Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011   #221
Showtime100
Got AJ?
 
Showtime100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin,Tx
Age: 51
Posts: 20,869
Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I hope everyone whining for his firing is happy. The football program will suffer for many years to come.
I read this in an article and at least the Board has been swift with the hammer.
This thread has been a terrible showing of what you think is important, but this post has left me with no doubt how............strange your sense of right and wrong are. You simply HAVE to be Cult Of Nittany Lion.

If possible, would you be one of those idiotic students protesting in the streets in Happy Valley right now ready to whip the first person you hear that thinks JoPA needed to go?
__________________
Thanks for taking my call. I'll hang up and listen.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #222
srrono
Hall of Fame
 
srrono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,572
Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Did you guys hear in the press conference spokesman said there a lot more info to be learned.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #223
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I can't imagine being in that same situation. That'd be pretty f'n shocking.

I want to say I dont know what I would have done but I know myself and I'd have picked up a sturdy but swingable object and cracked Sandusky over the head mid act.

I don't know the graduate assistants or whatever but something had to have been going on for no one to take serious action. I just don't believe that many cowards were in the same building together. Not one person pressed the issue?

Something is fishy about that. I honestly would not be surprised if this guy Sandusky hasn't threatened a few lives. Seems like everyone passed the buck. There had to have been some kind of fear involved. Fear of public ridicule, fear of Sandusky, fear of believing it's actually true.

Either way though I can't picture myself turning a blind eye. Me and sandy would have had issues. But I can't say that I hate all those involved. I'm just not wired like that. I don't know the full details and I'm sure some stuff has not been shared. Most likely there are other pieces of shit involved but I just don't know who they are exactly.

This is pretty serious shit. Like I said, I would not be surprised if some folks were quieted out of fear.

I haven't read everything that has come out about this so I may be speaking out of ignorance. I just haven't been able to even put a lot of thought into this because it literally makes me sick.

Sandusky was/is s deeply disturbed individual. No telling what lengths he went to in order to keep this under wraps.

I just can't imagine that many adults doing absolutely nothing. Pretty sad stuff.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #224
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,333
Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I hope everyone whining for his firing is happy. The football program will suffer for many years to come.
I read this in an article and at least the Board has been swift with the hammer.
I'm half happy. I'll be completely happy when he burns in hell. And who gives a flying **** about the football program when there are kids that have been raped? Let me guess, you'd be one of the ones covering this up with JoePa and Sandusky, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The thing that gets me about this case is that people are wanting to burn Joe Pa at the stake and the more I read into it, it does sound like he should have done more to get this coach out of there and anyone involved I'd say. Just skimming some of the pages in here, I"m finding out more and more and it's harder and harder to see the POV of some of the posters who want to defend Joe Pa. He wasn't the perpetrator though, and I can't believe that he is being WAY more talked about and burned here than the actual guy who did it.
Well first of all, there's not much disagreement re: Sandusky, and therefore not much to discuss. I think if a band of vigilantes impaled the bastard on a pitchfork in front of PSU, we'd all cheer, to some degree or another. Paterno, on the other hand, seems to be getting a pass from certain posters. Paterno was an educator at PSU for over 60 years. He knew damn well what should have happened and he chose to wash his hands of it and hide from it. Assuming JoePa is not in on it, that's worse in some ways. It's one thing to see a deranged sicko doing awful things to children. At least you know what you're dealing with. But when a sane, supposedly upstanding community figure, authority figure, educator, and mentor enables something like this, it's worse in some ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I wouldn't call them the fringe exception. I see more as a majority by far. I'm not arguing with your perspective though. I see exactly where you're coming from and understand your feelings here.
I think Arsenal might be one of the ones to whom you refer. Personally, I have referred to Michael Jackson as America's Favorite Pedophile because of the things you've noted. I think you're probably attributing that to the wrong people, though. I've also referred to Karl Malone as a pedo every time I've been given cause to mention his name.
__________________
Anyone but Schaub.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #225
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,651
Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm half happy. I'll be completely happy when he burns in hell. And who gives a flying **** about the football program when there are kids that have been raped? Let me guess, you'd be one of the ones covering this up with JoePa and Sandusky, right?



Well first of all, there's not much disagreement re: Sandusky, and therefore not much to discuss. I think if a band of vigilantes impaled the bastard on a pitchfork in front of PSU, we'd all cheer, to some degree or another. Paterno, on the other hand, seems to be getting a pass from certain posters. Paterno was an educator at PSU for over 60 years. He knew damn well what should have happened and he chose to wash his hands of it and hide from it. Assuming JoePa is not in on it, that's worse in some ways. It's one thing to see a deranged sicko doing awful things to children. At least you know what you're dealing with. But when a sane, supposedly upstanding community figure, authority figure, educator, and mentor enables something like this, it's worse in some ways.



