Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-11-2011   #381
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

All I have to say is Sandusky better grow him a goatee because that prison pucee is going to be getting alot of action. He's going to learn what it feels like to be on the receiving end of raping. Hope he gets passed around like a joint at a lalapalooza concert.

I have always thought highly of Paterno and still don't want to believe he knew and ignored all this. I know it looks bad but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt until it's proven otherwise. But if it is proven I hope he goes to his grave having lived the rest of his life knowing what a POS he is for allowing such a POS like that to continue doing what he did.
Old 11-11-2011   #382
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Whether the NCAA does anything or not, the Penn State football program is hosed. I can't see any commit sticking with Penn State, and I seriously doubt many freshman or sophomores will stay with the program.

I do think the NCAA needs to make a serious example of Penn State. This is so huge, and it is all a result of people trying to cover up stuff. They just can't ignore it. Penn State needs to become the poster child of not letting a program get away with a major coverup.
Old 11-12-2011   #383
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the after-coverage of Penn State - Nebraska is sickening me. ESPN and Penn State have to stop acting like Paterno was the victim of anything but his own moral failure. Go cry somewhere else where we don't have to see the pathetic display of the "Poor Joe Paterno Show."

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #384
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Watching the after-coverage of Penn State - Nebraska is sickening me. ESPN and Penn State have to stop acting like Paterno was the victim of anything but his own moral failure. Go cry somewhere else where we don't have to see the pathetic display of the "Poor Joe Paterno Show."
Yeah, I watched the game and got sick of the whole "We are Penn State" chants. Nobody in that university is the victim here, so let's stop acting like it (not directed at you).
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #385
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

There HAS to be a better abbreviation for “assistant”

Haven’t read much of this thread, it makes me pissed off and sick to my stomach. What are the chances Sandusky does the right thing and puts a bullet in his head?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #386
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post

There HAS to be a better abbreviation for “assistant”

Haven’t read much of this thread, it makes me pissed off and sick to my stomach. What are the chances Sandusky does the right thing and puts a bullet in his head?
that is perfect he is an ass. what the hell is the reporter drunk? lol

Last edited by srrono; 11-12-2011 at 07:53 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #387
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradley Contacts NFL Coach About Job
A source close to the Penn State football program informed me today that interim Penn State head football coach Tom Bradley has reached out to the head coach of an NFL team to inquire about future employment.

In the aftermath of Joe Paterno’s ouster earlier this week, Bradley was subsequently named caretaker of the disgraced football program. Since that change, the source indicated Bradley has personally contacted Indianapolis Colts head coach Jim Caldwell about attaining a job in the future.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/source...bout-job-29899
Old 11-12-2011   #388
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
that is perfect he is an ass. what the hell is the reporter drunk? lol
Maybe that's England's standard abbreviation for "asst." I wouldn't know. They can't spell anything right over there.
Old 11-12-2011   #389
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sandusky lived across the street from an elementary school .
Old 11-12-2011   #390
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Penn State supporters continue to look like idiots

At Penn State’s stadium, profanity, scorn greet one father’s protest
Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — In the middle of Curtin Road, John Matko held one handwritten sign in his right hand and rested another against his jeans. Two inches of black tape obscured Penn State’s logo on the 34-year-old father’s hat, as he tried to ignore the jeers, slaps and beer hurled at him.

“Put abused kids first,” one of Matko’s signs read. “Don’t be fooled, they all knew. Tom Bradley, everyone must go.”

Penn State's Beaver Stadium loomed 30 yards away, rumbling with the first roars of Saturday’s game with Nebraska. The sea of blue-clad supporters wearing gray fedoras and camouflage hunting jackets and “This is JoePa’s house” T-shirts parted around Matko.

“That is such [expletive]!” one young woman screamed at him after glancing at the signs. “Who the [expletive] do you think you are?”

Eyes hidden by blue aviator sunglasses, Matko didn’t respond.

The night before, thousands of students held candles and sang Coldplay’s “Fix You” a capella in front of Old Main to support victims of sexual abuse. They wanted to show a different side to Penn State than the 40 charges of child sexual abuse against ex-football assistant Jerry Sandusky or the riots late Wednesday after the university fired iconic coach Joe Paterno for his role in the cover-up.

Under Saturday’s cloudless sky, Curtin Street revealed something else.

