Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2011   #41
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
NBC's Sunday Night Football has surpassed MNF as the "standard" for
NFL Primetime games, since MNF left ABC. MNF took a big hit by
not being on FREE TV anymore. In 2011 Sunday Night Football > Monday Night Football.
You haven't seen the Broncos on Sunday Night Football, right?

Sunday Night Football is where the teams with the biggest "cache" get
shine. The Texans ain't there yet, so don't be surprised they were
snubbed by NBC.
Touche...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #42
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday Night Game - When do we know?

I hope we do get a flex game....with Atlanta winning ....that would help...and us winning against Jacksonville...I think it would be for some good storylines especially with the Schaub injury and give our guys some more national exposure.
I was surprised we did not get a mnf game....considering how close the Baltimore game was last year and how the Jags got 2 mnf games still trying to figure that one out......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #43
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I was hoping they would have flexed our game but oh well. I do agree that SNF on NBC is the marquee game each week over MNF.
Which is the point I am making. The NFL matchups on Sunday Night
Football are scheduled to be superior to anything Monday Night Football
can throw up.
Old 11-21-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans ain't getting on Sunday Night Football, unless they make noise
in the playoffs. NBC simply does not respect this team, no matter how
good they FINALLY are looking in 2011.
Who gives a crap about respect. They need to keep all them night games up in the Northeast, or on the West coast, where people don't start their day until 9am.

Some of us got to work for a living & I'm not going to take a day off of work, or even a half day just to watch a regular season game.

Well, I will, but I rather not.
Old 11-21-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Touche...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg
Hey.... just because Dex has an abrasive personality, rubs most of us the wrong way, that's no reason for calling him a dousche. Even though he may act like one most of the time. Everyone is entitled to their...

I'm sorry, you said Touche.....

My bad.
Old 11-21-2011   #46
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans did not win out on the Flex game for Dec 4th...it went to NO/Lions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ek-13/related/
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #47
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post

Good.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #48
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 67203 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh well, I figured it would work out that way. It would have been cool and all, but I have TV shows I watch on that night, namely Boardwalk Empire. I always want to see the shows on their first airing, its just more satisfying for me.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #49
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting tidbit from the link:

Quote:
The Lions are the 31st NFL franchise to appear on NBC’s Sunday Night Football. The Texans are the only team that has never been in an NBC Sunday night game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #50
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah...I saw that too. I could have sworn we have played a Sunday Night game before.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #51
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah...I saw that too. I could have sworn we have played a Sunday Night game before.
I think the key line there is 'NBC'. NBC didn't start broadcasting the game until 2006. Houston's first game against Dallas was a Sunday night game in 2002.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #52
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Quote:
We have played some Sunday night games, but that was when they were on ESPN, and MNF was on NBC. NBC & ESPN switched with each other a few years ago, and since then we have played on Monday nights (ESPN) but never on Sunday night (NBC)
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #53
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
We have played some Sunday night games, but that was when they were on ESPN, and MNF was on NBC. NBC & ESPN switched with each other a few years ago, and since then we have played on Monday nights (ESPN) but never on Sunday night (NBC)
No, MNF was on ABC and switched to ESPN. NBC then got the Sunday night game from ESPN.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #54
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I recall a game against the Packers on ESPN's Sunday Night a few years back.

I would have preferred to have this as a Sunday Night Football game, because I'm coming back from a cruise that day so I don't know if I'll be home by 10am Pacific to catch the game. But we'll see.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #55
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
No, MNF was on ABC and switched to ESPN. NBC then got the Sunday night game from ESPN.
Ok, that's it then. I knew there was some kind of switch.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #56
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't the Kansas City Game in 2005 where Larry Johnson ran all over us a Sunday night game?
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #57
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Wasn't the Kansas City Game in 2005 where Larry Johnson ran all over us a Sunday night game?
Yep. So was that Seattle game where Shaun Alexander did the same thing.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #58
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yep. So was that Seattle game where Shaun Alexander did the same thing.
Stop dredging up the past. I just hope they move the Jan 1st game to 3:00 PM so I can sleep late after New Years Eve party.
Old 11-22-2011   #59
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on national television and all, but honestly I really don't care. All I care about is winning games, and once you do that, then you will be in the spotlight.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on national television and all, but honestly I really don't care. All I care about is winning games, and once you do that, then you will be in the spotlight.
THe only spotlight I care about is the first Sunday in Feb, 2012, when we play in Indy!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read