Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which is it?
Cheer loud and hard all game long! I love this team and we should be proud to have them! 21 33.33%
Cheer and be supportive if they give me ANY reason at all to be optimistic. 20 31.75%
Cheer for the Cowboys. At least they play in Texas... 2 3.17%
Cheer for the Saints. They take on Atlanta this week in SA. 1 1.59%
Find something better to do than waste 3 hours. 19 30.16%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2005   #21
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One
I don't want anyone to think I am not a loyal fan. But loyal fans have to make a stand sometimes and demand change. We are not lab rats going to the cheese through the maze everytime.

Fan is short for FANATIC!
Don't get it twisted. I've wanted changes before the Texans took their first snap.
Old 10-10-2005   #22
touttail
All Pro

Puke!
Cheer for the Cowboys, at least they play in Texas-----------
NEVER!!!!!!!!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #23
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Tape the game while I'm watching it just so when I need a good dose of reality to bring me back to Earth all I have to pull this game out and watch it again. But I'm sure I'll be here again after the game to see what others think, read some quite funny replies to topics, have a laugh and realise that we will eventually have something more to cheer for when we do get around to turning that elusive corner to success...
Old 10-10-2005   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
I'll cheer them on until i'm Steel Blue in the face and my Battle Red blood boils. AS pissed as I am by their performance thus far, i'm still a fan and I support my team in good times and in bad.

Those smilies come in handy every once in awhile.

Old 10-10-2005   #25
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be taking in my first away game at Seattle this weekend (then again even home games are away games for me). I will wear my Texans jersey and hat with great pride. I will cheer on my team with passion and taunt the other team and their fans until a Seattle fan, twice my size, gives me the stink eye.

I will most likely cringe when Dom Capers and his staff are announced and regurgitate in my mouth. But I will shake it off, bcause I know how to execute - turn the right shoulder, to shield myself from the wife, while extending my right hand to swoop in on the cold soldier in the cup holder; as my hand comes in contact with the beer I begin to stand up and take a swig to wash down the Caper reflux.

Somehow we will find a way to win this game. The homer in me needs a win more than ever.
Old 10-10-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
This Sunday, the game is on ESPN. I will be happy because it will be the 2nd Texan's game I have seen this year. I live in Fresno...so you see my predicament. I am going to get a group of my friends together, and play a drinking game. Every time Carr gets hit, whether it is a sack or after he gets rid of the ball, we're all going to take shots of three wise men (Jack, Jim, and Johnny). Something tells me that by the end of the night, i'll be right here
Be careful, you may get alcohol poisoning.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #27
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be out of the country this weekend and won't get back to the family Tivo until Monday night. No danger of any NFL news while I'm gone to ruin the viewing, BUT I'll have to try to avoid all sports radio, sports pages, etc., during the trip home so that I can still watch the game with optimism (however misplaced!).

I'll watch every Texans game--no matter how bad, and even if I'm a little late.

By the way, the thought of ever rooting for that other team up in Dallas--you know, the one that had a worse record than Houston last year?--makes me sick to my stomach. (No offense intended to either of their loyal fans, or to any of their million bandwagoners.)
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #28
touttail
All Pro

Sportsradio610 sadi the Texan game WILL NOT be shown on TV, because of Sunday's Astros/Cardinals game.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #29
bawlmer-hon
Rookie

Default Sunday I'll be watching football...

I'll be watching football Sunday because I am an addict and that's what addicts do. I know I ruining my life, but can't help it. It is especially pitiful for me given I'm a lifelong Packer fan and only more recently a Texan fan. Both of 'my' teams were winless going into Sunday, but at least the Packers pulled one out.
Old 10-10-2005   #30
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

For the first 4 games I did whatever I had to do to get off work. Now, If I'm off, I'll watch them for sure. If I work, then so be it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read