Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you watch the news tonight.....

Hey guys I live in Denver and don't get to hear many interviews or commentary from the local media in Houston.

If anyone watches the 10 pm news tonight and hears anything of importance or interest could you please give a post here.

Thanks everyone
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Can someone also post what they say on Texans wrap at 11 pm on Fox sportssouthwest. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

"Texans lose.....Carr sacked 7 times.....Now, back to the Astros....What a game!!!"
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair just said any coaching changes would be up to Capers. Now if that is just being politically correct or not I don't know.

Capers seems to think we have the talent but just need to try harder and work at fixing what's wrong. "We need to look at the positives and correct the negatives." It's like a broken record with this guy.

Casserly seems to be taking the Capers line and just say we will get better with time and work.

It's the same as always. I bet you could take the coaches thoughts from season one and they would be the same as now almost word for word.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Real Good & Real Bad

watching bob allan's texans wrap and his interview with bob mcnair had some things of interest.

allan - "where do you point the finger?"
mcnair - "it starts with me"

that was something i liked, because he owned up to his responsibilites as the man in charge (where as casserly & capers both skirted the question), and because he doesnt appear to have much of any tolerance left for the situation.

allan - "do you see any more coaching changes in the near future?"
mcnair - "i hope not, but that's up to capers"

time out. personal foul. flags littering the field. capers' staff has run this team into the ground. that statement scares the poop out of me. it might not be that bad though. i'm hoping like hell that his intention with that statement was that it doesnt matter because they'll all be gone at the end of the season though.

thoughts?
Old 10-09-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly said pretty much nothing on Bob Allens show. McNair said "coaching changes" are up to Capers when interviewed by Allen. :brickwall

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #7
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he means it is up to Capers as in winning to save his job and not Capers firing an assisstant.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Casserly said pretty much nothing on Bob Allens show. McNair said "coaching changes" are up to Capers when interviewed by Allen. :brickwall
has casserly ever said anything on his show? most insight i've gotten is "yeah that was a good run by ..." and "yeah we need to work on ..." during the replays.
Old 10-09-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

thats what i was thinking bckey..

could he have meant it as "I dont know if I will have to fire capers or not, that depends on him" ??
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
thats what i was thinking bckey..

could he have meant it as "I dont know if I will have to fire capers or not, that depends on him" ??
That's exactly how I read it. Coaching changes and him being replaced as a headcoach are on Capers.
Old 10-09-2005   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
has casserly ever said anything on his show? most insight i've gotten is "yeah that was a good run by ..." and "yeah we need to work on ..." during the replays.
you guys keep missing the hidden point (can't blame you, really) McNair said they must do a better job protecting Carr. this has been a recurrent theme & I say it starts with benching Riley and moving Pitts back to left tackle, Mckinney LG, Todd Washington Center, Zach Weigert RG and give Wade one more start @ RT and evaluate his performance which to this point for the money invested has been a bust.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read