Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2011   #61
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: 7-3 Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Looking at the remaining schedules, IMO it'll come down to us and the Patriots for the overall number 1 seed. Ravens and Steelers will cancel each other out. Should be a good race down the stretch.
And Baltimore has to play on the road. baloltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #62
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Looking at the remaining schedules, IMO it'll come down to us and the Patriots for the overall number 1 seed. Ravens and Steelers will cancel each other out. Should be a good race down the stretch.
to bad the patriots have the easiest remaining schedule out of the whole NFL.
Old 11-13-2011   #63
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
to bad the patriots have the easiest remaining schedule out of the whole NFL.
Exactly my thoughts. Their hardest games left are the Bills and the Eagles Smh.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #64
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as the Jets don't make it, I'll be happy.

**** them.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #65
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
As long as the Jets don't make it, I'll be happy.

**** them.
AGREE with this. i hate the jets, BUT i would love to play them in the play-offs and stomp them in the ground, Rex Ryan is an *****.
Old 11-13-2011   #66
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AGREE with this. i hate the jets, BUT i would love to play them in the play-offs and stomp them in the ground, Rex Ryan is an *****.
Nah, I'd rather have them and their fans silenced and on the outside looking in.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #67
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Being 7-3 feels so dirty....and I love it!
Old 11-14-2011   #68
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corytx8 View Post
I like to keep a eye out on a divisional rivals and everyone esle that is in the playoff picture because it will probably look different 3 weeks from now. I am just saying, we still need to keep a eye out for NE and the Jets...
I see, you are thinking ahead. I am just enjoying the moment. #1 bully D, great running game and all.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #69
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After the NE game tony dungy was asked who the best team in the AFC was and he said the Texans. Man i am loving all the love we are suddenly getting.
any links to that
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

7-3
Old 11-14-2011   #71
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit
After the NE game tony dungy was asked who the best team in the AFC was and he said the Texans. Man i am loving all the love we are suddenly getting.

any links to that

He said this this morning on MIke and Mike also.
Old 11-14-2011   #72
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Any AFC Championship game at Reliant would be pretty darn awesome.
Yes, that's ture. BUT, the Steelers at our place for AFC championship and we go to the Super Bowl. That would be one way to exorcise the demons of our past.

Hummm......coffee must be strong this morning.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #73
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 115739 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice, but 7 wins won't get us into the playoffs. We need to finish this!
Old 11-14-2011   #74
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I thought to myself at half time, how come we're only 13 points ahead yet I feel confident that the game is already sewn up?

Strange feeling, and it was also a lovely feeling to be bored but happy in the 4th, not sure I've seen the Texans do that to me before.
because we play defense now. To those of you guys (not directed at you Welsh) who thought we were a good team (except with the minor flaw of a bad defense) before we played defense....um, take a look at what a good team really looks like now. See the difference? Yeah, I thought so.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #75
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's nice, but 7 wins won't get us into the playoffs. We need to finish this!
Yup. 7-9 is a possibility. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I sure am enjoying the ride right now. Winning is super f-u-n!!
Old 11-14-2011   #76
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

congrats to all you guys. hope you can lock down that #1 seed. the schedule looks fantastic for the Texans to get it.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #77
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Watch them lose out. J/K.
Old 11-14-2011   #78
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at the remaining games, I think 11-5 is a very good possibility. I think that if we are going to lose any games (games in which we're not upset, that is) I'm looking at the Falcons and the Bengals to best us. With Leon Hall being on IR now, though, that thoguht may need to change.

I just get the feeling that 11-5 would be underachieving, however. It feels as though this team took their lumps and got their bad losses out of the way early and aren't ready to give slow down.

None the less, if we make the playoffs, the last 3 games certainly look as though they will allow us to head into the postseason with a good win streak on hand.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #79
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Looking at the remaining games, I think 11-5 is a very good possibility. I think that if we are going to lose any games (games in which we're not upset, that is) I'm looking at the Falcons and the Bengals to best us. With Leon Hall being on IR now, though, that thoguht may need to change.

I just get the feeling that 11-5 would be underachieving, however. It feels as though this team took their lumps and got their bad losses out of the way early and aren't ready to give slow down.

None the less, if we make the playoffs, the last 3 games certainly look as though they will allow us to head into the postseason with a good win streak on hand.
I know Andy Dalton is on fire and all, but, our defense may have a strong say in that.

I don't follow Atlanta very closely, but, I know about Julio Jones, and I think Jon Joseph may have something to say about that, as well.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #80
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I know Andy Dalton is on fire and all, but, our defense may have a strong say in that.

I don't follow Atlanta very closely, but, I know about Julio Jones, and I think Jon Joseph may have something to say about that, as well.

Don't forget about Roddy White. Also, I try to be as realistic as I can when predicting wins/losses (at least realistic within my own thoughts, I guess). I just don't see us running the table or only losing one. That Bengals game is certainly winnable, I just think that if A.J. Green plays he could have a good game against us. At some point, I feel that some team is going to make us wish we had a bigger NT, I just hope it's not in the playoffs.

But by all means, I hope the Texans prove me wrong and end up 13-3.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read