Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2011   #121
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets be ********** Honest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

Kubiak re-signed Carr and cut him 10 months later. Fail.
Kubiak hired two of the worst defensive coordinators in history, with no track record of anything much less success. Then held on to them out of some warped sense of loyalty for 5 years. Fail.
Kubiak and his crony, Smith, have had some of the worst defensive draft picks in history and not just in the 1st Round. Fail.
Kubiak has never met a big game he couldn't lose. Fail.
I don't think Kubiak had a choice with Carr. I heard he stopped yelling at him after week 8 though.

I was for bringing him back last year but not this year.
Old 10-20-2011   #122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
Take Calvin Johnson away from Detriot and they look a whole lot different. They spent a 2 on Titus Young...the Texans have minimal investment past the wr1.
my answers in bold. The injury excuse is just what it is...an excuse. Sure, AJ makes this team better, but if it is all on him or this team is no better than mediocre without him and cannot beat good teams ever...then this team just isn't a good team period.
Haven't we won games without Aj? We haven't won the last two without 'Dre, but it's not like we've never won without him. Heck, many here were thinking we had a shot against Oakland & Baltimore without him.

Many think we'll win @Tennessee without him.

If Aaron Rodgers went down today, is it fair to say the Packers won't win another game this season since they haven't done it this seasn, or should we wait to see?

Without Andre, I think this team can win the next three. If we do, I won't say that is any great testament to the coaching ability of Kubiak, it's an expectation.

Let's take a Ray Rice from the Ravens before half time & let's see if they win that game. Let's take Ray Lewis from them in the first Qtr & Torrey Smith in the second half of the next game & lets see if they win that game. Let them play the Saints in the third game & lets see how they do.

They'd be lucky to be 1-2 after that.
Old 10-20-2011   #123
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Ok, TK. I always respect your knowledge but I was reading your posts as excuses for Kubiak. I know how much AJ means to the team, but us fans can't give Kubes a free pass due to injuries.

The Ravens loss was somewhat expected but at some point someone needs to be accountable for nearly 6 yrs of losing under this regime. If they can't win this year, they never will and if they don't win, heads must roll
Old 10-20-2011   #124
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, TK. I always respect your knowledge but I was reading your posts as excuses for Kubiak. I know how much AJ means to the team, but us fans can't give Kubes a free pass due to injuries.
I'm just trying to keep it real. Some of the Arguments are extremely good & can't be denied. That's why my argument to DexmanC is usually STFU.
Quote:
The Ravens loss was somewhat expected but at some point someone needs to be accountable for nearly 6 yrs of losing under this regime. If they can't win this year, they never will and if they don't win, heads must roll
I personally (like Vinny I believe it was) think that says a lot about our team to "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore. If we don't think we have a chance to win... something is wrong. (Especially when we keep thinking we should have been 10-6 or better over the last three years running).

The Saints game I put on Kubiak more so than the Ravens game (which I put on Schuab). He decides to run the clock out against Miami with 14 minutes left in the 4th Qtr, but you take a 14 point lead in the 4th against the Saints with 9 minutes left & it's time to air it out?

Really?

I bet Dennison was beside himself.
Old 10-20-2011   #125
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak, whether TK wants to admit it or not, will be the reason this team soars, stalls,
or plummets. At the end of every game, I hear "the offense shoulda done this,"
"the defense shoulda done that.". It is my duty to keep the focus squarely on the
sole person responsible for 2012: Ya boy Gary Kubiak.

Keeps excusing the obvious, and I'll be right here to display the truth again.
Year six, and there are STILL games you go into expecting to lose. You
don't see what's wrong with that?
Old 10-20-2011   #126
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak, whether TK wants to admit it or not, will be the reason this team soars, stalls,
or plummets. At the end of every game, I hear "the offense shoulda done this,"
"the defense shoulda done that.". It is my duty to keep the focus squarely on the
sole person responsible for 2012: Ya boy Gary Kubiak.

Keeps excusing the obvious, and I'll be right here to display the truth again.
The Team doesnt go into games expecting to lose. They go into every game thinking "We can win" ..... Every game.

Its the fans expectations you are talking about .... expecting to lose , predicting their record and listing what games we think they win or lose.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #127
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
What did I just say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I personally (like Vinny I believe it was) think that says a lot about our team to "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The Team doesnt go into games expecting to lose. They go into every game thinking "We can win" ..... Every game.

Its the fans expectations you are talking about .... expecting to lose , predicting their record and listing what games we think they win or lose.
You're right, I should have said

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I personally think that says a lot when our fans "expect" to lose going in to Baltimore.
Old 10-20-2011   #128
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
and we have twos studs that need each other - AJ (of course and A Foster) to thrive

People just cant accept the fact that one has an impact on the other ....

I heard a question on talk radio a while back , who would you rather lose for an extended amount of time .... AJ or Foster .... We've lost both for a stretch already this season - Tate filled the void in place of Foster. No one has been able to replace AJ .... I think the question answered itself.

You think about the WR position and think - That guy only gets 8-10 touches a game , hows he so important , then you watch this team play without him on the edge and struggle to do a damn thing offensively and realize just how much attention the opposition gives him .... He's worth 50+ yards in the running game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Your main cog should be the QB
In an ideal world .... our QB would be our best player ... Thats not the case on this team. Schaub is an average NFL QB.

Old 10-20-2011   #129
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People just cant accept the fact that one has an impact on the other ....

I heard a question on talk radio a while back , who would you rather lose for an extended amount of time .... AJ or Foster .... We've lost both for a stretch already this season - Tate filled the void in place of Foster. No one has been able to replace AJ .... I think the question answered itself.

You think about the WR position and think - That guy only gets 8-10 touches a game , hows he so important , then you watch this team play without him on the edge and struggle to do a damn thing offensively and realize just how much attention the opposition gives him .... He's worth 50+ yards in the running game.

In an ideal world .... our QB would be our best player ... Thats not the case on this team. Schaub is an average NFL QB.
That's cause we passed up many a good young QB waiting for the frog to get kissed . Compared to him Schaub's Joe Montana . Compared to Joe , Schaub's average at best .
Old 10-21-2011   #130
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That's cause we passed up many a good young QB waiting for the frog to get kissed . Compared to him Schaub's Joe Montana . Compared to Joe , Schaub's average at best .
Thats on Bob McNair .... Not Smith nor Kubiak (or even Capers & Casserly).

It took Kubiak "giving up" on the guy mid season to force a replacement .... Who's been better , just not better enough.

Old 10-21-2011   #131
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats on Bob McNair .... Not Smith nor Kubiak (or even Capers & Casserly).

It took Kubiak "giving up" on the guy mid season to force a replacement .... Who's been better , just not better enough.
I guess my point is after a couple of years you can tell if it's going to happen . The powers that be drafted a QB in the 3rd in 2003 after taking Davy 1st overall , so what's that tell you . Like with Kubiak , Bob got to close to the help .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 10-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #132
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohhh how the tides have turned
Old 11-13-2011   #133
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ohhh how the tides have turned
Ellis.... are we patting ourselves on the back?

it is true though...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #134
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ellis.... are we patting ourselves on the back?

it is true though...
Na but i love to come back and see all the "Sky is falling" posts. Its funny

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read