I think Arsenal might be one of the ones to whom you refer. Personally, I have referred to Michael Jackson as America's Favorite Pedophile because of the things you've noted. I think you're probably attributing that to the wrong people, though. I've also referred to Karl Malone as a pedo every time I've been given cause to mention his name.
Great point on Karl Malone. How he somehow escaped that landmine that should have ran him out of the NBA at the time is sort of mind boggling when you think about it now. I forgot all about it myself, because it rarely ever even gets mentioned about the guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #226
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I could name a few, but then I'm just picking a fight and trying to make people look bad. Not my intention here. I tried to stay away from this thread the last few days, but I can't escape the subject every time I turn on the tv, the radio, or come in here. The coverage is non stop.

I hear about Jackson every day though with this current trial going on with hundreds of his supporters crying and celebrating this man and could care less about what facts were existent. I don't hear anyone in here mentioning that and their disgust for how much a pedophile is worshiped every day where that trial has been going on. Bag on Joe Pa for turning a blind eye if you want, but don't turn right around and do the same with these other entertainers who have done much worse and have actually been perpetrators of crimes like this.




I wouldn't call them the fringe exception. I see more as a majority by far. I'm not arguing with your perspective though. I see exactly where you're coming from and understand your feelings here.
I think the case against Sandusky is much more sound than a case against wacko was.

Not defending Jackson, but these two things aren't exactly the same. You have a bunch of adults that have admitted first hand knowledge of what was going on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #227
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,651
Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think the case against Sandusky is much more sound than a case against wacko was.

Not defending Jackson, but these two things aren't exactly the same. You have a bunch of adults that have admitted first hand knowledge of what was going on.
There were adults that worked at the Neverland Ranch that talked about all sorts of disgusting things that were going on back then. There were testimonies from children who described his private parts that were proven true by photos, there were MJ's own testimony of many things he did that were inappropriate as well. The Neverland Ranch was nothing more than a compound to lure children when you consider that he was sending children's parents away for weeks at a time that he barely even knew or had been acquainted with. I keep hearing the term "blind eye" and not wanting to know when referred to Joe Pa, but for some strange reason I never heard these same criticisms being targeted at Jackson's family members, close friends, and culprits that enjoyed the money he paid them to just act like he was "weird."
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #228
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,847
Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Let's not muck this thread up with Michael friggin' Jackson. Make a comparison thread over in the general forum if you think it's all that relevant. This is one of the biggest College scandals I'll ever witness in my lifetime. Let's talk about it and share information about College football in this College football forum. There has to be an Entertainment Tonight forum for your MJ trumps Paterno thoughts somewhere. (insert smiley of choice here)
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #229
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,847
Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Sandusky had 6 adopted kids and had numerous foster kids over the years. I keep reading tweets that say there is some big announcement coming out soon. I think this gets worse.
Quote:
Mr. Sandusky and his wife Dottie have six adopted children and had cared for foster children, which led them to start the nonprofit. Mr. Sandusky was inducted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame in 1999 and received awards for Second Mile including the 1993 NAACP Human Rights Award, the 1995 YMCA Service-To-Youth Award and the 1996 SGMA Heroes Award. President George Bush nationally recognized it as a philanthropic "Point Of Light" in November 1990.

"After we had taken in some foster children," Mrs. Sandusky told Sports Illustrated in 1982, "we saw the opportunities that some kids just hadn't had. But we'd gotten to the point where we couldn't take in any more, so Jerry started thinking about starting a group home."

It was also within the charity that Mr. Sandusky "found his victims," a grand jury presentment stated. "Through The Second Mile, Sandusky had access to hundreds of boys, many of whom were vulnerable due to their social situations."
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11310...#ixzz1dHPUHX00

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/...andusky-twice/
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #230
mattieuk
Site Contributor
 
mattieuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,316
Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

A horrible horrible story.

I cannot say that I've seen all the evidence available - but if sure looks like there are a few guilty parties in this case for not reporting this to the highest possible law enforcement bodies when finding out about the abuse. With the amount of charges that are being leveled in this case - I can't imagine that the crimes were trail-less - and sadly that seems to include many members of the Penn State hierarchy.

