Join Date: Aug 2009
Rep Power: 43723
The Houston sports curse......
....Where did it originate? And why? How do we get rid of it? Man I wish I had the answers to these questions!
Mods I apologize, was not sure exactly where to post this...assuming it is cool in this section as it has to do with the Texans currently.
First off, I am not saying the season is over. I have enough Kool Aid in me nowadays and I think that the team is built so well right now that as long as frat boy doesn't just implode we should be ok for the rest of the regular season.
But seriously, W-T-F did we as a city and group of sports fans do to deserve this eternal **** storm out of nowhere. Think we're not cursed as a city?
(in no particular order)
- Epic FAIL by the refs on a clear Renfro TD in PITT
- Stros vs Mets debacle
- 05 Stros being swept!!!!
- Miracle Pujols shot to shatter Lidge and go down in MLB lore
- Joe Montana
- UH Coogs last milisecond loss to NC State
- Hail Mary last year in JAX
- 05 Rockets vs Mavs series going up 2-0 in Dallas only to lose series in the end
- The entire original #8 (HWNSNBM) era
- Schaub now out for season in what was looking to be a legit possibility of a deep playoff run with homefield
On the bright side the sports Gods were apparently on vacation in 94 and 95 so the Rockets could win and personally I love the Dynamo and take pride in them possibly winning their 3rd Championship since being here. But seriously, I know that I am forgetting so moments in my list above as I am at work and I feel like that list should be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer.
(no, I am not solely blaming Houston woes on some imaginary curse, some of this is tongue in cheek, but the list speaks for itself as far as a sports cursed city)
Anything that should have been on the list I didn't have time to post or missed?
Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|