Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will the final regular season record be?
7-9 1 1.10%
8-8 2 2.20%
9-7 2 2.20%
10-6 25 27.47%
11-5 36 39.56%
12-4 18 19.78%
13-3 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2011   #41
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We dont mention HHWNBM by name around here .....

Its He Who Will Not Be Mentioned.

This is why I refer to my vehicle as an automobile. I'm not even kidding.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #42
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 or 10-6 - All the Schaub haters will see exactly how far the drop off is. Party Matt hasn't faced a real NFL pass rush in awhile and it'll show. I voted 11-5 to be optimistic, but I've got a bad feeling we'll sneak another loss in there for good measure.

Anybody think we'll only lose one more down the stretch, hasn't been drinking, they've been snorting, mainlining, or smoking something. This may be the injury that breaks the camel's back.
Old 11-15-2011   #43
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Wow, talk about your pollyannas !
This is our starting QB we just lost who's held that position for 4-5 years and is rated as maybe not a gifted but never the less a very competant NFL QB, and the guy stepping in to replace him reportedly has not thrown a pass in anything but an exhibition game since 2009.
I think there's a very good chance the last game of the year in Relaint vs the Titans will be for the AFC South championship. In case you haven't noticed the Titans are playing much better lately and unlike us they now have an experienced NFL QB with a solid resume running their offense.
And leading into the game in Tennesse, people said the same thing. Result, 41-7. Dre coming back helps greatly. We'll still curb stomp their quitting ass.
Old 11-15-2011   #44
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't call anything until I see Leinart starting for us in a real game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #45
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 10-6 before the season started and that is still what I think it will be. I thought I was going to be wrong and we were going to do better than that as the season was unfolding until Schaub got hurt. Now, it looks like a good chance of a happening.
Old 11-15-2011   #46
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with 11-5... Losing to ATL at hone and Cincy on the road...

I don't know exactly what Leinart will give us, but i can't see it hurting us too bad against Jax, @$%olina and Indy... That'll put the guys at 10-5 going into Tennessee and i'll go with 'em at home...

I'm not going to freak out....yet.. I'm a Schaub guy, not because i think he's an elite QB or hell, even great, he's just a solid QB in this offense. With that said, 'my guy' has been a tad off this year (completion %age down etc...), but they've still managed to win... They also haven't been lighting up the stat-sheet with attempted passes, so who knows...

I don't think Leinart's a bad QB, he just didn't come into the league the right way... Hopefully over a year and a half on the bench behind Schaub, and taking more reps in practice this year matured and prepared him for this "opportunity"... But what worries me most here is timing... Schaub has had years in this offense and with these receivers, developing a good timing... Leinart hasn't had that.

We. Shall. See.

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #47
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
And leading into the game in Tennesse, people said the same thing. Result, 41-7. Dre coming back helps greatly. We'll still curb stomp their quitting ass.
I'm very aware of that glorious victory by the Texans as it's still fresh in our collective memory, but especially in "rivalries" the NFL is replete with examples of a team being blown out in one game and then later that same year turning around and winning the rematch. For example, remember the beating the Pats gave the Jets last year (victory along the lines of the margin of the Texans win) in regular season, and then the Jets beating Brady and the 14-2 Pats in the playoffs ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Lienart will go 4-2 over the next six to finish at 11-5.
Old 11-15-2011   #49
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not believe that Leinart is better than Painter..

10-6 is the best we can hope for..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Party Matt hasn't faced a real NFL pass rush in awhile and it'll show.
Cincinnati is the only team we'll face in the regular season with a top 10 pass rush. Jacksonville has the next lethal pass rush at 18. Everyone else is fighting for the worst pass rush in the league.
Quote:
I voted 11-5 to be optimistic, but I've got a bad feeling we'll sneak another loss in there for good measure.
We're going into week 11. We pretty much know who we are & we know who we'll be facing. For the first time in Kubiak's history here, we are not defined by our QB.
Quote:
This may be the injury that breaks the camel's back.
We've got Kubiak.... we've been kicking ass with a broke down Camel all year long.

