Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Injuries And Game Recap Please

The power went out at my house a little after ten this morning and came back on close to 430 so I missed the game. Any major injuries to make note of? What were the big plays in the game? How many total yards did the Bucks have? Ect. Anything you thought was important please post. I know they whipped butt but I want some details from those who saw the game. Pissed I missed this game. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2011   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please

Gary if you read through the existing threads, especially the game day thread, you will get a pretty good idea of what happened in the game.
Old 11-13-2011   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The power went out at my house a little after ten this morning and came back on close to 430 so I missed the game. Any major injuries to make note of? What were the big plays in the game? How many total yards did the Bucks have? Ect. Anything you thought was important please post. I know they whipped butt but I want some details from those who saw the game. Pissed I missed this game. Thanks in advance.
Never really a scare, we scored on the first offensive play, but missed the PAT. Ward, Foster, and Tate all had TDs. Schaub went home with a waling boot, but it's not believed to be serious, a rolled ankle.

Ravens lost, so we are currently #1 in AFC!!!
Old 11-13-2011   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tampa was outmatched. We did the same thing to Tampa that we did to Cleveland. Got up early - our first play from scrimmage was an 80-yd TD catch & run to Jacoby - and never looked back. We were up 16-zip (our first PAT was blocked) before TB cracked the scoreboard with a FG. Offensively, our running game was solid; all three backs scored on the ground. The defense was relentless. Four sacks and four turnovers.

TB never had a chance.

and the sweet dessert to top off the day is that Baltimore lost to the Seahawks which means we are now the #1 seed in the AFC.
Of course, there are six more games to go so I still worry.

Sorry you missed it. It was a thing of beauty.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Never really a scare, we scored on the first offensive play, but missed the PAT. Ward, Foster, and Tate all had TDs. Schaub went home with a waling boot, but it's not believed to be serious, a rolled ankle.

Ravens lost, so we are currently #1 in AFC!!!
What about the under 200 yards streak per game for their opponets?
Old 11-13-2011   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about the under 200 yards streak per game for their opponets?
That was total yds?? I thought that was a passing yardage streak...? We held TB to 141 passing. But they got 231 total yds of offense so if it was about total yds, then that streak is broken..
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That was total yds?? I thought that was a passing yardage streak...? We held TB to 141 passing. But they got 231 total yds of offense so if it was about total yds, then that streak is broken..
I am pretty sure that was total yards but they still did an awesome job. Who cares? Rep to you two. I am thrilled to peices and bits. GO TEXANS
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey my main man Gary, we sucked!! Matt Schaub sucked and of course Kubiak's decision making was horrible!!

Love ya man!!! Be GOOD!!!
Old 11-13-2011   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

The power goes out a lot around here.
Old 11-13-2011   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am pretty sure that was total yards but they still did an awesome job. Who cares? Rep to you two. I am thrilled to peices and bits. GO TEXANS
Hey buddy,
If you really want a recap of the important plays, I can play my DVR and give you the flow of the game.
It may take a couple of hours, but I don't have anything to do.
You can check back every half hour or so.
Want me to?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Hey buddy,
If you really want a recap of the important plays, I can play my DVR and give you the flow of the game.
It may take a couple of hours, but I don't have anything to do.
You can check back every half hour or so.
Want me to?
You go through your DVR and PM me later if you want.
Old 11-13-2011   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You go through your DVR and PM me later if you want.
I'll just post it here.
First one around 8:15
Old 11-13-2011   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'll just post it here.
First one around 8:15
You post it here and I'll check whenever.
Old 11-13-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
You post it here and I'll check whenever.

Check this link

Several high-light videos, stats, play-by-play.... everything you need.
Old 11-13-2011   #15
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey 76 if you're going to re-watch the game and make some posts on it could you analyze the safety play for me please?

I've only ever had the chance to watch an NFL game in person once (Miami - New York Giants @ Wembley a few years ago) and the TV doesn't really give much opportunity to understand the DB play.

It strikes me that Kareem and Allen are both playing pretty well this season, while JoJo seems to have gone from a really good CB in CIN to somewhere at/near elite level.

Last year a lot of the blame for our poor CB play was placed on Pollard (who's doing pretty well for BALT) and Wilson who are now off the team, and apart from the odd passing mention there isn't a heck of a lot of talk about the safety play and what effect they're having on our play at CB this year.

I can't help but notice that while we've upgraded our starter talent, the likes of Nolan and Demps have been able to plug in pretty well without any real drop off in the play.

I'd really appreciate it if you have time man.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

First Quarter

The Texans started their first drive on the 20 after a touchback and decided to go for the home run ball right off the bat.
They set up a play action fake to Foster to the left.
The Bucs LCB Talib and the SS Jones brought it hard.
Schaub rolled right and found JJ all alone at the Texans 32.
JJ made the FS T. Jackson miss and scampered all the way for an 80yd-TD,

The Bucs got the ball on their 19.

An incomplete pass to TE Winslow and an 8-yd run by RB Blount spot them a third and 2.

The Texans took away Freeman's hot route, forcing him to scramble.
The receiver M. Williams did a good job adjusting his route to help out the QB.
It wans't really terrible coverage by McCain (but he can do better).
Nolan and McCain combine for the tackle.
The 23yd catch gave the Bucs a first down.

JJo then made a nice play to break up a pass to Williams before Blount gained 5 yards on a run (tackled by Cushing).

On third and five, The BEAST (Cushing) stuffed Freeman for an 8yd loss.
It was on a LB stunt.
Cushing started out attacking the strong side B gap but then scraped around to the weak side A gap.
Freeman never saw him until it's too late.
Barwin also pushed the LT into Freeman.
That forced the Bucs to punt.
Old 11-13-2011   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the Buc's board. Pure comedy

link

Quote:
Posted Today, 02:58 PM
Goodness. Someone set the Bucs' difficulty level to Rookie.

Quote:
They look like a division III high school team.
Old 11-13-2011   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

more joy

Quote:
Ha. My computer won't even stream this crap anymore. Awesome indeed.
Quote:
Still another quarter to play, dear God
Quote:
lmao

the guy streaming clearly decided to put us out of our misery, stream was dead for 5 min and now it's back with the miami game instead.
Quote:
One man team. Sadly that one man is not named Vick or Sanders.
Quote:
Achievement Unlocked: Better than Rex Grossman
Quote:
I bet Haynesworth wishes he would've just retired.
Quote:
If they made the 2 point conversion, all they needed was 2 more TDs with 2 point conversions and a FG for the tie................
Quote:
I just noticed something.. THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE IN THE OFFENSE!!!! WE HAVEN'T RAN THAT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE END AROUND!
Quote:
I think Olson just took over as the Texans OC to call that end around.
Old 11-13-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the Buc's board. Pure comedy

link
Seems so familiar, like we were there not too long ago.
Old 11-13-2011   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshalffull View Post
gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the buc's board. Pure comedy

link
lol!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read