The decisions to keep this 'in house' are the most damning part of the response to the crimes committed - and for men who are in a duty of care, they completely failed their roles. Despite being educators of young men, their training and experience should be able to cover a broad base of ages - and as part of their training would know protocol and proper procedure for cases like this.

It is a sickening affair - caused by one horrible man, and made worse by many more.
__________________
Eat Football. Sleep Football. Watch Texans.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #231
pbat488
gig 'em
 
pbat488's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 77098
Age: 26
Posts: 1,437
Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

this is absolutely insane. penn st had to fire joe pa, the president, and probably should get rid of anyone still in a position of power from the time of this incident.

also, there's this from sportsbybrooks tonight..

Quote:
I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.

This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.

edit: penn state students rioting are absolutely retarded. complete disgust at that.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #232
srrono
Hall of Fame
 
srrono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,572
Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
this is absolutely insane. penn st had to fire joe pa, the president, and probably should get rid of anyone still in a position of power from the time of this incident.

also, there's this from sportsbybrooks tonight..




edit: penn state students rioting are absolutely retarded. complete disgust at that.

I just cant imagine how much worse it could be. More victims that I already thought. Maybe another molester? Could Sandusky be HIV positive? Horrify the public is really scaring me. I dont know how much more I can hear.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #233
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 6,932
Rep Power: 86144 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

I'm relieved to see that the Trustees did the right thing. Its the first correct decision they have made on this whole sordid mess.
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #234
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Grams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Humble, TX
Posts: 1,250
Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The thing that gets me about this case is that people are wanting to burn Joe Pa at the stake and the more I read into it, it does sound like he should have done more to get this coach out of there and anyone involved I'd say. Just skimming some of the pages in here, I"m finding out more and more and it's harder and harder to see the POV of some of the posters who want to defend Joe Pa. He wasn't the perpetrator though, and I can't believe that he is being WAY more talked about and burned here than the actual guy who did it.

What gets me the most is all of the inconsistencies on this subject though. Shoot, for the last few years I've been having to hear posters on this board, celebs, and other random folks all over the place praising the biggest child molester of all time in Michael Jackson who had a pedophile ranch, paid off his accusers, openly admitted to doing all types of things that were obvious as day, and yet so many people have turned a blind eye to all of that and just stated that he was "weird" or that his daddy messed him up and all types of pathetic spin efforts. Sorry, but this may be from left field, but I think half the people in this thread that are wanting Joe Pa burned at the stake are big time hypocrites, because I remember hearing a lot of people celebrating MJ when he passed and wanting to "look the other way" every time it was mentioned, and MJ was far bigger than this story if people really wanted to read about all of that stuff that went on. MIKE TYSON is another perfect example as well. Dude raped a woman and sexually assaulted Peter Welcsh's daughter when she was a minor and also beat the living crap out of Robyn Givens, yet Mike Tyson is hardly ever even mentioned amongst rapists and guys of this kind and his career and his legacy is constantly being headlined and covered as if these things never happened. It is sounding more and more like Joe Pa's criticisms here are warrented though, the more that I read about what he "had to have known" at certain points. Joe Pa could have had this guy fired no question. He had more power and seniority than anyone at that program.

Sorry, I know that this post is going to tick a few people off. It wasn't my intention, so I'll apologize for how it may have come off, but if rape and pedophilia is so wrong which it damn sure is, then folks need to be a lot more consistent when putting the clues together and turning a blind eye because of who they like or dislike as entertainers, coaches, and athletes.
Agree - I tried to rep you, but got that thingy that I must spred rep.
__________________
All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #235
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer
 
BattleRedToro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 2,432
Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I just cant imagine how much worse it could be. More victims that I already thought. Maybe another molester? Could Sandusky be HIV positive? Horrify the public is really scaring me. I dont know how much more I can hear.
I can think of a few ways that it would be worse.

1) Sandusky was part of a group that took turns raping boys in a tag team fashion.

2) Sandusky murdered some of the rape victims or hired someone to do it.

3) Sandusky performed satanic human sacrifice rituals while murdering rape victims.

4) Sandusky cannibalized some of his murdered rape victims.

I'm sure there are others who can imagine some other shocking revelations.
__________________
"Hey fool, this ain't no football game!" - Mr. T
BattleRedToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #236
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM
 
PsychoLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 463
Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

If an older woman chasing after a younger guy is called a cougar, is an older man chasing after a young boy called a Nittany Lion?
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #237
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead
 
HTown2ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 4,138
Rep Power: 67843 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

I didn't have a chance to post last night.