Old 11-15-2011   #51
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post

I would like to point to New England waaay back when Bledsoe went down.... Their season was supposed to be over.

If MHT can come in and effectively manage the game from behind center, this team is built for him to succeed.

However, when it gets to playoff time, facing the best... I will be ecstatic to see Shaub under center.
That thought crossed my mind, but New England was 5-11 the previous year and Bledsoe went down early in the season after an 0-2 start. At the time they didn't realize they had a season to save.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
10-6

Lose to bengals, falcons,
only losing 2 from here on out would make us 11-5.
Old 11-15-2011   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
12-4, the only loss coming from either Atlanta or the Bungles.
Thorn I wonder if someone spiked your koolaid ..... but I hope you are right.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #54
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Wow, talk about your pollyannas !
This is our starting QB we just lost who's held that position for 4-5 years and is rated as maybe not a gifted but never the less a very competant NFL QB, and the guy stepping in to replace him reportedly has not thrown a pass in anything but an exhibition game since 2009.
I think there's a very good chance the last game of the year in Relaint vs the Titans will be for the AFC South championship. In case you haven't noticed the Titans are playing much better lately and unlike us they now have an experienced NFL QB with a solid resume running their offense.
The team is subtracting Matt Schaub but adding Andre Johnson. I like that math. Since the beatdown we put on them, they've beaten a winless Colts team and a 2 win Panther team. I don't think they win at Atlanta this week giving us a 2 game lead with 6 to play.

They'll have Tampa, at Buffalo, New Orleans, at Indy, Jacksonville, and finish at Houston. Before the final game I think they lose 2 of those games. Which would put them at 8-7. I don't see the Texans going 1-4 or 2-3 in the next 5 weeks.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #55
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll let Indiana Jones weigh in on it.

Old 11-15-2011   #56
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
That thought crossed my mind, but New England was 5-11 the previous year and Bledsoe went down early in the season after an 0-2 start. At the time they didn't realize they had a season to save.

For me, that exemplifies the hope for Matt2's potential success, in that he's not inheriting a dysfunctional offense like what Brady took over. And comparing the O here in Houston to what Matt2 had in ARZ, are apples and oranges.

Combine that with your own sig, and I feel there is a good reason to remain optimistic.
Old 11-15-2011   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is career 15-15.

I think his .500 continues and we go 3-3 to reach 10-6 and win our division.

I think we could lose to the Jags. They've got a solid defense, and this will be the first time in awhile that Leinart will face a first team D for 60 minutes. And being a road game, I'm just not sure that he's going to fill those shoes in his first game.

I hate to say it, but looking at the schedule, I think we might lose three and then win three. It would certainly be an exciting and nail-biting finish for the season.
Old 01-01-2012   #58
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought I'd bump this, so people could claim credit or eat crow. Of course, I think everyone was assuming we'd have Leinart, so there's not really much crow to be eaten if you got it wrong. Even though I got the record right, if you would have told me we'd be losing Leinart in the first game, I wouldn't have predicted even 10-6.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #59
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with 10-6. I think I went with 10-6 to begin the season.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #60
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Thought I'd bump this, so people could claim credit or eat crow. Of course, I think everyone was assuming we'd have Leinart, so there's not really much crow to be eaten if you got it wrong. Even though I got the record right, if you would have told me we'd be losing Leinart in the first game, I wouldn't have predicted even 10-6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I went with 10-6. I think I went with 10-6 to begin the season.
I went with 11-5 i this poll. I don't recall what I predicted before the season began but I think it was 11-5 or so.

This poll was started during the bye week, when we all thought we'd have Leinart and not Yates under center. Too bad you didn't bump it when Leinart got hurt. Those responses would have been interesting.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read