Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #21
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans are stepping on team's throats

Tex, I co-sign every thing you have written.

It's amazing how so many people don't think we deserve to celebrate because we wanted Kubiak fired. People are nothing "thinking" about the overall issue of the team, and just make it a "Kubiak" issue. I love the team, hate the coach. There is a difference, people.

A smug-ass co-worker asked me a few weeks ago, "So, what do you think about Kubiak NOW?"

I responded that I stand behind my criticisms of him, and I stand behind the fact that I wanted him fired last season. I will not change that.

Also, I repeat what I have said about this season: if we go to the playoffs, the guy should keep his job, but, he should NOT get an extension. He should be forced to work until the end of his current contract. That's fair.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #22
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans are steeping on team's throats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
If we lose to Atlanta in three weeks there will be people on this board who will want to fire Gary, again.
Wade has been the savior for this team this season. I think the true test will come if/when the defense has an awful game and we lose because of it. Luckily, right now we have the ability to overcome a stagnant performance on either side of the ball, but to the best of my knowledge I can't remember a bad game by the defense. It's been good enough to where the front seven can cover up the back's mistakes, or vise versa.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #23
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Nice post Tex. Glad to see you steeping the water for the koolaide - it is much better served hot.

Just a hint, you may have gotten some of the response you got due to your sig.
Well my opinion on the coach is no secret Glass and that isn't going to change after one big season if that's what we have at the end of the year. I don't like the guy, but this season would definitely be a big jump in the right direction and bad division or not, we're playing good football on both sides of the ball without AJ.

I don't care to debate Kubiak at this point in time though. We have him whether I like it or not, and right now our team is playing well and they're going to be complimented for that. First time in franchise history that we won 4 straight games and they were 4 decisive wins where we appeared to be the better team.

Cheers to hoping that we can keep Steeeeeeping on team's throats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Tex, I co-sign every thing you have written.

It's amazing how so many people don't think we deserve to celebrate because we wanted Kubiak fired. People are nothing "thinking" about the overall issue of the team, and just make it a "Kubiak" issue. I love the team, hate the coach. There is a difference, people.

A smug-ass co-worker asked me a few weeks ago, "So, what do you think about Kubiak NOW?"

I responded that I stand behind my criticisms of him, and I stand behind the fact that I wanted him fired last season. I will not change that.

Also, I repeat what I have said about this season: if we go to the playoffs, the guy should keep his job, but, he should NOT get an extension. He should be forced to work until the end of his current contract. That's fair.
You got it partner.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are stepping on teams throats and I don't want to sound too negative but these are the teams you expect them to be able to do that to. Atlanta and Cincinnati are the only two remaining teams with a chance to really test us and by the time we get to Cincinnati they may already have had all the air let out of them.

We're beating the dogs and the dysfunctional teams and YES, absolutely that's good. We need to continue to do this and along the way step on the throat of a team that's not more than willing to go to the floor politely in order for us to do it.

Like I said, I don't want to be bringing the negative. I'm not. I'm as happy as a pig in shit over the way they're playing. I just want to see the next steps play out. Can we win after a layoff and two weeks of getting our ass kissed by the media? Can we then beat a good team at home? Then can we go beat a "pretty good" team on the road?

After this bye the next three games are our final remaining chance to be tested before we get to the playoffs. I think after this the last three are literally a foregone conclusion IF we take care of business against Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Cincinnati. We have to at least get two of the three.
Old 11-14-2011   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Texans are stepping on teams throats and I don't want to sound too negative but these are the teams you expect them to be able to do that to. Atlanta and Cincinnati are the only two remaining teams with a chance to really test us and by the time we get to Cincinnati they may already have had all the air let out of them.

We're beating the dogs and the dysfunctional teams and YES, absolutely that's good. We need to continue to do this and along the way step on the throat of a team that's not more than willing to go to the floor politely in order for us to do it.

