Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will the final regular season record be?
7-9 1 1.10%
8-8 2 2.20%
9-7 2 2.20%
10-6 25 27.47%
11-5 36 39.56%
12-4 18 19.78%
13-3 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2011   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

Given the Schaub injury, where do you think the Texans end up this year? This is your chance to go on record.

For me, I think the defense, run game, and AJ are enough to finish out 3-3, and they make the playoffs, where they're quickly eliminated.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #2
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

10-6 and we're out in the first round of the playoffs.

(I really think Lienart is a turnover machine..)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #3
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

The optimist in me says 11-5. The part of me that hasn't been pounding booze says 9-7.
Old 11-14-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think Kubiak shows us he is the coach we've wanted all along.

We finish 4-2, we'll be the second seed in the AFC, & go on to win the Super Bowl.
Old 11-14-2011   #5
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Given the Schaub injury, where do you think the Texans end up this year? This is your chance to go on record.

For me, I think the defense, run game, and AJ are enough to finish out 3-3, and they make the playoffs, where they're quickly eliminated.
Under the new circumstances we are faced with (Schaubs injury), ending up
10-6 (3-3 in remaining games) would have to be viewed as a huge success and I think it's the best we can hope for realistically.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #6
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to go out on a limb and say 12-4! I feel like even though we won't have schaub, Johnson coming back will help take pressure off of the QB and we will still dominate. I hope to God I am right
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #7
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

They will lose one game from here on out. Whether that's the Atlanta game or Cincy game I don't know.

Joseph is still out there, Cushing, A.Smith, Ryans, entire Oline, Daniels, Tate, Foster, Ward, Watt, Reed....this team is loaded with talent, they are not the Colts. Oh yeah almost forgot that their best player is returning to the team most likely.

Worse comes the worse they lose 5 or 6 games, but that is it. 12-4 is my prediction.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #8
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6

Lose to bengals, falcons,
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If the jets can go to the AFC championship game with Sanchez

With our running game and defense, the sky is the limit
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

As long as Matt L isn't Rosencopter 2.0, I'll say 11-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was down when I first heard the news but then it hit me: this IS NOT the Texans team of past years! I have faith in Leinart! Next man up baby!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #12
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
As long as Matt L isn't Rosencopter 2.0, I'll say 11-5.
TRUTH! Someone told me "Man I miss Sage!" I was like WTF? Sage is the last guy I want in there. Matt is gonna handle his business. 11-5 at the worst.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 11-5 partly because I find it even more depressing to think about anything less.

The other part is if Leinart is ever going to be a starter anywhere, this is his time. Fail here and he might as well go find another day job or be like HWSNBN for the remainder of his career and just a back up.

Everything is in place for him to succeed and he should work his little tail off to see to it that we continue to win. I don't think we could find a better back up situation. I just hope he has the skills as well as the desire to pull it off.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5
Go Texans!
I am not in full panic mode.
Old 11-14-2011   #15
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly this team has showed all yr that they can cope with injury i keep with my beginning of the yr prediction of 11-5 and a first round bye. after that we win one and loose in the AFC championships.
Old 11-14-2011   #16
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I put 12-4 because of the rest of our players n I also believe that Leinart has it in him. I think 13-3 is also possible

Edit: What is HWSNBN?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I just dont know .... Leinart , can he just manage the game and take what the defense gives him while not turning the ball over ?! If so , 12-4 is possible , if not .... they might not even make the damn playoffs.

The injuries to this team this season are almost overwhelming.

AJ , Walter , Casey , MW , Foster , Ward , Manning , Schaub .... Kubiak's done well to keep them winning with the injuries before Schaub's but this one might be just too much to overcome. The QB spot is just that important and despite Schaubs limitations , he's a top half NFL QB.

I dont think any of us know what we have in Leinart.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

12-4

We're living in epic times. NFL films will be doing some serious work compiling our "Road To The Super Bowl" film and covering all of our injuries.
Old 11-14-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hell, the Packers won the Super Bowl with a bunch of guys on IR...
Old 11-14-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hell, the Packers won the Super Bowl with a bunch of guys on IR...
Not a whole laundry list of pro bowlers .... their best players were on the field.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read