Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-24-2011   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gerhart, Desean Jackson, or Ben Tate

Gerhart @ Atlanta
Jackson vs. Pats
Tate @ Jax

This is for my flex position. My other 2 rb's are Arian Foster and Matt Forte. My other 2 wr's are Colston and Jordy Nelson.

I am leaning towards Tate at the moment even though I am starting Foster too. Gerhart worries me a little and Jackson is questionable at the moment and has been lackluster until recently.

Thoughts?
Old 11-24-2011   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gerhart, Desean Jackson, or Ben Tate

Adrian Peterson has twisted his ankle, right? I'd tend toward Gerhart because I think he's going to have the biggest opportunity.

My second choice would be DeSean. You never know what you're going to get from him... at least recently (I rode him to a championship game a couple of years ago). He could have a huge day or he could totally disappear.

I don't know if Tate's going to have a huge day against the Jags. He might. I hope he does.

But my gut feeling is to go with Gerhart.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Maclin out? Is AP out? Probably going to be a game time decision, just watch the news.
Old 11-25-2011   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last I heard AP is out for a couple of weeks, high ankle sprain .

Don't know about Maclin though. Jackson has sucked all year until last week, I think VY targets him more or somehting. He could go off or go back to sucking. Bust or boom.

Tate will probably put up around 12 pts or so.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 11-25-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Last I heard AP is out for a couple of weeks, high ankle sprain .

Don't know about Maclin though. Jackson has sucked all year until last week, I think VY targets him more or somehting.

Tate will probably put up around 12 pts or so.
ATL DST is #2 against the run and they're at at home. Gerhardt's out IMO.

DJax has contract drama right now. I traded Hillis earlier in the season for the same reason. Maybe feast, maybe famine...screw it. I'd rather it be another owner's problem.

I've also got Foster, but I'm going with Tate as my flex this week. The playoffs are coming up and now is a good time to double down on the Texans run game.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
ATL DST is #2 against the run and they're at at home. Gerhardt's out IMO.

DJax has contract drama right now. I traded Hillis earlier in the season for the same reason. Maybe feast, maybe famine...screw it. I'd rather it be another owner's problem.

I've also got Foster, but I'm going with Tate as my flex this week. The playoffs are coming up and now is a good time to double down on the Texans run game.
I have been leaning towards Tate for the reasons you mentioned. I wish I would have played Tate a few times at the flex already.
Old 11-25-2011   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have been leaning towards Tate for the reasons you mentioned. I wish I would have played Tate a few times at the flex already.
You and me both. The only week I've played him was week 2 when Foster was out and Ward was hurt. I keep using R. White, Fitz, Welker, Tolbert, A. Hernandez, and J. Finley at flex at one time or another. Seems like whichever one I use doesn't score while the guy I bench goes off. All the while, Tate keeps getting 10+ points week in and week out.

This week, Welker's riding the pine.

I know it goes against conventional wisdom to play your handcuff as your flex, but screw it. He's the most consistent option I've got.
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2011   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I have decided to put Desean Jackson in......
Old 11-27-2011   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
I have decided to put Desean Jackson in......
Wish I did

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read