Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-16-2011   #441
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/15/mike-m.../#.TsMFcT2VpkY

Mike MCQueary Email
I DID Stop The Rape

Mike McQueary wrote an email in the last week, griping that he's "getting hammered" unfairly because he claims he stopped Jerry Sandusky from continuing to anally rape a 10-year-old before leaving the locker room in 2002.

The email -- obtained by the Associated Press, reads as follows:

"You are the first person I have told this ... and I don't know you extremely well ... and I have been told bye (sic) officials to not say anything ...."

"I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with the official at the university in charge of police ... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me."

"Do with this what you want ... but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

"This is off record ... again ... I have not and will not say anything to anyone else."

It's unclear who received the email, but it sounds like it was sent to a reporter.
So he observed the rape stopping then left the kid alone with Sandusky? Talked to campus police? In other words, rent-a-cops. McQueary only has himself to blame for his shitty "decisions."

Burn him.
Old 11-16-2011   #442
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
So he observed the rape stopping then left the kid alone with Sandusky? Talked to campus police? In other words, rent-a-cops. McQueary only has himself to blame for his shitty "decisions."

Burn him.
In most large Schools the Campus Police are real Policemen, not security guards. I think you only find rent a cops in smaller schools. Hell, La Porte High School has real policemen on campus with a station.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #443
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Institutionalized debauchery is what this is about. Beyond Penn State, the entire community appears to be willing to actively turn a blind eye to one of the most disgusting acts imaginable in order to serve some delusional hero myth.

I am finding the entire lot of them to be pathetic.
But this is America and it should serve as no surprise. I hate to keep bringing up guys like Mike Tyson and Michael Jackson, but Americans have been doing this for the last 20 years if someone can sing a great tune, knock a ton of guys out, or be exciting on the football field. How many of Vick's teammates do you think knew that he had a dog fighting ranch before he was ever caught?? I'd be willing to bet that quite a few of them probably visited the place a time or two. Hell, we've got half of Hollywood begging and spewing out the initiative to bring back Roman Pulunsky after he bailed from his crimes. They want him back. Hell, with Michael Jackson they just made a scapegoat out of that Doctor and made a murderer out of him knowing damn well Jackson has been on a suicide lifestyle for the last 10 years, but since it was for sweet little Michael someone had to be the scapegoat and get tarnished for it.

This Penn State thing really shouldn't be much of a surprise that folks turned a blind eye. They've been doing it for years and that's just the state of how Americans in this country operate. They believe in popularity and vanity can go along way to where people will ignore atrocities. Hero worship is way overblown.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #444
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
— Paterno, according to The New York Times, "transferred full ownership of his house to his wife, Sue, for $1 in July." At that time, the grand jury's investigation had been underway for more than a year. Paterno's lawyer told the Times that the transfer was part of the Paternos' estate planning and unrelated to the scandal that would explode four months later. One lawyer who examined the transaction for the Times said, however, that it could have been intended to protect Paterno financially in the event of a civil suit.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...versity-police

Old 11-16-2011   #445
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
In most large Schools the Campus Police are real Policemen, not security guards. I think you only find rent a cops in smaller schools. Hell, La Porte High School has real policemen on campus with a station.
True to an extent. They are very real policemen but with limited powers. They MUST turn it over to the city PD because campuses do not have prosecutors or judges, i.e. a legal system.
Old 11-16-2011   #446
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
True to an extent. They are very real policemen but with limited powers. They MUST turn it over to the city PD because campuses do not have prosecutors or judges, i.e. a legal system.
try telling that to the Police at La Porte High School. The Campus Police at major Universities are real Policemen. You go to jail when they arrest you. They answer to the Public and use the legal system just like normal Police officers.

I linked a story a few posts back about how Penn State is exempt from the Public Records law so if the Campus Police Department falls under that blanket they may as well be Rent-a-Cops...so I get your point.

The more I see how the PA laws are written to report things like child abuse, and how Penn State isn't legally bound to open their records, it just amazes me to think that somebody let this happen. It's like something out of the Soviet Union...its just arrogantly dirty.

