Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-15-2011   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans......

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=76948

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=76939

Even still... I cant wait to smash them once again. They are jumping for joy over there right now....this is one of those threads you bookmark for later.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #2
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

Even still... I cant wait to smash them once again. They are jumping for joy over there right now....this is one of those threads you bookmark for later.
I didn't look at the threads as a whole, not a GoTitans member, but quick question - why are you surprised that a rival team's fans are happy they may have gotten a new shot at winning the division?

This is hardly scheudenfreude...the harsh reality is that the Texans took a major hit, and the Titans now have a shot, albeit not a great shot, but a shot, and winning the division. Shit happens. Neither of us are winning the SB anyways. No one is beating GB this year unless Aaron Rodgers gets hurt like Schaub.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

You go digging around in an outhouse, you're going to get some poop on yer hands.
Old 11-15-2011   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I didn't look at the threads as a whole, not a GoTitans member, but quick question - why are you surprised that a rival team's fans are happy they may have gotten a new shot at winning the division?

This is hardly scheudenfreude...the harsh reality is that the Texans took a major hit, and the Titans now have a shot, albeit not a great shot, but a shot, and winning the division. Shit happens. Neither of us are winning the SB anyways. No one is beating GB this year unless Aaron Rodgers gets hurt like Schaub.
When Kenny Britt got hurt, all I said was, "that sucks for them and that's all I'm gonna say about that" . Bad form to revel in other teams injuries. My own personal opinion.
Old 11-15-2011   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
When Kenny Britt got hurt, all I said was, "that sucks for them and that's all I'm gonna say about that" . Bad form to revel in other teams injuries. My own personal opinion.
I spent about as much time thinking about Schaub's injury as my oldest son did. Meaning none. Every team gioes through it, although you guys have had it rougher than anyone. To be 7-3 is a heck of an accomplishment in my eyes.

I got enough on my plate worrying about a Jeckyl and Hyde Titan team that I have no clue can win on a week to week basis before I start thinking "hmmm if they lose 4 games and I go 7-1 etc."

Let me see if the Titans can win one game against an above .500 opponent like Atlanta next Sunday. Then I'll know if they have even a prayer of competing against the Texans for the division.

Old 11-15-2011   #6
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

Classless fuc*s; just like the overwhelming majority of all titans fans.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #7
unclejamima
Rookie

Rep Power: 172 unclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respected

All this means is that, once again, Titans fans will have thair slim hopes crushed under the heavy cleats of Wade Phillips' Defense. Even with Leinart, and even IF they win enough games to compete, they will face total destruction in week 17. So let them have their short lived pipe-dreams, it'll make the pain worse later.
unclejamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans......

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejamima View Post
All this means is that, once again, Titans fans will have thair slim hopes crushed under the heavy cleats of Wade Phillips' Defense. Even with Leinart, and even IF they win enough games to compete, they will face total destruction in week 17. So let them have their short lived pipe-dreams, it'll make the pain worse later.
True, beating them with Leinart would make it that much sweeter
Old 11-15-2011   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

Find me the post, a single post on THIS TEXANS BOARD, where anybody acted an ass when Kenny Britt went down. Did we think, "Wow. That's going to hurt their chances"? Yes.

Did we relish in it and post stuff? I don't remember seeing any of that here.

We've had our asses handed to us for almost 10 years now, toronto. We know how to eat shit and smile about it...which is why we don't resort to the sort of stuff going on with the other Titans fans over there.

That's the type of tactic a team's fans use, what they're doing over there, when they know the Texans might be the best in the AFC South and they aren't. And for some reason, Titans fans have been amazingly rude, right up there with Jags fans and the haughty Colts fans who are now nowhere to be seen, and it just stinks.

Sometimes, I think the Texans really do have perhaps the nicest message board fan base overall. We've been stomped on, all we have left was our character in how we treat fellow fans. Not saying everyone here is a saint, but overall this community's moderators would chew major ass and maybe even ban us if we didn't treat other teams' fans with due respect.

Not mad at you, but just letting you know that Titans fans (with the exception of a few) have come over here for years and just tried to start stuff and then pull a Finnegan when they get confronted on it. I'm tired of it, personally.
Old 11-16-2011   #10
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Find me the post, a single post on THIS TEXANS BOARD, where anybody acted an ass when Kenny Britt went down. Did we think, "Wow. That's going to hurt their chances"? Yes.

Did we relish in it and post stuff? I don't remember seeing any of that here.

We've had our asses handed to us for almost 10 years now, toronto. We know how to eat shit and smile about it...which is why we don't resort to the sort of stuff going on with the other Titans fans over there.

That's the type of tactic a team's fans use, what they're doing over there, when they know the Texans might be the best in the AFC South and they aren't. And for some reason, Titans fans have been amazingly rude, right up there with Jags fans and the haughty Colts fans who are now nowhere to be seen, and it just stinks.

Sometimes, I think the Texans really do have perhaps the nicest message board fan base overall. We've been stomped on, all we have left was our character in how we treat fellow fans. Not saying everyone here is a saint, but overall this community's moderators would chew major ass and maybe even ban us if we didn't treat other teams' fans with due respect.

Not mad at you, but just letting you know that Titans fans (with the exception of a few) have come over here for years and just tried to start stuff and then pull a Finnegan when they get confronted on it. I'm tired of it, personally.
Maybe its because I spend more time in the NSZ and my own board for football talk for the most part, but I don't see the trolls. I usually seem to see quality football chatter with friendly smack at best. Maybe the mods are quashing crummy smack before it lasts long?

I've been on this board for 4 or so years (thought it was longer) and have a lot of fun, and never have seen anyone rub salt in wounds after Texan losses. Maybe I need to surf the site harder, but meh - what's the point? I don't look for crap, I look for good conversations and football chat, and that's all.

Old 11-21-2011   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Karma really is a *****.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #12
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it helps I really don't like Titans fans either. That's probably why I don't frequent any Titans boards anymore.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read