Like I said, I don't want to be bringing the negative. I'm not. I'm as happy as a pig in shit over the way they're playing. I just want to see the next steps play out. Can we win after a layoff and two weeks of getting our ass kissed by the media? Can we then beat a good team at home? Then can we go beat a "pretty good" team on the road?

After this bye the next three games are our final remaining chance to be tested before we get to the playoffs. I think after this the last three are literally a foregone conclusion IF we take care of business against Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Cincinnati. We have to at least get two of the three.
Yep, they have to go on the road and play the Ravens and Steelers before we go to their house.

They play the Browns between the two, but I didn't include them for obvious reasons
Old 11-14-2011   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

You're right that we should beat those teams, but in year's past we would always drop one or two of those games or barely win in a very "unconvincing fascion" where we all were left feeling sort of disappointed at the end of the day and not confident going forward. This defense is for real and should only get better though when you consider how young Barwin, Watt, and Reed are. Mario who!!!??? Now we're finally beating teams in a decisive fascion the way we should in some cases and when you look back at the Steelers game, that was a big win to. The Raiders and the Ravens game stunk a little, and seemed more like the past, but with a 4 game winning streak some of us doubters have a little bit more to look at this time around.

WHen has our running game ever looked this good with TWO GUYS??

When have the Texans ever been able to play well after key injuries?? Hell, we lost AJ and we're still kicking ass on offense.

I understand where you're coming from Herv, but we're not going to back into the playoffs. We're stomping our way in.
Old 11-14-2011   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, I noticed the titans have a tough stretch coming up.

@ Falcons
vs Buccaneers
@ Bills
vs Saints

Hopefully they lose at least 3 of those 4.
Old 11-14-2011   #28
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I never understood the desire to fire him after our first & only (to date) winning season.
Me either!

Signed,

Larry Dierker
Old 11-14-2011   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

On the bright side, we can stop "wondering" if Kubiak will be back next season. Losing Schaub.. guarantees he'll be back.
Old 11-14-2011   #30
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On the bright side, we can stop "wondering" if Kubiak will be back next season. Losing Schaub.. guarantees he'll be back.
Yeah, so there is no need to even debate it at any point now or going into next season. He's coming back.
Old 11-14-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, so there is no need to even debate it at any point now or going into next season. He's coming back.
Might as well dump the sig huh?
Old 11-14-2011   #32
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Naaahhh.
Old 11-14-2011   #33
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to admit, the sig kinda cracks me up. Anyone but Kubiak.......

so the sig carriers would be happy with:

Jim Zorn
Bobby Petrino
Mike Leach
Kim Kardashian
PeeWee Herman

The list is endless and could get kinda fun.
Old 11-14-2011   #34
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I was just joking Tex I am very happy with the way the team is playing. GO TEXANS
Old 11-14-2011   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
If we lose to Atlanta in three weeks there will be people on this board who will want to fire Gary, again.
I guess you missed Texecutioners signature .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #36
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have to admit, the sig kinda cracks me up. Anyone but Kubiak.......

so the sig carriers would be happy with:

Jim Zorn
Bobby Petrino
Mike Leach
Kim Kardashian
PeeWee Herman

The list is endless and could get kinda fun.
JoePa 2012? or too soon?
Old 11-14-2011   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonye View Post
joepa 2012? Or too soon?
lol!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #38
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Wade has been the savior for this team this season. I think the true test will come if/when the defense has an awful game and we lose because of it. Luckily, right now we have the ability to overcome a stagnant performance on either side of the ball, but to the best of my knowledge I can't remember a bad game by the defense. It's been good enough to where the front seven can cover up the back's mistakes, or vise versa.
How many points did they give up in the 4th quarter to the Aints ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #39
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans look like a team than KNOWS it will win, and is DARING
its opponent to say otherwise. We haven't seen that in a Houston
uniform in almost a generation.

I'm still shocked; but hey, that's life.
Old 11-15-2011   #40
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How many points did they give up in the 4th quarter to the Aints ?!
It's surprising they've only done that once in 10 games, rather than
10 times in 10 games like they have in previous years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read