Old 11-16-2011   #447
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Paging Dr. Murray, paging Dr. Murray... you're needed at Mr. Sandusky's residence.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #448
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone but JoePa get this kind of support from crazy fans?

I doubt Mack Brown, Les Miles, or Saban would have this kind of support from their fanbase and university.

The whole cult of personality around this thing gets more sickening by the moment.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #449
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
try telling that to the Police at La Porte High School. The Campus Police at major Universities are real Policemen. You go to jail when they arrest you. They answer to the Public and use the legal system just like normal Police officers.

I linked a story a few posts back about how Penn State is exempt from the Public Records law so if the Campus Police Department falls under that blanket they may as well be Rent-a-Cops...so I get your point.

The more I see how the PA laws are written to report things like child abuse, and how Penn State isn't legally bound to open their records, it just amazes me to think that somebody let this happen. It's like something out of the Soviet Union...its just arrogantly dirty.
The court of La Ports high school sentences you to 30 to life without the possibility of parole.

Absurd, isn't it? Sure they can arrest you just the same. They ARE an authority figure. Its why I said to an extent. I certainly will not argue with campus police or LaPorteISD cops. That's not what I am referring to. Fyi, Rent-a-cops can shoot and arrest you just the same. When a murder or a rape occurs on campus, the real PD are called. Also another significant difference in campus police because they not only answer to the public but most of all... they answer to the University. I'm betting that's why Sandusy was not arrested that day or any of the others. They're rent-a-cops.

I think I understand why their laws are so screwed up... they have a very "Amish" attitude out there in terms of keeping it in-house.
Old 11-16-2011   #450
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
The court of La Ports high school sentences you to 30 to life without the possibility of parole.

Absurd, isn't it? Sure they can arrest you just the same. They ARE an authority figure. Its why I said to an extent. I certainly will not argue with campus police or LaPorteISD cops. That's not what I am referring to. Fyi, Rent-a-cops can shoot and arrest you just the same. When a murder or a rape occurs on campus, the real PD are called. Also another significant difference in campus police because they not only answer to the public but most of all... they answer to the University. I'm betting that's why Sandusy was not arrested that day or any of the others. They're rent-a-cops.

I think I understand why their laws are so screwed up... they have a very "Amish" attitude out there in terms of keeping it in-house.
No, those Policemen are real Policemen. They take you to jail. A real jail. They aren't security guards. They are Policemen. The City of LaPorte has a substation there. It's the friggin' Police.

Old 11-16-2011   #451
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
No, those Policemen are real Policemen. They take you to jail. A real jail. They aren't security guards. They are Policemen. The City of LaPorte has a substation there. It's the friggin' Police.
Well... I think we're getting our wires crossed somewhere. Let me try to clarify a little. The city of LaPorte PD or UH-PD (employed by the DPS) and campus police such as HISD or CISD are worlds apart. When I say campus police, I'm referring to police employed by the University or school districts.
Old 11-16-2011   #452
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, this whole college should be burnt to the ground if all these reports are true...

Quote:
A new victim is claiming another member of the Penn State faculty sexually abused him years ago, and he said when he brought his abuse complaints to university officials, he was turned away.

Paul McLaughlin, who is now in his mid-40s, told ABC News that now-retired Penn State professor John "Jack" Neisworth, who is a nationally acclaimed voice on child development, sexually abused him in the late 1970s to early '80s when he was between the ages of 11 and 15.

McLaughlin said, after repressing the memories of his alleged abuse, that he decided to confront Neisworth over the phone in 2001 as part of his therapy. He tape-recorded the conversation, in which he claims that the professor admitted to performing oral sex on him.

"I was in the process of trying to get him to open up about some of the sexual acts and what not, and he actually interrupted me and says, 'Do you remember driving up on the hill?'" McLaughin said. "I said, 'Wasn't that the first time you went down on me?' He said, 'I don't know if it was the first time but it was certainly fierce,' was his words."

