Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2011   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fat Albert Haynesworth on Schaub Injury

LMAO "The Texans are a bunch of wusses, because Schaub got hurt and the Texans didn't take out Haynesworth". How in the heck did you make that connection?

Give me a break...there's reaching and then there's THAT.

The Texans aren't "wusses". Have you even read what other teams have to say about us after they play us or when they're game planning for us. Now they use words like tough, physical, and yes...even "dirty". Any fan who actually thinks this team hasn't "stood up for themselves" simply is a fan who hasn't watched much of Texans football.

I guess the Texans weren't standing up to the Titans when we had a bench clearing scuffle either huh? Or when Eric Winston got in KVB's face and threatened to kick his ass. Or when our maniac LBer is getting in people's faces and even head butting them with his helmet off....nope he wasn't backing down. Or when Duane Brown is punching players on the sideline.

Also to criticize Andre Johnson for "taking a lot of crap" before he acted is completely stupid. It's not his fault that Innegan is a punk loser and Andre is a superstar in this league and is our franchise player...guess what. He's above thuggery and punk play and he did the RIGHT THING. He brought it to the refs attention and then when they didn't act he finally took things into his own hands.

"Taking someone out" doesn't have crap to do with "toughness" or whether or not your team is full of "wusses". Toughness is beating people up with clean play, like the Ravens and what the Steelers do...and now what we do. We play at the line and sometimes lean over it, but the good teams who have "real toughness" and not manufactured toughness can beat people up while maintaining some composure and respect for the other team.

We have the #1 defense in the league and a bruising backfield that punishes people. That's pretty damn TOUGH if you ask me and people need to get off the "Texans are soft" B.S... This isn't the Texans of years past. While we may not start the fight, we sure as hell will finish it. If you want a team filled with Aholes, cheap shot artists, and thugs then go root for the Titans. However I like the fact that my team is ABOVE that and just because they are ABOVE that, it doesn't mean I'm rooting for a team full of "wusses".

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #42
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

LMAO "The Texans are a bunch of wusses, because Schaub got hurt and the Texans didn't take out Haynesworth". How in the heck did you make that connection?

Give me a break...there's reaching and then there's THAT.

The Texans aren't "wusses". Have you even read what other teams have to say about us after then play us or when they're game planning for us. Now they use words like tough, physical, and yes...even "dirty". Any fan who actually thinks this team hasn't "stood up for themselves" simply is a fan who hasn't watched much of Texans football.

I guess the Texans weren't standing up to the Titans when we had a bench clearing scuffle either huh? Or when Eric Winston got in KVB's face and threatened to kick his ass. Or when our maniac LBer is getting in people's faces and even head butting them with his helmet off....nope he wasn't backing down. Or when Duane Brown is punching players on the sideline.

Also to criticize Andre Johnson for "taking a lot of crap" before he acted is completely stupid. It's not his fault that Innegan is a punk loser and Andre is a superstar in this league and is our franchise player...guess what. He's above thuggery and punk play and he did the RIGHT THING. He brought it to the refs attention and then when they didn't act he finally took things into his own hands.

"Taking someone out" doesn't have crap to do with "toughness" or whether or not your team is full of "wusses". Toughness is beating people up with clean play, like the Ravens and what the Steelers do...and now what we do. We play at the line and sometimes lean over it, but the good teams who have "real toughness" and not manufactured toughness can beat people up while maintaining some composure and respect for the other team.

We have the #1 defense in the league and a bruising backfield that punishes people. That's pretty damn TOUGH if you ask me and people need to get off the "Texans are soft" B.S... This isn't the Texans of years past. While we may not start the fight, we sure as hell will finish it. If you want a team filled with Aholes, cheap shot artists, and thugs then go root for the Titans. However I like the fact that my team is ABOVE that and just because they are ABOVE that, it doesn't mean I'm rooting for a team full of "wusses".
Yup, pretty much sums it up nicely.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Remind me again what Haynesworth's impact on that game outside of this accidental injury to Schaub?