I read the full grand jury report. 1st, I want to wash my brain and became nauseated, 2nd, it confirmed for me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Joe Pa knew WTF was going on and did not do enough, sorry Joe Pa supporters, he didn't and I scoff at you frankly. He even said "I didn't do enough"...case effing closed.

I was glad that he was fired last night and those students who protested showed just why college kids are morons for the most part and why I have no respect for most colleges.

Anyway, I'm on the fly just getting into work so I can't expand, but I am friggin pissed after reading that report.
__________________

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #238
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 19,216
Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I didn't have a chance to post last night.

I read the full grand jury report. 1st, I want to wash my brain and became nauseated, 2nd, it confirmed for me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Joe Pa knew WTF was going on and did not do enough, sorry Joe Pa supporters, he didn't and I scoff at you frankly. He even said "I didn't do enough"...case effing closed.

I was glad that he was fired last night and those students who protested showed just why college kids are morons for the most part and why I have no respect for most colleges.

Anyway, I'm on the fly just getting into work so I can't expand, but I am friggin pissed after reading that report.
Right now Joe is hoping this is as bad as it gets but I don't think so . It's rumored all over that the second wave is about to hit . Sandusky had adopted 6 kids and had numerous foster children .

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11310...?cmpid=psu.xml
__________________
I wanted to write something big .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #239
toronto
Hall of Fame
 
toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Age: 42
Posts: 6,932
Rep Power: 86144 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

This is the "cole's notes" version of what went down with Saundusky.

Sandusky's victims all reported a wide array of sexual abuse allegations. Sandusky, who is married, met many of them through The Second Mile. Many spent the night at his home. He brought them to Philadelphia Eagles games, plus Penn State practices, tailgate parties, and home games. One of the victims traveled to the 1998 Outback Bowl and the 1999 Alamo Bowl as a member of Sandusky's family's party. That same victim often stayed with Sandusky at a State College-area hotel on the night before home games. He also frequently dined with the coaching staff and accompanied Sandusky to numerous charity outings. Sandusky had lavished this victim with a variety of gifts. According to the report, "Sandusky even guaranteed [this victim] he could be a walk-on player at Penn State. [The victim] was in a video about linebackers that featured Sandusky, and he appeared with him in a photo accompanying an article about Sandusky in Sports Illustrated." Sandusky later tried to bribe this victim with cigarettes and marijuana after this victim began refusing his advances.

Also: "[This victim] remembers Sandusky being emotionally upset after having a meeting with Joe Paterno in which Paterno told Sandusky he would not be the next head coach at Penn State and which preceded Sandusky's retirement. Sandusky told the victim not to tell anyone about the meeting. That meeting occurred in May 1999."

Sandusky was investigated by university police in 1998 after a mother reported to them that her 11-year-old son had showered with Sandusky. A university police detective and a municipal police detective later eavesdropped on a conversation between the mother and Sandusky in which Sandusky answered "I don't know ... maybe" when the mother asked him if he had touched her son inappropriately. He also admitted he had showered with the boy to an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. The university police detective advised Sandusky not to shower with a child again, and Sandusky promised he would not. No charges were filed.

In March 2002, a graduate assistant stumbled upon Sandusky and a boy showering together at Penn State's football facility. The grand jury report included the horrifying details of what that graduate assistant saw and heard:

As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and the showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put his sneakers in his locker, he looked in the shower. He saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both [the victim] and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant informed Joe Paterno the next day, and Paterno told Curley the day after that. About a week and a half after that, the graduate assistant met with Curley and Gary Schultz, Penn State's Vice President for Finance and Business and the other school administrator to be charged with perjury and failure to report an allegation. The graduate assistant described what he saw as being of a "sexual nature." Paterno said the graduate assistant had told him Sandusky's actions were "disturbing" and "inappropriate." Curley acknowledged to the grand jury that he was told Sandusky's actions were "inappropriate" and that they had made the graduate assistant "uncomfortable"; however, Curley denied under oath that he was told Sandusky had done anything sexual. Schultz conceded under oath that the graduate assistant had told him of inappropriate sexual conduct. But he also testified that the allegations were "not that serious" and that he and Curley were unaware any crime had taken place.

It is worth noting here what Paterno did upon hearing a first-hand story from a "very upset" graduate assistant, in the words of the report, about "Jerry Sandusky ... fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy": Paterno took no action except to tell his athletic director.

