Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-10-2011   #301
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not intending to pile on, but in all seriousness, you don't need to read "all of what's out there". Just read one single thing - the grand jury presentment that Vinny linked. All the speculation in the world goes away when you read that.
Here we go .....

1998 ... Sandusky gets accused of touching child
1999 .... Paterno tells Sandusky he's through . No other team contacts him even though he's a top notch DC .
2002 ... Sandusky is caught having anal sex with a 10 year old boy in the PSU shower . Mcqueary (sp) sees this and calls his dad . He and his dad meet with Paterno about this . It's gray what Joe knows but he tells his superior . It dies for two weeks and they meet .
2005 ... Sandusky gets caught again in the PSU shower pinning a boy against the wall giving him a ******* . They tell Sandusky not to bring anymore boys around .
two weeks ago ... Sandusky was working out at PSU .

It's probably not all in here but it's close .
Old 11-10-2011   #302
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...We must take the law into our own hands and get the police involved...
So calling the police is now vigilantism?

That makes no sense.
Old 11-10-2011   #303
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't appreciate your hostility to me over this.
I don't care because it is rude to jump in and rehash questions already answered earlier in the thread. It's rude to jump into a conversation others have had for days without some real basic, basic information and throw down long mind-numbing rants that make this already long thread harder to read. You guys with your own personal agendas and your attention seeking posts need to step back and give a little mb courtesy for those of us sharing new information.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #304
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
So calling the police is now vigilantism?

That makes no sense.
Example:

I live next door to a person. I heard a kid screaming for his life, and crying like his arm was being cut off or something. So I called CPS.

CPS shows up, the kid has a bruise under his left eye. So now the kid was taken away because the math adds up.

Too bad, for that person, that his kid had been in a fight at school earlier that day...and the noise I heard was a movie playing and a secene where someone was screaming and a kid was crying in the background.

A person's kid was taken away because I called CPS on a whim. I thought I was doing the right thing. It took several days for the person to have the school contact CPS and clarify that the boy had indeed been in a fight earlier that day, but the damage is done--A kid was removed from a home because I freaked out over something.

That's the quickest example I can give. I have said over and over that Joe Paterno, according to reports, went to a superior and reported what was told to him. What else do you do? Vigilantism? It's not vigilantism to report thinigs to the cops, but this situation got away from a lot of people. The only thing he could have done, in retrospect, was quit and walk away because of maybe thinking PSU and its power players were never going to do anything of great consequence to address it properly, legally.

For that, "Yeah, Joe Paterno messed up." But Like I said, I believe in his world the colors turned to gray in a hurry...next up, gameplanning for their next opponent on Saturday. We can analayze this nine ways to Sunday, I just don't see how Paterno himself is guilty of the acts by Sandusky. I feel like Paterno is guilty by mere association.
Old 11-10-2011   #305
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Example:

I live next door to a person. I heard a kid screaming for his life, and crying like his arm was being cut off or something. So I called CPS.

CPS shows up, the kid has a bruise under his left eye. So now the kid was taken away because the math adds up.

Too bad, for that person, that his kid had been in a fight at school earlier that day...and the noise I heard was a movie playing and a secene where someone was screaming and a kid was crying in the background.

A person's kid was taken away because I called CPS on a whim. I thought I was doing the right thing. It took several days for the person to have the school contact CPS and clarify that the boy had indeed been in a fight earlier that day, but the damage is done--A kid was removed from a home because I freaked out over something.

That's the quickest example I can give. I have said over and over that Joe Paterno, according to reports, went to a superior and reported what was told to him. What else do you do? Vigilantism? It's not vigilantism to report thinigs to the cops, but this situation got away from a lot of people. The only thing he could have done, in retrospect, was quit and walk away because of maybe thinking PSU and its power players were never going to do anything of great consequence to address it properly, legally.

For that, "Yeah, Joe Paterno messed up." But Like I said, I believe in his world the colors turned to gray in a hurry...next up, gameplanning for their next opponent on Saturday. We can analayze this nine ways to Sunday, I just don't see how Paterno himself is guilty of the acts by Sandusky. I feel like Paterno is guilty by mere association.
It's like safety guy at work watching you do something that could get you killed . Afterward he walks up to you and corrects you or tell your supervisor . That's what his job entails but if it was so dangerous why didn't he stop me . He let me take a risk that I never should have taken .
Old 11-10-2011   #306
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Example:

So again, you want come with unrelated examples, instead of taking even a a couple of minutes to find out why people have specific opinions about this subject. None are denying your examples, but you are denying the specifics of the current conversation. That's we are and should be hostile to you, because are not respectful to us.

You have the right to express an opinion and we in trun have right to evaluate and in turn tell you why your opionion is meaningless.
Old 11-10-2011   #307
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A Grad student comes to your home with his Father and tells you he hears "rhythmic slapping noises" coming from the shower, then investigates and then see's your linebacker coach plowing some 10 year old boy in the anus, spread eagle in your shower, and you think its ok to just "tell your boss". This is a morally vacant position, no way around it. I'm sorry that I know this about you now. Some of you guys are so quick to destroy your credibility and reputation around here just to hear yourself talk...amazes me.

Old 11-10-2011   #308
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Example:

You were actively hearing a child scream and you call... CPS?

I would have called the police.