Over the course of a few months from the end of 2001 into early 2002, McLaughlin said he sent his taped conversation with Neisworth to university officials, but each time he was "rejected."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/victim-penn...5#.TsQkYHKoTf1
Old 11-16-2011   #453
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The rabbit hole goes even deeper... Is the governor of Pennsylvania also in on this cover up?

Quote:
After taking office in January of this year, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett approved a $3 million grant for The Second Mile, a children’s charity founded by Jerry Sandusky in 1977 and was, based on the grand jury’s presentment, utilized by Sandusky as a recruiting tool for multiple victims.

Corbett was the state’s attorney general when his office began the investigation into allegations that Sandusky had sexually abused young boys, so he was well aware of both Second Mile and Sandusky’s role in that organization. It should be noted that, after becoming aware of the investigation the year it started, Sandusky was barred by the charity from having contact with children and, in 2010, retired from the charity.

Corbett has been highly critical of several individuals involved in the scandal at Penn State, including Mike McQueary, for their handling of the allegations, as well as speaking in general terms that “we must keep in mind that when it comes to the safety of children, there can be no margin of error, no hesitation to act.” However, he has come under increasing scrutiny himself for the pace of his former office’s investigation into Sandusky.

Now, he will likely come under additional scrutiny for the grant, which was originally approved by Corbett’s predecessor but was not completed by the time Ed Rendell left office. Following a review by Corbett’s office, the $3 million grant was approved in July.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...o-second-mile/
Old 11-16-2011   #454
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

.....Aaaand down goes the statue (though still unconfirmed at this point, I believe)

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/report-j...r-stadium.html
Old 11-16-2011   #455
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Franco Harris has been an outspoken supporter of Joe Paterno in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse allegations.
So much so that Harris, a Pro Football Hall of Fame running back who played for Paterno at Penn State, was fired by The Meadows Racetrack and Casino as a spokesman, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The racetrack is located in Washington, Pa., just outside Pittsburgh.
Harris publicly expressed his displeasure over Paterno's firing last week.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...c1_lnk3|113449
Old 11-17-2011   #456
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Franco Harris has been an outspoken supporter of Joe Paterno in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse allegations.
So much so that Harris, a Pro Football Hall of Fame running back who played for Paterno at Penn State, was fired by The Meadows Racetrack and Casino as a spokesman, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The racetrack is located in Washington, Pa., just outside Pittsburgh.
Harris publicly expressed his displeasure over Paterno's firing last week.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...c1_lnk3|113449
I guess Franco isn't as important as he thought .
Old 11-17-2011   #457
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I guess Franco isn't as important as he thought .
Franco Harris sits on the board of the Second Mile as a honorary member so its understandably hard for me to take him seriously right now.
Old 11-17-2011   #458
Vinny
shiny happy fan

what just amazes me is that he was first caught more than ten years ago, so he's been free. The Grand Jury Findings were nearly a year ago so the Institution has read this and Sandusky was free roaming around on their campus. It wasn't until they finally brought charges did Penn State fire the people who covered this up, nearly a year after they knew about the Grand Jury findings. Of course the Judge in the case is an ex-donor to Sandusky's pedo club so Sandusky didn't post a dime in bail money and he is free today, just like he was ten years ago. That's some hard core Soviet-style Comrade justice working there.

Old 11-17-2011   #459
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Money money money...

Quote:
But prosecutors were able to compel their testimony with grand jury subpoenas, and one boy led to another.

Meanwhile, investigators served numerous subpoenas on the Second Mile, according to people with knowledge of the inquiry. Not only did they want the names of children who had been through the program, they also demanded all of Sandusky’s travel and expense records.

Much of the older paperwork was stored at an off-site records facility. The travel and expense records, for instance, had been sent over several years earlier. But select members of the charity’s board of directors were alarmed to learn recently that when the records facility went to retrieve them, some of those records — from about 2000 to 2003 — were missing.

The attorney general’s office was notified of the missing files, people with knowledge of the case said. Subsequently, the foundation located apparently misfiled records from one of the years, but the rest seem to have disappeared.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sp...4&pagewanted=3
Old 11-17-2011   #460
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read