Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2011   #61
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Off season from Mario's view

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Most know that I am an advocate of trading WIlliams IF the deal is good. Last night for some reason I decided to place myself in Mario's shoes. Of course they were too big and I fell down. Seriously though I had not looked at the off season from his pov. So here we go.

I am 6'6" 280 lbs and I will be only 27 going into my next contract. I can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE. We now know under Wade Phillips I can play OLB and I avg a sack per game. Can you imagine how good I'll be with the seasoned defense going into 2012? You are going to mention injuries, well let me bring it up. For five years I played thru all sorts of crazy stuff but only missed three, I repeat three games until this season.

Franchise me if you want, $16.56 m will look good in my checking account, but I want and you want a long term reasonable deal. My first contract except for the last year was overwhelmingly in team's favor so let's not focus on 2011 & forget the other five years. Here's what I want:

5 years $70 million. $15m upfront prorated over 5 years = $3m to add to my cap figure. The remaining $55m to be paid as follows year one $8m +3 (11 cap) year 2 $10m +3 ($13m cap) year 3 $12m +3 ($15) year 4 &5 12.5m + $3 each.

Don't like either? Well, I would love to go free and see what the other teams like Patriots would offer. Can you imaginge that team with me and two firsts and two seconds in next draft?

Try to trade me to another team and I will refuse to negotiate a new deal.

See ya at OTA's!
Good role playing. I dunno know if you accurately channeled Mario but I'll bet you sure as hell captured what his agent is probably thinking.

Every F/A site I've checked has Mario as the top pass-rushing F/A available in the upcoming mkt.

I have to ask, in this capitalist country that we live in, how many, if given the leverage to command a big payday, would not take some advantage of it?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read