Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will the final regular season record be?
7-9 1 1.10%
8-8 2 2.20%
9-7 2 2.20%
10-6 25 27.47%
11-5 36 39.56%
12-4 18 19.78%
13-3 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2011   #21
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I put 12-4 because of the rest of our players n I also believe that Leinart has it in him. I think 13-3 is also possible

Edit: What is HWSNBN?
He
Who
Should
Not
Be
Named
Old 11-14-2011   #22
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
He
Who
Should
Not
Be
Named
Which is? Carr?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Which is? ****?
We dont mention HHWNBM by name around here .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
He
Who
Should
Not
Be
Named
Its He Who Will Not Be Mentioned.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #24
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Never speak HWWDNSO's name.

Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #25
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Lmao! I guess it was...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #26
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 797 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with 12-4. The D is playing well, and Hot Tub Matt should have matured a bit since the last time he played. As long as he can hand off and throw it to Andre, this team should keep stacking up the wins.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #27
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5, 4-2 the rest of the way, losses to CIN and ATL. And if they win one of those games,
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

im kinda in a space out feeling right now all i can say is i think we can win some games with this lienart guy
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #29
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If the jets can go to the AFC championship game with Sanchez

With our running game and defense, the sky is the limit
That actually gives me a shitload of hope considering our offense is still way better than anything the Jets ever had and our defense is playing just as well.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the season, my prediction was 10-6.

But this team has played tons better than I thought it would -- especially considering the injuries it's had up to this point.

On the strength of the defense and the running game and the fact that Andre's returning and we haven't really been throwing that much recently... I went 11-5.

I expect that to be good enough to win the division.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #31
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I was down when I first heard the news but then it hit me: this IS NOT the Texans team of past years! I have faith in Leinart! Next man up baby!
That's how I was. My first instinct was to call Smithiak and tell them to get a call into Mississippi.

Then I realized I don't have Smithiak's number and my brain started functioning.

I think we lose just 1 game. Cincy is hurting worse with the loss of Hall. The Jags can't put up points on us. Indy will roll over and give us their bellies. Carolina can't stop anyone and Newton's struggled over the last couple of weeks.

The only game that concerns me is Atlanta since they'll be fighting for their playoff lives at that point. Still, I think we win this one.

So that leaves us losing in Week 17 to the Titans. I think we have a bye sewn up and rest players at this point.
Old 11-15-2011   #32
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 10-6 right now but if leinart has stopped partying like he was at USC then we might be able to go 11-5 or better if he has learned to make quick decisions with the ball and if he has learned to read a defense we will be fine, the guy was a top 10 pick who got beat out by Kurt Warner lets see if his confidence is back.
Old 11-15-2011   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
I say 10-6 right now but if leinart has stopped partying like he was at USC then we might be able to go 11-5 or better if he has learned to make quick decisions with the ball and if he has learned to read a defense we will be fine, the guy was a top 10 pick who got beat out by Kurt Warner lets see if his confidence is back.
Got beat out by a hall of famer .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 171989 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

7 - 9 is one of your choices...?
Seriously??
You actually think we'd lose to the Colts??

I went 11-5.
The road game in Cincy and getting into a shootout with Atlanta - without Schaub - worry me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #35
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 171989 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
12-4

We're living in epic times. NFL films will be doing some serious work compiling our "Road To The Super Bowl" film and covering all of our injuries.

I like where your head's at
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #36
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 126 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt L. should be fine leading up to the playoffs. As long as the team believes in him and protects him. If we did not have the defense or the run game we have i would be more worried. He will struggle as he tends to stare down the receiver. I say 12-4.
Old 11-15-2011   #37
WelshTexan
Rookie

Here's how I see the rest of the season panning out:

Week 12: @ Jacksonville - WIN
Week 13: vs Atlanta - WIN
Week 14: @ Cincinnati - LOSS
These two games worry me. We'll beat Atlanta @ Reliant, but having to travel to the Bengals could be a game too far for us.

Week 15: vs Carolina - WIN
Week 16: @ Indianapolis - WIN - Are you kidding me?! The only thing that could give us problems with this game is the short week, and even I don't see that being a problem.
Week 17: vs Tennessee - This one could go either way (especially if we rest our starters), but I've gone for a WIN

I voted 11-5, but only because of those two trap games in the middle, but as I said above, we should have enough to beat the Falcons at home and go 12-4. Whether that's enough for a bye, we'll have to wait & see.

Keith Cleaver AKA WelshTexan
WelshTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #38
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta say the Texans will be fine with Matty Hot Tub. I sure will miss #8, who, with 10 TD's to 1 int, as of late, brings the right tangibles to the play action offense we are built on.

However, I am going with 13-3 just to stay hopeful, as anything less severely diminishes the Texans chances with post season success. They NEED a 1st rd bye, as it gives yet another week of Schaub recovery. Home field advantage won't be a bad thing either.

We shouldn't lose to Atlanta at home and Cincy, we own, even on the road. We'll be even further along Defensively. We'll have Dre back, hopefully. MHT should have some success. I don't believe he'll be asked to carry the team, as he was asked in Arizona. He's had time to mature and learn this system, so don't set the Barn on fire, just yet. As much as I like #8, he's not ELITE. MHT isn't filling in un-fillable shoes.

I would like to point to New England waaay back when Bledsoe went down.... Their season was supposed to be over.

If MHT can come in and effectively manage the game from behind center, this team is built for him to succeed.

However, when it gets to playoff time, facing the best... I will be ecstatic to see Shaub under center.
Old 11-15-2011   #39
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshTexan View Post
Week 17: vs Tennessee - This one could go either way (especially if we rest our starters), but I've gone for a WIN

I voted 11-5, but only because of those two trap games in the middle, but as I said above, we should have enough to beat the Falcons at home and go 12-4. Whether that's enough for a bye, we'll have to wait & see.
Wow, talk about your pollyannas !
This is our starting QB we just lost who's held that position for 4-5 years and is rated as maybe not a gifted but never the less a very competant NFL QB, and the guy stepping in to replace him reportedly has not thrown a pass in anything but an exhibition game since 2009.
I think there's a very good chance the last game of the year in Relaint vs the Titans will be for the AFC South championship. In case you haven't noticed the Titans are playing much better lately and unlike us they now have an experienced NFL QB with a solid resume running their offense.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

12-4, the only loss coming from either Atlanta or the Bungles.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read