FYI, my house is super L-O-U-D. We scream at the top of our lungs and stomp floors like monkeys here. It's a Deaf family thing.
Old 11-10-2011   #309
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't care because it is rude to jump in and rehash questions already answered earlier in the thread. It's rude to jump into a conversation others have had for days without some real basic, basic information and throw down long mind-numbing rants that make this already long thread harder to read. You guys with your own personal agendas and your attention seeking posts need to step back and give a little mb courtesy for those of us sharing new information.
It's rude to make blanket statements about me and what I would do about my kid if she were raped, just to try and put me in my place over this.

We can argue, you can say I'm a dumbass for not readin a 23-page legal document, whatever. But don't get personal with bringing my kids into it. I would never dare to go there with you and your loved ones, I will never sit here and allow you to get away with that against me. NEVER.

You crossed a line because you wanted to put me in my place, and you thought the quickest route to that destination would be to expose me as being somebody who passes the buck with other kids but would never want someone to pass the buck if it were an indecency with MY kids. Tell me how I'm wrong in this analysis here, Vinny. You crossed a line.

I'm sorry I didn't read your links. I'm sorry I jumped into the discussion. How that sort of error on my behalf allows you to be rude to the point of going where you went with it??? Wow.

I'll leave now. I've made my statement about how Paterno is not nearly the villains he's being made out to be. The anger should be channeled toward the real criminals, IMO.
Old 11-10-2011   #310
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel like Paterno is guilty by mere association.
GP.....c'mon man.

No one is saying Joe Pa touched these kids. But he would have to be a moron to have the report he got and years later still see Sandusky walking around PSU campus. Even in his old age Joe Pa would have realized "Hey, don't men that touch boys usually go to jail? I should probably follow up on this."

He failed and probably enable years more of this abuse. Plus now we are getting reports of basically a kiddie brothel.

Dude, c'mon man. Not trying to attack you so much as I am suprised to see you take this position is all.

Unfortunately I'm still on the run all day at work so I don't have time to expand much and have to just keep doing drive by hits.....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #311
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
It's rude to make blanket statements about me and what I would do about my kid if she were raped, just to try and put me in my place over this.

We can argue, you can say I'm a dumbass for not readin a 23-page legal document, whatever. But don't get personal with bringing my kids into it. I would never dare to go there with you and your loved ones, I will never sit here and allow you to get away with that against me. NEVER.

You crossed a line because you wanted to put me in my place, and you thought the quickest route to that destination would be to expose me as being somebody who passes the buck with other kids but would never want someone to pass the buck if it were an indecency with MY kids. Tell me how I'm wrong in this analysis here, Vinny. You crossed a line.

I'm sorry I didn't read your links. I'm sorry I jumped into the discussion. How that sort of error on my behalf allows you to be rude to the point of going where you went with it??? Wow.

I'll leave now. I've made my statement about how Paterno is not nearly the villains he's being made out to be. The anger should be channeled toward the real criminals, IMO.
go take your meds pards. You are totally incoherent now. I described the friggin' Paterno situation you fool.

Old 11-10-2011   #312
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I have anything else to say in this thread. I'm stuck between wanting to see justice done and never wanting to hear about this subject again. The last thing I want to do is talk about it some more.
Old 11-10-2011   #313
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Pa complaining about how he was fired, by a phone call, maybe he should have made a phone call a long time ago and this would have been stoped before so many more kids got hurt.
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #314
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your post made it clear that passing the buck is OK with you. No one else has to help define that. Passing the buck is also why this is a scandal. Had the cops been called, it would have been a crime that happened ten years ago.
Old 11-10-2011   #315
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Your post made it clear that passing the buck is OK with you. No one else has to help define that. Passing the buck is also why this is a scandal. Had the cops been called, it would have been a crime that happened ten years ago.
If it takes a whole village to raise one child then the village turned their back .
Old 11-10-2011   #316
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Joe Pa complaining about how he was fired, by a phone call, maybe he should have made a phone call a long time ago and this would have been stoped before so many more kids got hurt.
DING, DING DING!!!!

Exactly. Why is this hard to understand??

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #317
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think I have anything else to say in this thread. I'm stuck between wanting to see justice done and never wanting to hear about this subject again. The last thing I want to do is talk about it some more.
I'm pretty much here too. It's exhausting, depressing and does nothing but anger me every time I get anywhere near this subject...and the nature of my job means I've had to work this story non-stop.

My only wish? That they had cancelled PSU's game this Saturday. Even without Paterno, its going to be a 106,000 person pep rally for that old geezer, and now IMO? That pathetic morally bankrupt old geezer.

Think I'm done here unless something new pisses me off.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #318
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I took it as him using "you" in the general sense, clearly not you specifically. Your grasping at straws man........and not making a lot of sense here, just random made up what if's.
Old 11-10-2011   #319
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Example:

Calling the cops in response to a crime is the opposite of vigilantism. I realize you can continue to make bad examples to try and refute this, but that says more about your willingness to twist reality to back your rants than anything else.

Passing the buck and letting the matter drop when it is clear nothing was done is enabling the crime.
Old 11-10-2011   #320
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I'm pretty much here too. It's exhausting, depressing and does nothing but anger me every time I get anywhere near this subject...and the nature of my job means I've had to work this story non-stop.

My only wish? That they had cancelled PSU's game this Saturday. Even without Paterno, its going to be a 106,000 person pep rally for that old geezer, and now IMO? That pathetic morally bankrupt old geezer.

Think I'm done here unless something new pisses me off.

Lots of anger expressed here by most on this subject. Even toward each other.

I agree about cancelling the game, but we know that will not happen. $

Maybe someone could start a national movement to black ball the TV broadcast.

I wish I knew how.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read