. Bullshit. He is EXPECTED to pull out the win. It's all about results results results.
Are you expecting Kubiak to go 5-0 over the next 5 games?

I mean I do... I expect a good football team to win every game they play. As far as I'm concerned, we're better than every team on our schedule, other than Atlanta (but we play them at home).

I'm just trying to clarify this "bullshit" statement. I think we still win the division, is that what you are talking about, or do you think it would be "bullshit" if we don't win out?
Old 11-28-2011   #53
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you expecting Kubiak to go 5-0 over the next 5 games?

I mean I do... I expect a good football team to win every game they play. As far as I'm concerned, we're better than every team on our schedule, other than Atlanta (but we play them at home).

I'm just trying to clarify this "bullshit" statement. I think we still win the division, is that what you are talking about, or do you think it would be "bullshit" if we don't win out?
No. I expect us to lose out and still make the playoffs. I think a lot of you are dismissing the Colts and Panthers a little too quickly. They will have Luck all locked up. Manning hasn't been IR'ed. Cam Newton is a playmaker and our offense became anemic. Seems like a bad combination all around for Kubiak. He must continue to produce results. Going 0-6, 1-5, or even 2-4 with a soft schedule ahead is NOT it.
Old 11-28-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
He must continue to produce results. Going 0-6, 1-5, or even 2-4 with a soft schedule ahead is NOT it.
Then you're basically saying the same thing everyone else is... just a little too much hate & negatism.

But I can guarantee you we won't go 0-6 or 2-4. I highly doubt we'll go 1-5 from here on out.

I'm not looking past anyone. We take each game one at a time.
Old 11-28-2011   #55
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We only have 5 games left, not 6.

2-3 over the next five would not thrill me at all, but it's 10 wins and I say 10 wins keeps Kube's job in tact, especially under the circumstances.

Let's just get Rosencopter and win all 5!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #56
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We only have 5 games left, not 6.

2-3 over the next five would not thrill me at all, but it's 10 wins and I say 10 wins keeps Kube's job in tact, especially under the circumstances.

Let's just get Rosencopter and win all 5!
I was counting our first round exit.
Old 11-28-2011   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was counting our first round exit.
Oh, OK, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #58
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the same time, what would happen if we continue to win with Yates?

If we beat Atlanta, then Cincy, then Carolina, with T.J. Yates....... what then?

Will Kubiak earn his keep?
Not according to some. They want him gone any way they can get it.

If they havent given Gary any credit for getting the team to this point with the injuries they have already sustained .... they could bring home a Lombardi Trophy and these same people would still be flying their "Anybody but Kubiak in 2012" Sigs.

First two games the offense is without the leagues leading rusher from last season - They didnt miss a beat.

No J-Jo for the first game.

They lose Walter for a game.

They lose MW for the season and a rookie steps in and fills the void.

They lose D.Manning for 4 games , Nolan plays well in his place.

Next up .... Casey and AJ for 2 and 6 games respectively.

Get #80 back and lose #'s 8 & 11 .... the result a W with a 3rd string QB who protected a lead in the second half by making no mistakes while completing better than 50% of his passes after being the scout team QB all season and Leinart getting the lions share of the reps during the last week since he had to get up to speed.

Getting rid of Kubiak could very well be like losing Schaub for many - They arent satisfied with Schaub because he isnt Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady .... but he's better than all but a handful of QB's in the league. They'd rather be like Miami or The Redskins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Slow your roll, hoss. This is Wade Phillips' team and Wade Phillips' season.
While Wade has done a great job with the defense .... he does nothing for the offense ..... and he does answer to Gary at the end of the day. You are delusional.

8-3 with the #1 seed in the AFC after 11 games despite a ton of injuries to key players ..... a Lombardi wouldnt satisfy the "Fire Kubiak" crowd. Kinda remind me of the "Occupy" crowd who dont know what they want ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #59
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

First off Kubiak aint going anywhere after this season, so that is that. Anyone who has any hopes of that still is just kidding themselves at this stage. Kubes will be back next season fellas.

This might surprise some people, but I'm okay with that going into next season. I don't think I've seen any team have this many key injuries to top players on one team as I've seen on the Texans this year. It's been just sad and depressing at this point once Leinart went down. Our season is officially over as far as a real playoff run goes. I think we'll make the post season, but we won't make any run at all considering what we'll have to work with at QB. I hate Kubiak and hae for years, but the Texans are 8-3 after all of these bad injuries and so for the first time in team history, I can honestly say that this is an over achieving team that I've been proud to watch this year. They've stuck their chest out through adversity and carried their weight like a real winning football team does. Can Kubiak sustain multiple seasons like that?? Probably not, and yeah that worries me, but there is no way that Bob Mcnair is going to fire him after this many key injuries. If he was fired, I don't think it would be unfair at all considering his 5 year history of failures, but Gary has done a good job with this team this season and Mcnair won't even consider firing Gary.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's job was safe before this game and it's safe now.

I've said it all season. McNair has built in excuses...errr....reasons. Lock-out, new DC, and from the beginning of the season, injuries.

We know McNair's M.O. after watching this franchise for a decade. This thread would not even exist if some folks just paid attention.

As for opinion of "should he be fire if [blank] happens", no. We've got a TEAM now that rallies, and we have some really positive momentum aspects happening that would be blown up if McNair fires the head coach. Regardless of how this season plays out, Kubiak should, and will, be here in 2012.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read