Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011   #81
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
"who do you think I am? Some summoner, that can just summon video on my phone?"

I lol everytime to that commercial. My wife always plans dinner when there is an important sporting event. Our wedding wass the day of the big UT-OSU game in 2006.
Ya know, there are reasons I'm on my 3rd not-so-friendly-fat wife. Mrs. 3rd understands my Texans addiction. That's a good thing for both of us. I have a house full of nerf balls and usually the wife and baby go elsewhere when the Texans play. It makes for a happy marriage.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #82
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The only GOOD thing I can say about this kid is that he DIDN'T throw any interceptions. WHAT THE VUGG WAS HE DOING OUT THERE?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #83
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates was impressive, hopefully kubes will loosen the leash once we have another QB on the roster.
We seem to be going through them like kleenexes.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #84
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The only GOOD thing I can say about this kid is that he DIDN'T throw any interceptions. WHAT THE VUGG WAS HE DOING OUT THERE?!
He was playing quarteback. What did you think he was doing? yates looked pretty OK considering the circumstances and could do OK the rest of the year.
Old 11-27-2011   #85
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCF View Post
Yates was impressive, hopefully kubes will loosen the leash once we have another QB on the roster.
We seem to be going through them like kleenexes.

"Impressive"? He only got one first down in all the snaps he took.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #86
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
"Impressive"? He only got one first down in all the snaps he took.
He also handed off eleventythreehundred times. He looked OK when he took over in the 2nd quarter, before Kubiak turtled on us.
Old 11-27-2011   #87
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Couple things...

- I'm nervous about the qb situation, however TJ looked ready for the opportunity and showed some pretty good confidence out there.

- the pass to Andre was DOWNFIELD and a pretty ballsy throw to make and it was right where it needed to be.

- he has pretty good zip on the ball, which should be great off the play action. Which we had another burner WR for him to set up the deep ball. And his ball looks great in the air, tight spin, etc.

- he's pretty mobile too. Moreso than the Matt's. He will have some chances to take off too with our offense.

- Kubes played the lead in the second half, so you can't judge his gamerness right now. I really want to see what happens when the playbook is opened up for more deep stuff.

- I think he needs to live at the stadium and get his timing down with the big boys on the first team. Let's see if we can Get the qb and wr on the right track.

Finally, I want to ask this... Is our OL still one of the best in the league since our qb1 and qb2 were knocked out of the game. Seems to me they should step it up in pass pro. Winston was playing pattycake when Leinart got rolled. Watch the highlight, it looked pretty funny.

Would love to hear what some of you guys thought of what I saw, or if that's how you saw it.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #88
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Couple things...

- I'm nervous about the qb situation, however TJ looked ready for the opportunity and showed some pretty good confidence out there.

- the pass to Andre was DOWNFIELD and a pretty ballsy throw to make and it was right where it needed to be.

- he has pretty good zip on the ball, which should be great off the play action. Which we had another burner WR for him to set up the deep ball. And his ball looks great in the air, tight spin, etc.

- he's pretty mobile too. Moreso than the Matt's. He will have some chances to take off too with our offense.

- Kubes played the lead in the second half, so you can't judge his gamerness right now. I really want to see what happens when the playbook is opened up for more deep stuff.

- I think he needs to live at the stadium and get his timing down with the big boys on the first team. Let's see if we can Get the qb and wr on the right track.

Finally, I want to ask this... Is our OL still one of the best in the league since our qb1 and qb2 were knocked out of the game. Seems to me they should step it up in pass pro. Winston was playing pattycake when Leinart got rolled. Watch the highlight, it looked pretty funny.

Would love to hear what some of you guys thought of what I saw, or if that's how you saw it.
The OL got manhandled today. They just flat got their asses kicked.

Agreed on Yates. The kid showed a little fire in the few plays he got in before Kubiak turtled.
Old 11-28-2011   #89
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The OL got manhandled today. They just flat got their asses kicked.