Dude is a horrible football player and is getting press because his fat ass happened to land on a QB who was running a sneak.

He's a lazy piece of crap and a prime example of why contracts should be incentive based instead of bonused. He has done nothing to earn the millions he has in the bank for a long, long time.

And the Texans are "soft"? Gimme a freakin' break. That's a weak mentality. Remind me again of how effective Haynesworth was in that game? Our o-line man handled the fat bastard, and he got "lucky" by tripping on a QB who was already going down.

Yeah, the Texans are "soft" with a no. 1 defense and one of the most powerful running games in the league. I guess pre-disposed assumptions are hard to shake for some folks. Lame. I have to wonder about these "fans" sometimes...
GP, you sly son of a gun. Thanks for the rep...

What a difference 10 games and a new defensive coordinator can make, 'eh?

I never thought the team was physically soft. There problem was lack of a mental fortitude to impose their will on other teams, especially when it mattered the most to win games.

This season is a new dawn for this franchise. Even the most cynical of fans *cough*ME!*cough* must concede that we cannot hold the past against them.

Old 11-25-2011   #44
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

So, Haynesworth is Matt Schaub kyrptonite? I think he personally hates the guy.

Hope Suh doesn't turn into this psychopath
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
GP, you sly son of a gun. Thanks for the rep...

What a difference 10 games and a new defensive coordinator can make, 'eh?

I never thought the team was physically soft. There problem was lack of a mental fortitude to impose their will on other teams, especially when it mattered the most to win games.

This season is a new dawn for this franchise. Even the most cynical of fans *cough*ME!*cough* must concede that we cannot hold the past against them.

I tried to keep it private (via the rep message!) but you're martyring yourself out here. Loser. I think you're fishing for sympathy rep or something. LOL.

Anyways, I think many of us have had the "Show me" mindset leading into this season. The new d-coord, the 34 defense, a couple of FA acquistions, a fairly good draft heavy on defense, and a one-two punch with our 2 RBs...yeah, it sure changes things form "soft" to "firm" pretty fast, eh?
Old 11-25-2011   #46
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh = Albert Jr. In the making
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Mods: Please move if this is already out there. I just found it and I made my blood boil.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...d-schaub-well/

For some reason my computer won't let me cut-n-paste text from the article, but it's probably for the best as I want to puke when I see the words in print. I understand that injuries are part of the game and I hate to come off as bush-league, but I'm hoping Karma bites this fat son-of-abitch in the ass.

The play that resulted in the injury didn't seem dirty at all, but to trash talk like this.... I just wish we got a chance to play them again.
Karma... She's a *****!!!

Look at Fat Albert's career since leaving the Tinnbreds!!! Yes, he got Schaub one more time, but.... His career fell off the map as well...
Old 11-25-2011   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A picture is worth a thousand words.

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #49
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else remember his knee injury at Reliant in 2008? He was at the bottom of a pile too. I'm sure that was a total accident considering his history of cheap shots back then.

Back then, I would have agreed were soft. Not now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #50
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really broken up over this.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #51
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be out of the league next year. The guy is such a cancer for any team. So much talent/fat is wasted on an IQ equivalent to a elementary dropout. In five years we will be watching a documentary on how he had it all and is now living on his boat.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #52
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I was really broken up over this.
That just...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I don't wish injury to anyone and does not mean I am soft either. I am all for defending yourself if you have to. The facts are simple the team should worry about winning games and not have to pay any fines and or get suspended. Why stoop down to the same level by hoping and praying for an injury? That is just pointless and worthless the bottom is and should be about winning games.

Last edited by gary; 11-26-2011 at 12:37 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #54
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Suh = Albert Jr. In the making
Suh is actually motivated. Albert is just a lazy cheap-shotting bastard.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011   #55
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Suh is actually motivated. Albert is just a lazy cheap-shotting bastard.
http://multimedia.foxsports.com/devi...d.htm?m_n=true

Former Husker team mate beleives Suh is headed down the wrong path. As do I.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read