Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2011   #61
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Leinart would have signed with Seattle had the Seahawks not signed Tavaris Jackson. He felt betrayed by Pete Carill. And we don't know if Leinart had any other offers besides Houston and Seattle.
Yah, i think had Leinart been offered a starting job he would have bolted... But you have to think he liked his chances competing against Jackson... Hell, i thought Leinart was gone, he maybe could have won that job...if nothing else he had to feel his old coach would be tempted to bench Jackson when things got bad and go with him, a QB he's very familiar with etc..

Interesting...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Burge:Is Matt Schaub underappreciated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

The reality is that Schaub is not among the elite 5 or 6 QBs in the NFL. After that, he's in the next group. Who is better/ not better is dependent on the system, coaching, etc... Just because this team may continue to win without Schaub doesn't diminish his value. I remember in 1991, Aikman went down with an injury at this point in the season and Steve Beuerlein won the final 5 games of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs. I'm hopeful for something similar. Still, it won't change my view of Matt Schaub as one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL.
And this is what I've tried to explain to many of the Schaub bashers that have wanted him gone here and there. He's a top 10 guy and he's a good passer. He has established the ability to put up a lot of points over the last few seasons and points wins games when you have a defense that is at least middle of the pack. RIght now we currently have one of the best defenses in the league, so Schaub is a very good QB to have. He is capable of making clutch plays and clutch drives, but just not all of the time and he'll never be in that elite bunch. He is a good QB to have though and one of the better ones around the league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #63
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I wonder what the real reason is that Leinart decided to stay in houston ? He could of went and competed in Seattle where Pete Carrol is the Coach and i know that Leinart would have a better shot playing in a College Coaches system.

Maybe kubiak has hinted to him that when Schaubs contract is over he will become the starter ?!?!?!? i doubt it but it just makes me wonder why he stayed to be a back-up instead of going out to compete to be a starter. Maybe he thinks Kubiak can transform him into Tom Brady

I think the real reason he stayed was more or less as stated (which I know can be hard to believe sometimes where the Texans are concerned). I think he stayed for better coaching and to get his career back on track for the long haul. Seattle was not as good a situation as Houston. They're rebuilding, we're rebuilt. More than anything though Kubiak's reputation with developing QB's (deserved or not) helped. Also without going into the "injury prone" argument too deeply Matt Schaub has missed games. Backups in Houston get on the field eventually. Rosenfels improved enough and then played enough to show it off to get interest from the Vikings. Grossman went to Washington to be the starter there.

I think Leinart knew that Kubiak would coach him up and that he had a chance of playing for a good team eventually to show that improvement off.
Old 11-22-2011   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Yah, i think had Leinart been offered a starting job he would have bolted... But you have to think he liked his chances competing against Jackson... Hell, i thought Leinart was gone, he maybe could have won that job...if nothing else he had to feel his old coach would be tempted to bench Jackson when things got bad and go with him, a QB he's very familiar with etc..

Interesting...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg
So then he's back in Arizona all over again. A young team relying on the QB to save the world.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read