Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2011   #1
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub - Injury Prone

I believe Schaub is a great fit here, even more so with our new found defense, dual threat backfield, and a FB that can catch. I think he is very good to great when healthy.

The reality though, he is injury prone and brittle. He has been battlefighting a hip and shoulder injury all year which is why his throws have been off. Dude is not built to last, and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.

No matter what you believe about his ability, he is on the wrong side of 30 and has missed 5 or more games in 3 out of his 5 years as a starter. Individually they seem like freak injuries, but it is now the rule rather than the exception.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone

can't believe there is a thread on this.
That injury prone bulls**t was used a few years ago and that was because he coped some cheap shots in the back field. yeah he battles injuries through the year but u find me a player in the NFL who doesn't.
Schaub is not injury prone. his taken a lot of big hits and he gets up and gets on with it!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The one who's injury prone is Williams.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #4
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I believe Schaub is a great fit here, even more so with our new found defense, dual threat backfield, and a FB that can catch. I think he is very good to great when healthy.

The reality though, he is injury prone and brittle. He has been battlefighting a hip and shoulder injury all year which is why his throws have been off. Dude is not built to last, and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.

No matter what you believe about his ability, he is on the wrong side of 30 and has missed 5 or more games in 3 out of his 5 years as a starter. Individually they seem like freak injuries, but it is now the rule rather than the exception.
How bout you let fat-ass haynesworthless roll on the back of your ankle and see how tough you are? This thread is stupid, he hasn't missed a game in three years. Moving on.

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
...and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.
I really don't think it's possible for Schaub to be slower or less athletic. I'm still not sure why they can't stick a couple of pins in his foot and send him back out there for the playoffs.
Old 11-15-2011   #6
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread Shld be deleted! It is just ignorant to say that! They all get hurt! He has played thru it all! I can promise u that the one that is the most upset abt this is Matt! This is his team and his year! Layoff! Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan4ever View Post
this thread shld be deleted! It is just ignorant to say that! They all get hurt! He has played thru it all! I can promise u that the one that is the most upset abt this is matt! This is his team and his year! Layoff! Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!

^^^^^^^^^^ this!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!
This topic will continue to be discussed. Locking threads won't stop that. Schaub has missed "significant" time in 3 of his 5 seasons in Houston. Injury prone? No, there are good reasons why Schaub has gone down. Brittle? Well, he ain't Brett Favre. But, you're right in that Matt has played through some injuries. Call me crazy, but I haven't given up hope that Schaub returns for the playoffs.
Old 11-15-2011   #9
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

What a craptastic thread.

Where is your Andre Johnson - Injury Prone thread?
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #10
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those threads where I hope to god the players don't waste their time on these boards.

I guess it serves the purpose of letting posters expose themselves.
Old 11-15-2011   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
This is one of those threads where I hope to god the players don't waste their time on these boards.

I guess it serves the purpose of letting posters expose themselves.
No, I only do that on the dating sites.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are no strangers to this injury. Earlier this season Dom Barber was lost for the season with a lisfranc fracture. Mike Brisiel missed most of the 2009 season with a similar injury as did Texans safety Glenn Earl in 2007.
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...alerts_article
(((((((((((((((((((((
In this article in the Houston Texan Examiner by Alan Burge, turns out Matts injury is nothing new for the Texans.
Good news here is that while I remember the problems Brisiel had and that he was out most of that year, I guess he's totally recoverd now and is playing better than ever these days.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #13
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

JamesBill's ego: Injury Prone.

Find out after thread is locked.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #14
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34563 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're actually being honest, you'd have to say that schaub is getting old, brittle, and his skills are fading (nothing like he was last year in terms of accuracy).

We might get another 2 years from him, but still need to keep drafting QB's to groom in his stead..

TJ
speedfreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #15
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not think Schaub is injury prone at all. I fully believe the problem is he has balls of steel. Schaub will stand in the pocket when anyone in their right mind would have ran by then and throw a pass as he takes a huge shot.

For example, if you watched the game last night, pay attention to Rodgers in the pocket. He has a great sense of when it is coming, and when he needs to move. It is not that Schaub does not know this, it is that he is not very mobile and knows his only hope is to stand in there and deliver. There have been people (I think it was profootball focus' rankings, but might have been elsewhere - it has been awhile) who have started to notice this too. I really believe Schaub takes some of the hardest hits you will see a QB take.
Old 11-15-2011   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread needs to die in a fire.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
If you're actually being honest, you'd have to say that schaub is getting old, brittle, and his skills are fading (nothing like he was last year in terms of accuracy).

We might get another 2 years from him, but still need to keep drafting QB's to groom in his stead..

TJ
If I was being honest, I would call you an *****. but the forum code won't let me.

Season Team G GS Comp Att Pct. Yds Avg TD Int Sck Sck Yrds Rate
2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2
2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7
2009 Texans 16 16 396 583 67.9 4,770 8.2 29 15 25 149 98.6
2010 Texans 16 16 365 574 63.6 4,370 7.6 24 12 32 226 92.0

He is 30 years old, not at all old for a qb. Check out his starts for yourself.
Old 11-15-2011   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

2 years ago, I would have been on board with this thread. I was as critical of his ability to stay healthy as anyone. The fact of the matter now is that he hasn't missed a game since the 2008 season.

Now, I think that the "Schaub is injury prone take" is a busted myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The one who's injury prone is Williams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
What a craptastic thread.

Where is your Andre Johnson - Injury Prone thread?
You can make a better case for the 2 quotes here than you can for Schaub.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #19
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

everybody is injury prone when haynesworth falls on you
Old 11-15-2011   #20
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead of attacking Schuab , use your energy to get behind Leinert! He needs all positive energy! Stars were made like this! This is still our year !
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read