Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2005   #21
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo
Just want to say one thing..........and this is going out to all of you that have given up on my texans......yes I say my texans...because it is apperantley you guys have no faith in them...here you are throwing names and blames and get rid of this guy and that guy and that other one....fire the coach....fire the GM...fires the offensive coordinator......fire the defensive coordinator.......while were at it fire the towel boy wy dont we............
I for a change.......am and will always remain faithful..........GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
All of you haters on the board complaining of how disgusted you are with my texans.....and saying that you dont wnat your season tickets anymore then go ahead...HOT SHOTS......let me have them that way some one who is truly faithful to my boys can appreciate the luxury of being a REAL FAN!!!!!!

Sorry but I am going to have to have the pleasure of disagreeing with you Champ! As a Texans fan/supporter/etc, I feel I have every right to show my pleasure through the good times and my total displeasure through the rougher times. Like everyone else on this board, I am sure that any team I have ever supported and cheered for in whatever sport I enjoy has had a lean time. Doesn't mean I have to stand for mediocrity and stupid decisions made by that organisation. I am allowed to vent my opinions, frustrations and emotions how I feel as long as it's not detrimental to any particular person in a slanderous manner. Doesn't make me a bad fan, a sore loser or the like. So if you start a thread like this, expect people to still feel however they like. Humans aren't sheep and won't just follow what you say, think or feel just because you feel they should. It's called freedom of speech and having our own minds so deal with it...
Old 10-10-2005   #22
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A real fan will stay faithful fire breather..........not start droping dimes
"Listen, Your Majesty, we really don't like getting taxed into oblivion and getting exploited whenever you want. We're still loyal fans of yours, though. And sorry about all that tea." --Samuel Adams, in your world

There's a difference between your version of "faithful" and, well, everyone else's.

I have been, and will always be, a loyal Texans fan. So are most people on this board who are feeling the pain right now, and they shouldn't be attacked for having an opinion about what's wrong.

If you want to watch the games with blinders on, knock yourself out. It may be easier that way. I respect your loyalty. Respect ours too.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #23
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it goes beyond even just being emotionally involved in a team's success or failure.

Many of the people on this board have a financial investment in the Texans and that's not cheap.

So when you see your dollars being wasted (for want of a better word) you speak out.

Frankly I think many feel the players are not giving their best effort. On their dime too.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #24
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Just want to say one thing..........and this is going out to all of you that have given up on my texans......yes I say my texans...because it is apperantley you guys have no faith in them...here you are throwing names and blames and get rid of this guy and that guy and that other one....fire the coach....fire the GM...fires the offensive coordinator......fire the defensive coordinator.......while were at it fire the towel boy wy dont we............
I for a change.......am and will always remain faithful..........GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
All of you haters on the board complaining of how disgusted you are with my texans.....and saying that you dont wnat your season tickets anymore then go ahead...HOT SHOTS......let me have them that way some one who is truly faithful to my boys can appreciate the luxury of being a REAL FAN!!!!!!

there are a lot of people on this board that push the panic button way too fast .... it's a sign of the times ... an instant gratification world .... but in this case I agree .... change is needed and IMO will happen with or without anyone changing their avatar ....
Old 10-10-2005   #25
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I think fisherflo was just searching for some free tickets.

Sorry brutha', I still go to every tailgate and game and use my tickets well.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This forum is for the fans to pick apart the team, pick apart the players, management, staff....you know, good ol' fashioned Texas football talk. I've been "talking football" with my friends for decades now. It's not always pretty or kind to the players, but we love this game and picking the players, team and coaches apart is what message boards are for. Typing disgust for the team isn't a sign of being a bad fan...but redundant bashing with some agenda where all you can do is hammer the supportive fans for being supportive or redundantly typing that "Carr sucks" in every single thread goes too far and isn't welcome here. Hey, if you don't like him, make an argument and talk about it all you want...but this serial posting like Elite did was just too much.

I've tried to cut back the guys who post the same flaming comments over and over and over only trying to get a rise out of the fans or bashing the supportive fans. Elite was silenced and will be totally wiped soon because he only posts "Carr sucks" comments and he does nothing else here....stuff like this brings down forums when too many posters get like that, but if you do not like this current team make up/results this is what the forum is for.....express yourself, but make an argument and talk some football for cripes sakes. All the redundant bashing guys will be identified and dealt with slowly if all they want to do is cause chaos.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #27
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Like I said earlier this year if they are 0-16 I will still be here and still be a fan, Hey I'm an ex-oiler fan I have seen some Horrible teams over the years so a little losing is not going to make me turned on them,But I'm not going to act like everything is great.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.