Agreed on Yates. The kid showed a little fire in the few plays he got in before Kubiak turtled.
I also thought that Yates seemed to have a quick release and a decent arm. There wasn't much of a sample size, but thats how it looked to me.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #90
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here's a piece that I stumbled across, which I have never seen posted on this board before. The repeated knock on Yates at the time of the draft was that his arm was suspect. But if most of this is true, we may have finally found that diamond that the Texans seem to always be looking for.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho....php?p=1727519
This post from CND deserves a bump to the top.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #91
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I also thought that Yates seemed to have a quick release and a decent arm. There wasn't much of a sample size, but thats how it looked to me.
I said after the draft that Yates was the pick I was most excited about besides Watt. He may turn out to be nothing, for he is a 5th round pick, after all. But he has a live arm, a quick release, better mobility than most realize, and he has courage under fire. I like what I've seen from him at UNC and in preseason this year. He's a rookie and he's going to make rookie mistakes. I was sure hoping to see him after a year or two of development become the backup to Schaub, so this is way earlier than I'd hoped for, and I doubt he's ready. Nonetheless, there have been QBs that have been drafted late or signed from some backwoods Arena team and come in to play good football. Kubiak is a good QB coach, so let's see him earn his stripes and put the kid into a position to succeed.

Yates has the tools, but not the experience. So now he'll get the experience on the fast track. It sucks, but that's life in the NFL. I think he can do some good things, and I think he could become a starter in the NFL at some point in his career.
Old 11-28-2011   #92
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope this guy has no clue what he is talking about ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzoJ...eature=related
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #93
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I sure hope this guy has no clue what he is talking about ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzoJ...eature=related
His name is Hub Arkush.

I'm fairly confident he's not a guy we need to rely upon.

"Dude, we're screwed. Did you hear what Hub Arkush had to say about (insert any player's name here)? Hub knows his shit. We're doomed."
Old 11-28-2011   #94
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Look the kid played ok i'm not going head over heels with him, the plays were nothing spectacular all were short to medium routes that he could handle with a strong running game & very good defensive play. I give him credit he didn't turn over the ball but let's slow it down he played against the Jaguars defense and there record speaks a lot of what type of team that we beat yesterday. We need to go and sign another Veteran QB if Leinart is going to be out for the rest of the season and we need to Draft the QB of the Future in this years draft to secure our franchise because I don't believe that TJ Yates is our guy.
Old 11-28-2011   #95
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like Matt 1&2 I think Yates will do better in this offense than he would in other situations. But also like Matt 1&2 i think there will be a drop off in what we can do and we lose a bit of stability.

I also believe that it's possible that Yates makes some good plays to help us win games.

Or maybe not. Really not confident either way, but if I had to bet my house I'd have to be prudent and go against him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #96
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way to hit the moon is to shoot for it. Ready? Aim....>FIRE!!!!

The OL looked terrible and got owned because they went beyond vanilla to kill the clock. It wouldn't take a beginner level Madden player to call that many run blitzes. When given the chance to sling it, young man made some good plays against a legit D. Idk how anybody can argue that or against dude's ability. All he showed yesterday is that he can make plays on this level. But don't let that stop us from criticisms.

If I'm Kubiak, I prepare this next game like I'm going in with John Elway. BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. This isn't the time to hole up and hope for teams to forget to play defense.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #97
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I'm ok with Kubes keeping it conservative and sitting on our thin lead. If he had let Yates throw more and he threw a pick that cost us the game then we'd really have something to ***** about.
Now is not the time to display any common sense.

We are either doomed or on the cusp of finding the next Brady.

Choose a side.

“Right tackle Eric Winston said the Texans were wary of anything against the Jaguars that could get Yates hurt because they didn’t want to test Daniels’ quarterbacking skills. It’s a mistake, Winston emphasized, to put too much in to what the rookie did, or didn’t do.

“I think next week you’ll see a much different T.J. because he can make some huge throws,” Winston said. “He’s much more athletic than Schaub or Leinart. That will work well with some of what we do. He can get out of the pocket, he can make some throws. I am not worried at all. I think that he'll meld well with what we’re doing in the play-action game.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-turn-to-yates

Old 11-28-2011   #98
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well u know any team that plays us are gonna bltz us like crazy, that could work for our advantage or hurt us big time with a rookie back there...I say sign Jeff Garcia
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #99
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
This is the most depressed I've been after a victory that I can ever remember.
Wait until after Saturday when the Cougars destroy them 50-0 only to get shunned from the title game.
Old 11-28-2011   #100
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

I see he has Schaub's Shitty Picture of the Game routine down.
Yates - OUT FOR SEASON (detached tongue)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read