A beer showered Matko. One man slapped his stomach. Another called him a “[expletive].”
Quote:
“The kids are what this day is about, not who wins or loses,” the sign resting against his jeans read. “Or who lost their job and why. Honor the abused kids by cancelling the game and the season now.”

A passer-by kicked it.

“You’re going to get your [expletive] kicked, man,” a man bellowed.

“That’s [expletive], guy,” another said.

Abuse flew at Matko from young and old, students and alumni, men and women. No one intervened. No one spoke out against the abuse. Over the course of an hour, a lone man stopped, read the sign and said, “I agree.” Those two words were swallowed by the profanity and threats by dozens of others during the hour.

“The world is here. The world wasn’t at the vigil,” Matko said. “I still can’t believe this game is being played. People are telling me the game is going to generate revenue for the kids. That’s the point. We can’t separate revenue, money from football. That’s part of the reason why we’re in this mess.

“I feel so betrayed. … I can’t believe the guys covered it up. It’s disturbing and it’s not over.”

Matko didn’t preach at passers-by. The signs said enough, two voices in a wilderness of blue.

“What a [expletive] *****, man,” shouted one fan. “Get out of here.”

A woman, clad in blue like the rest, launched a finger-wagging, tirade inches from Matko’s face. Two men led her away.

A burly man wearing a “JoePa” T-shirt strode up, wrestled away the sign urging abused kids be put first from Matko’s right hand and slammed it to the ground.

After reading the signs, another woman glowered at Matko.

“This is in bad taste,” she said.

One bystander wondered how long until Matko was punched.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...aterno/?page=1

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #391
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Unfortunately for Penn State (or State Penn) the student body in numbers, speak loudly, and reminds us all why they are still at an institution to learn in the first place...lol.

I suspect many of those student Paterno backers will look on their stance one day down the line from an historic perspective and regret their thoughts as well as their actions at the time. We all do. This is my hope anyway.

*Is it "an historic" or "a historic?" That always gets me.*
Old 11-12-2011   #392
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
*Is it "an historic" or "a historic?" That always gets me.*
Do you speak English with an Edwardian era Cockney accent?
Old 11-12-2011   #393
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Do you speak English with an Edwardian era Cockney accent?
(?) I call it a Houston accent. Southern but generally only recognized as southern when I am up north.
Old 11-12-2011   #394
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
(?) I call it a Houston accent. Southern but generally only recognized as southern when I am up north.
Then that means you pronounce the 'h' in historic, so you should use 'a' in front of historic.

On a similar note, I have a pet peeve with the pronunciation of the word Houston. I cringe when I hear it pronounced Youston.
Old 11-13-2011   #395
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

At Penn State’s stadium, profanity, scorn greet one father’s protest http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...aterno/?page=1
It's all about 'Penn State' to these people. Forget the victims, forget that the Athletic Director, Head Coach, Assistant Coach all hid child molestation, because "we are Penn State". This one comment pretty much sums it all up for me:

Quote:
“Not now, man,” one student said, shaking his head. “This is about the football players.”
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #396
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Then that means you pronounce the 'h' in historic, so you should use 'a' in front of historic.

On a similar note, I have a pet peeve with the pronunciation of the word Houston. I cringe when I hear it pronounced Youston.
Lol, yeah, that is my head scratcher. "A historic" just sounds wrong, but the consonant begs to differ.
Old 11-13-2011   #397
srrono
Hall of Fame

wow things keep getting crazy the new Head Coach Tom Bradley used to live with McQueary. Theres no way Brasley didnt know.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
RT @Ben_Jones88: You think the Sandusky story is mixed up already, just wait til somebody realizes McQueary used to live with Tom Bradley
Old 11-14-2011   #398
srrono
Hall of Fame

CBSNews CBS News
Sandusky bail judge's ties to Second Mile: Volunteer, donor & recipient of campaign fundraiser by charity's chairman http://bit.ly/u9mbyt
Old 11-14-2011   #399
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CBSNews CBS News
Sandusky bail judge's ties to Second Mile: Volunteer, donor & recipient of campaign fundraiser by charity's chairman http://bit.ly/u9mbyt
I was wondering why the bail was so low.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #400
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CBSNews CBS News
Unreal that she didn't recuse herself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read