Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2011   #21
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub left Tampa in walking boot

It's just to stabilize his angle so it'll heal faster. Bye week
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #22
ts4texans
Rookie

Rep Power: 224 ts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respectedts4texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub in walking boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yeah, if he's not ready to go Sunday against the bye I think Leinart can handle it.
i wouldn't get your hopes up lmao.
ts4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell let him play in it. It's not like it's going to make him any slower!
Old 11-14-2011   #24
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 27795 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

He should have his throwing arm in the sling, can't believe he couldn't get the ball further down the field on the first TD.. Seriously is something wrong with his shoulder/arm this year? I'm thinking he had arm swap surgery with Chad Pennington or something.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
a rolled ankle hurts. but it heals quickly as long as you give it time to heal. i have had many working in the oilfield, and i never got to give mine time to heal but it was 100% better after a week, so schaub will be ok.
The lay term "rolled ankle" sounds very benign, but it simply equates to the medical term "sprained ankle." A sprained ankle covers a wide range of injury, and like other sprains are classified as Grade I, Grade II and Grade III.

Grade 1 sprain:

Slight stretching and some damage to the fibers (fibrils) of the ligament.

Grade 2 sprain:

Partial tearing of the ligament. If the ankle joint is examined and moved in certain ways, abnormal looseness (laxity) of the ankle joint occurs.

Grade 3 sprain:

Complete tear of the ligament. If the examiner pulls or pushes on the ankle joint in certain movements, gross instability occurs.

Each grade carries the potential for different rehab/recovery times.

Your sprains are consistent with the very common Grade I sprains which usually only require 1-2 weeks.

Grade II sprains can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

Grade III sprains can take longer and into months.

The thing that is somewhat bothersome in the little information that we have been given thus far is that Schaub is in a boot. Typically, a Grade I is not immobilized at all. It is only supported with taping and range of motion is not blocked with a boot.

The boot is usually utilized only in Grade II and Grade III, where immobilization is temporarily advantageous for anywhere from several days to 2-3 weeks, depending on extent of the injury.

Fortunately, the need for surgery is unusual even for Grade III ankle sprains, and is reserved only for the severest of cases.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering why Leinart was in the game at the end. I know it was a blow out, but usually Kubiak plays his starters all he way through no matter what. The bye week should help Schaub, and a lot of the other guys heal up and get ready for the homestretch.

Schaub sure doesnt look happy with Kubiak in this pic though, he has that "crazy eyes" look going on.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read