Last edited by Texas_Heat; 10-10-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #28
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I know some people out there think we should wait till the end of the season to fire Capers, but take a look at this way. If we keeps Capers till the end of the season, then how many good players that we have now are going to leave if they think Capers is going to stick around. I know if I was a player there, if I thought Capers even had a chance for sticking around for another day, let alone another year, I'd be tapping my agent on the shoulder and going, "Get me the **** out of here." I think that getting rid of a huge problem now will prove to our current players that we are serious (this time) and making a winning team.
The problem is signing a new head coach. No one would take the job for a 1 year contract, IMHO. And you certianly do not want to sign someone who has no experience to a long term contract only to fire them at the end of the season. So the best thing now is to suck out the rest of the season and review all of our options in obtaining the very best coach available. But this is all my opinion at doing good business. I can wait to the end of this miserable season for a new head coach...

But to the original poster, please, don't come here trash talking. I am in my 4th year as a season ticket holder and want to continue, but will not waste good money on a bad product. I wasnt the one boo'ng them yesterday and it was loud. But I may end up jumping on that band wagon before the season is over....
Old 10-10-2005   #29
Demon
Rookie

STOP! It is bad enough that the Texans are the worst team in the league. Fighting amongst ourselves isn't the answer. Yes, changes have to be made. Yes, Capers will get the ax. Yes, we'll remain loyal to our team. It is tough love at this point. At least we can enjoy the 'stros. They play with a lot of heart.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #30
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default We want wins. To be contenders. Is that too much to ask?

I love this team. Will not give up on them. But, damn I can be pissed off when they aren't playing well and not making the right adjustments. Just that the NFL is back in Houston is great. With that being said I'm sure alot of us were looking for the kind of success 4 of of the previous 5 expansion teams before us had. Panthers - who Dom coached - made it to the NFC championship their 2nd season, and recently w/ a new coach made it to the Superbowl; Jaguars made it to the AFC championship their 2nd season; Titans after leaving Houston made it to the Superbowl; and Baltimore even won a Superbowl in their short time.

I was hoping that this team would come in and get the job done quick. Make us proud and forget previous disappointments from our previous team. So far our QB has set the rcord for most sacks in a season and is on pace to breaking even that. The coaches haven't found a way to capitalize on the strengths of the team and build on it. Though we've progressed a game or 2 in our first 3 seasons, we're going backwards now.

I like most of the fans on this board was looking for a team on fire this year. One that was/is hungry for the playoffs. We haven't seen it yet. And looking at the looks and emotions of the players, probably won't see it this year.

I was a fan of the Cowboys when they didn't win a game all season back in the 90-91 season - I think that was the season. and a couple of years later they won 2 superbowls. I'm still hoping that this team will do the same, and SOON. So until and even after that happens, I'm behind this team. And maybe we'll get that all Texas Superbowl one day
Old 10-10-2005   #31
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine how boring this board would be if after every game all the topics were,

"I still support the Texans" OR
"Our Punter looked Awesome today!"
etc, you get the idea. If everyone was a blind supporter of the team no matter how bad they were, this place would suck
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #32
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey hot shot...if you are so ashamed of my TEXANS...then why dont you just stay home and watch the cowboys play......like i said before....handover those tickets!!!!!!

I'll gladly sell this season's tickets to you for face value... If you'd like mine. I've had tickets every year. For four years, I've left my family early on Sunday mornings and driven to Houston from Austin to watch/root for my team. I've posted hundreds of times and I don't think I ever made one negative comment about the organization until this season. The only quitters are the Texans. They aren't putting out full effort and the entire organization has yet to answer for their disgraceful performances. I pay $800 a year for my 2 seats, I think it's not to out of line to at least expect a few competitive games. So far, two games and two blowouts.

These players and coaches get paid a heck of a lot of money, made off of my back as a consumer... If I don't hold them accountable then who will?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #33
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Dale you raise a good point and you should hold them accountable. The fact of the matter is that people will continue to support the Texans regardless if you leave or not. You fans need to get over yourself!!
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #34
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Calling out the fans is rediculas. The people on this board are some of the ONLY people that I actually hold intellegent football conversations with, even if it is through the internet. I'm about as loyal a fan as they come and untill last weekend I still had a little faith in our coaches and players. I will never bash anyone for being loyal to the team. If you want to believe that the front office, coaches and players are doing the job that they were hired to do then that is your right; just as it is my right to completley disagree. What I do know is the Texans would be lucky to have a stadium full of members from this board.
Old 10-10-2005   #35
Tenacious G
Rookie

fisherflo, you're confusing "loyalty" with "follow like lemmings." man, time to take off the rose-colored glasses and overuse of the word "hater". most of the people who post on this board are here because they are true fans of the organization and are unhappy with the team's direction. if they didn't care abou the team, they wouldn't be posting on here.

the fact people are venting their frustrations and offering suggestions how they'd like to see the team change is a sign of a good fan. what good comes from sitting back and accepting the fact players, coaching staff, and management are not collaborating to form the best team possible?
Tenacious G is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read