Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
TexansR#1
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexansR#1 Send a message via Yahoo to TexansR#1
Default Capers/Mcnair Quote

This is the quotes they said on ABC 13 tonight when i watched it .. i dont have exact site but this is best from my memory. Capers are you going to make any more coaching changes for the rest of the season? " No, we will not be making any more coaching changes this year." Capers you do realize you have to play with the same players for the rest of the season theres no changing now? " We have talent on this team there just not performing at there best right now" Same q?'s were asked to Mcnair and this is what he said " Im worried about my team right now". " Dom will make any coaching changes for the rest of the year, I will not" . These quotes are pretty close just give or take a faw words. Sounds like there just trying to cover their *** for the poor coaching we have on this team!
TexansR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
stephen1
Veteran

its time for dom to man up and resign. lets give up this seasons for some long term success.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

How exactly did McNair make all of his money? I mean after the 4 game losing streak, you'd think that McNair would realize that the coaching staff is pretty horrible.
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if we wait till the end of the year.. we will have the pick of all the coaches whos contracts are expiring..or that are being fired.

Also sounds like once the season is over, McNair will be in charge of coaching changes
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

no but there are plenty of reasons for not firing your head coach mid season.. one of the biggest being that it isnt very professional.
Old 10-09-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt, I heard Capers' quote on FoxSports: "We are going to look at game tape tomorrow, and see if we need to make any adjustments."

ummmm....IF, Coach?

I see a look on Capers' face that looks like he's lost touch with his team. I saw the same look on Jack Pardee's face with the Oilers. And I saw the same look on Larry Dierkers face with the Astros, too.

I don't like that look. It's not a good look.

Join the Fire Capers Club

And remember, there is no Fire Capers Club
Old 10-09-2005   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

what isnt very profesional is continueing to pawn this team off as pro and sale it to the fans.

mcnair should be secretly hirring a couple of outside nfl consultants soon to help him determine how deeply he needs to rebuild.

i can say that even as a fan of casserly. when we get to 0-6 carr should be put aside and the rest of the year should be used to evaluate the players on the entire roster...when they get done with 53 then bring in the practice squad. just dont make any desperation trades......please.
Old 10-09-2005   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no fire Capers club. There is no Capers. McNair can't fire Capers because there is no Capers and there is no McNair. Most of all, THERE IS NO FREAKING TEAM.

This has all been a figment of your imagination. Sleep well. Nighty night.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

I dont beleive it. Otherwise there are alot of teams out there which are completely unprofessional.. because VERY rarely do you see a coach released before the end of the season.

Why make the change now? Putting an unexperienced coach in there isnt going to do us any better.. and if for some reason the new coach did do fairly well and got us to finish 7-9 or something.. then we lose the high draft pick that we could really use to get back on track.

bottom line.. the only excuse for firing capers now is to appease the bloodthirsty fans. Personally.. id rather let him finish the year.. do it the RIGHT way.. and not confuse the players be bringing in a temporary head coach now.
Old 10-09-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
bottom line.. the only excuse for firing capers now is to appease the bloodthirsty fans. Personally.. id rather let him finish the year.. do it the RIGHT way.. and not confuse the players be bringing in a temporary head coach now.
Good point.

Unless we can get Jimi Johnson to take over mid-season.
Old 10-10-2005   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One
It isn't very professional to let your entire business underachieve. In business, when the leader doesn't produce results, he is removed from his leadership position. I believe that McNair NOT making a change is unprofessional. I don't think McNair will stand for the poor performance.
You don't remove a leader based on one months bad numbers.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

one month? he has had more than that.. I remember McNair last year saying we have to protect our QB (or to that extent) ...nothing was done except add Riley and we are worse off now..To me this offense is worse (and defense) than it was in 2002...
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

This really perturbed me to no end!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Monday's Chronicle Caper made this statement---"We're going to take a good look (today) to see IF we can make adjustments."

Is this guy gone completely off his rocker?????????????

If you don't make SOME kind of adjustments, you won't win another damn game all year.

You are 0-4 for the season, getting your butt kicked every game! You can't make not one third down play during the entire Titan game! Your QB is on track to set yet another sack record with 108 sacks! Your defense has not one turnover! Your defense can't cover even mediocre wide recievers!

And your Coach is saying he will see IF they can make adjustments!!!! What a joke for a coaching staff!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Last edited by touttail; 10-10-2005 at 06:07 AM.
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Im worried about my team right now
that's all I needed to hear from the big boss.... for now.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Coaching changes are up to Dom... hmmmm

The way that I read McNair's response was that any coaching changes were up to Dom. He will make the decision as to whether any coaching changes need to be made. Meaning, Dom and Co. need to get this thing together and find a way to get this team's confidence back and start winning, or it won't be a Happy New Year come the end of that game.

Last edited by HoustonFan; 10-10-2005 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to add this heading
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Paging Mr. Casserly, Mr. Charley Casserly. Are you there, sir?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #17
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Paging Mr. Casserly, Mr. Charley Casserly. Are you there, sir?
He's probably with Dom watching game film seeing IF they need to make some changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

"I'm worried about my team right now".
- Well, that's good to hear. I was half-expecting a statement about progress in some area.

"Dom will make any coaching changes for the rest of the year, I will not".
- Dom WILL make coaching changes or has the option to?

Either way, it sounds like Bob doesn't really care about fixing anything right now so we will have to continue the slide for a while. Maybe he will see the light when his revenue numbers starts to take a hit.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #19
ocd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
This really perturbed me to no end!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Monday's Chronicle Caper made this statement---"We're going to take a good look (today) to see IF we can make adjustments."

Is this guy gone completely off his rocker?????????????

If you don't make SOME kind of adjustments, you won't win another damn game all year.

You are 0-4 for the season, getting your butt kicked every game! You can't make not one third down play during the entire Titan game! Your QB is on track to set yet another sack record with 108 sacks! Your defense has not one turnover! Your defense can't cover even mediocre wide recievers!

And your Coach is saying he will see IF they can make adjustments!!!! What a joke for a coaching staff!

Could not be said any better than this. Everybody that made fun of me in the off-season for saying we were stupid for not addressing the O-line, well, here we are. Capers was gone in the 4th year at Carolina and Houston...cool.
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
"I'm worried about my team right now".
- Well, that's good to hear. I was half-expecting a statement about progress in some area.

"Dom will make any coaching changes for the rest of the year, I will not".
- Dom WILL make coaching changes or has the option to?

Either way, it sounds like Bob doesn't really care about fixing anything right now so we will have to continue the slide for a while. Maybe he will see the light when his revenue numbers starts to take a hit.
I respect your forward thinking ideas, but I do not think McNair will be hit that bad even if we stop drinking and eating at the concession stands. I would find it hard to believe that most of his cash is not from annuity streams. Transactional concessions may be bottom line gravy if that at all.

I think general disdain, such as this message board and other outlets, in this circumstance is the best tool.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read