Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-01-2011   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacksonville on 27 November

Anyone else going? I live in GA, but I'm in the jax tv market so I go every year if for no other reason than fear of a blackout.
Old 11-07-2011   #2
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville on 27 November

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Anyone else going? I live in GA, but I'm in the jax tv market so I go every year if for no other reason than fear of a blackout.
I got lowers (4-together) for $35 on stubhub. Getting Jags tix under face value isn't terribly hard, but there are a lot of good seats out there cheap.
Old 11-07-2011   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a few days after Thanksgiving, I doubt there will be many from the Houston area making that trip.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Being a few days after Thanksgiving, I doubt there will be many from the Houston area making that trip.
That said, if JAX offered free sausage, Hobie would be there!!

Old 11-08-2011   #5
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait till we smash these crybaby mother****ers. I hope we run all over Terrance Knighton fat ass.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That said, if JAX offered free sausage, Hobie would be there!!

Now T_B, I thought we had a deal that you don't tell anyone about our secret, and I wouldn't either....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #7
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I am on the fence about going, but I will probably be there.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2011   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking about it, just gotta make arrangements to be off work on Monday. I refuse to fly there.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm thinking about it, just gotta make arrangements to be off work on Monday. I refuse to fly there.
Why the refusal to fly?
Old 11-12-2011   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Why the refusal to fly?
Close enough to drive, and I HATE flying!! I'll do it if I have to, but, I have to drug myself up. I traveled by myself to Indy and Buffalo and was such a basket case it took me an entire day to recover, both ways. The flight from Cleveland into Buffalo was so bad it took everything in me, and the fact that I didn't have time, to keep from renting a car and driving back to Texas. I simply hate it!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

When I was stationed in San Antonio, my wife and I would drive over to Houston for home game a couple of times a year. When we got stationed in Spain, I would pick the holiday (thanksgiving or christmas) with back to back home games for my vacations home. Now we're in South GA, about an hour out of Jax and I get one game a year with only a short drive, but i'm still forced to fly back to houston for two more games each season. If you tell your Dr. you have a flying phobia, you can get an rx for a couple of pills to calm you down.
Old 11-18-2011   #12
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Gma,

Did you decide if you were going?

I decided that I will be there :-). Just reserved my hotel and looking for tickets now.
Old 11-19-2011   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Close enough to drive, and I HATE flying!! I'll do it if I have to, but, I have to drug myself up. I traveled by myself to Indy and Buffalo and was such a basket case it took me an entire day to recover, both ways. The flight from Cleveland into Buffalo was so bad it took everything in me, and the fact that I didn't have time, to keep from renting a car and driving back to Texas. I simply hate it!
I use to really have problems flying and needed to get "well-lubed" before boarding a flight. Anyway I kinda worked thru it to the point where I actually enjoy flying these days.
But I wanted to commend you for your determination to support the Texans even if it includes traveling to their games by way of a mode of transportation that you really despise and even fear. You are a true Texan fan SheTexan !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #14
HealingBullets
Rookie

I am going over because I think it may be our finest moment....At least I hope so...I will be in the front row at the fifty behind the Texan bench...I really would like to see our guys kick pot roast's ass
HealingBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #15
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingBullets View Post
I am going over because I think it may be our finest moment....At least I hope so...I will be in the front row at the fifty behind the Texan bench...I really would like to see our guys kick pot roast's ass
I'll see you at the game...
Old 11-22-2011   #16
euro-Texan
All Pro

I hope there is a good Texans fan-base showing at the game. Jax is a Navy town so there is usually a good amount of displaced Texans such as myself who show up. Last year and again this year, the Taxans/Jags game will be the Jacksonville "Salute to the Armed Forces" game. Last year there were quite a few fans at the game who were for neither team in their own hometeam jerseys just there to see an NFL game. In my section most of them were rooting against the home-team. In the end, that hail mary crushed my soul and I don't remember much after that. In fact, for the last three years, that empty stadium has been my "factory of saddness." Here's hoping for a better outcome.
Old 11-27-2011   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Wow! The Texans represented today. There must have been 1000 people sporting Texans jerseys in jax today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read