Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011   #821
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I will give KJ some credit, today he played very well. I like the mix of him and J Allen. Tough to say but we may have the best secondary in the NFL right now. All i know is JoJo is a damn beast, and i love his little strut after he makes a big hit.
I had no idea that Joseph was such a big hitter when he first became a Texan. He really has some great timing on those hits.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #822
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
lol, yeah this thread could get pretty interesting. KJ was good again today. We may have actually found our CB2 now that Wade and Vance Joseph have gotten the opportunity to coach him up. I don't ever think he'll be the ball hawking turnover machine some other great corners are, but we don't need him to be either.
I wouldnt say all that, freeman and the bucs are not the saint who abused him earlier in the season. I will say i have seen him make some plays and have seen improvment, but when we go against good QBs and WRs i still get nervious sometimes.
Old 11-13-2011   #823
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I had no idea that Joseph was such a big hitter when he first became a Texan. He really has some great timing on those hits.
yeah he has laid some licks onm WRs, and he has this swagger/confidence about him that i think makes the rest of our secondary better.
Old 11-13-2011   #824
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldnt say all that, freeman and the bucs are not the saint who abused him earlier in the season. I will say i have seen him make some plays and have seen improvment, but when we go against good QBs and WRs i still get nervious sometimes.
The Saints abused our entire secondary, not just Kareem.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #825
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Definitely been looking good against our most recent competition.

The true test will come vs. Atlanta, Cincy, Carolina...... pretty good QB play.. pretty good WRs... our pass rush will be the X-factor.

Tennessee, looks like they may be getting hot as well in the passing game.
Old 11-13-2011   #826
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
The Saints abused our entire secondary, not just Kareem.
JoJo didnt.
Old 11-13-2011   #827
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
...but when we go against good QBs and WRs i still get nervious sometimes.
Which corners would not cause you some concern going against the good QBs & WRs??
Old 11-13-2011   #828
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You have officially become the "yeah..... but" man...... lol I'm just giving you a hard time. I said he wasn't the greatest corner, but we can call him solid now. I'll take solid opposite JJo any day of the week.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #829
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
You have officially become the "yeah..... but" man...... lol I'm just giving you a hard time. I said he wasn't the greatest corner, but we can call him solid now. I'll take solid opposite JJo any day of the week.
But its not just HIM who has been solid J. Allen who has 3 ints and has been splitting time with KJ has been very good as well
Old 11-13-2011   #830
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JoJo didnt.
He did alright.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #831
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But its not just HIM who has been solid J. Allen who has 3 ints and has been splitting time with KJ has been very good as well
Dude, no one said he hasn't been solid. Our whole secondary has been solid. This is a thread about Kareem. If you want me to compliment everyone who's been solid then I'll have to list the whole team.
Old 11-13-2011   #832
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Happy to see Kareem is improving and it seems the refs are allowing a little contact down field. That td he broke up could have easily been called interference for the second no call in 2 weeks. I hope this builds his confidence.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #833
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Happy to see Kareem is improving and it seems the refs are allowing a little contact down field. That td he broke up could have easily been called interference for the second no call in 2 weeks. I hope this builds his confidence.
Hopefully, he keeps improving and become true #2 CB by end of regular season. When this happens, we will be set for playoffs.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #834
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Dude, no one said he hasn't been solid. Our whole secondary has been solid. This is a thread about Kareem. If you want me to compliment everyone who's been solid then I'll have to list the whole team.
i only added Jason Allen because you said KJ is becoming a legit #2 but they are CB by committee. thats the only reason i brought allen in the conversation
Old 11-13-2011   #835
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i only added Jason Allen because you said KJ is becoming a legit #2 but they are CB by committee. thats the only reason i brought allen in the conversation
Allen may not be here next year though.... To see that KJ is coming along is awesome. We'll also get the equivalent of 2 top draft picks next year in Harris and Carmichael as well. This team is in good shape in the secondary.
Old 11-13-2011   #836
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Exactly, I trust Kareem on an Island with a receiver as much as I would have trusted Richard Hatch on Survivor at Texan Bill's back while he was sleeping.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #837
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And my wife would be a virgin if she hadn't slept with 300 men before me.
Old 11-13-2011   #838
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Allen may not be here next year though.... To see that KJ is coming along is awesome. We'll also get the equivalent of 2 top draft picks next year in Harris and Carmichael as well. This team is in good shape in the secondary.
well i hope Allen is back next season, cause i dont trust KJ as the full time #2.
Old 11-13-2011   #839
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
well i hope Allen is back next season, cause i dont trust KJ as the full time #2.
We are going to be cash strapped in the off-season so I'm not sure that he'll be back. Most likely Harris or Carmichael will have to step up.
Old 11-13-2011   #840
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Hopefully, he keeps improving and become true #2 CB by end of regular season. When this happens, we will be set for playoffs.

Go Texans!!!
^^^^

This, I've dogged KJ for a 1.5 yrs and running. With that said he seems to be really improving. He had a great game today. Maybe the light is coming on for himm. No more not turning his head and looking for the ball/falling down.

Those were the days.......
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read