Curley and Schultz did tell Penn State president Graham Spanier what they had heard, but Spanier told the grand jury that Curley and Schultz had described Sandusky's actions to him as mere "horsing around in the shower." Spanier also denied any knowledge of the 1998 investigation of Sandusky by university police. Spanier issued a statement Saturday saying Curley and Schultz had his "unconditional support."

Schultz's duties included oversight of the university police. He testified that he was aware of the 1998 incident and acknowledged similarities between it and the 2002 allegations. But according to the grand jury report, Schultz "never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the university did so. Schultz did not ask the graduate assistant for specifics. No one ever did. Schultz expressed surprise upon learning that the 1998 investigation by University Police produced a lengthy police report. Schultz said there was never any discussion between himself and Curley about turning the 2002 incident over to any police agency." The graduate assistant was also never questioned by police.

Sandusky was told he could no longer bring children into Penn State's football facility in light of the 2002 incident, and the executive director of The Second Mile was made aware of that fact, in addition to the incident. Schultz testified that Spanier had approved this decision. Schultz also said he believed he and Curley had informed a "child protection agency" about the 2002 incident. Curley also admitted "the ban on bringing children to the campus was unenforceable," in the words of the report.

Records show that the 2002 incident was never reported to the Department of Public Welfare, Children and Youth Services, or the university police, in violation of state law.

The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reported Saturday that a source close to the investigation said Paterno would not be charged and that he would testify against Sandusky at trial.

One of Sandusky's victims told the grand jury Sandusky had brought him to Penn State's preseason practices in 2007a full five years after Paterno was made aware of sexual activity involving Sandusky and another boy.

Anyone that reads this cannot possibly question why Paterno was fired. If anything, I wish they would shut down the game this Saturday and stop the inevitable Paterno pep rally we will all have to watch on Saturday. (I won't that's for friggging sure)
__________________
When I lost you honey sometimes, I think I lost my guts too....

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #240
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 6,042
Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
This is the "cole's notes" version of what went down with Saundusky.

Sandusky's victims all reported a wide array of sexual abuse allegations. Sandusky, who is married, met many of them through The Second Mile. Many spent the night at his home. He brought them to Philadelphia Eagles games, plus Penn State practices, tailgate parties, and home games. One of the victims traveled to the 1998 Outback Bowl and the 1999 Alamo Bowl as a member of Sandusky's family's party. That same victim often stayed with Sandusky at a State College-area hotel on the night before home games. He also frequently dined with the coaching staff and accompanied Sandusky to numerous charity outings. Sandusky had lavished this victim with a variety of gifts. According to the report, "Sandusky even guaranteed [this victim] he could be a walk-on player at Penn State. [The victim] was in a video about linebackers that featured Sandusky, and he appeared with him in a photo accompanying an article about Sandusky in Sports Illustrated." Sandusky later tried to bribe this victim with cigarettes and marijuana after this victim began refusing his advances.

Also: "[This victim] remembers Sandusky being emotionally upset after having a meeting with Joe Paterno in which Paterno told Sandusky he would not be the next head coach at Penn State and which preceded Sandusky's retirement. Sandusky told the victim not to tell anyone about the meeting. That meeting occurred in May 1999."

Sandusky was investigated by university police in 1998 after a mother reported to them that her 11-year-old son had showered with Sandusky. A university police detective and a municipal police detective later eavesdropped on a conversation between the mother and Sandusky in which Sandusky answered "I don't know ... maybe" when the mother asked him if he had touched her son inappropriately. He also admitted he had showered with the boy to an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. The university police detective advised Sandusky not to shower with a child again, and Sandusky promised he would not. No charges were filed.

In March 2002, a graduate assistant stumbled upon Sandusky and a boy showering together at Penn State's football facility. The grand jury report included the horrifying details of what that graduate assistant saw and heard:

As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and the showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put his sneakers in his locker, he looked in the shower. He saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both [the victim] and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant informed Joe Paterno the next day, and Paterno told Curley the day after that. About a week and a half after that, the graduate assistant met with Curley and Gary Schultz, Penn State's Vice President for Finance and Business and the other school administrator to be charged with perjury and failure to report an allegation. The graduate assistant described what he saw as being of a "sexual nature." Paterno said the graduate assistant had told him Sandusky's actions were "disturbing" and "inappropriate." Curley acknowledged to the grand jury that he was told Sandusky's actions were "inappropriate" and that they had made the graduate assistant "uncomfortable"; however, Curley denied under oath that he was told Sandusky had done anything sexual. Schultz conceded under oath that the graduate assistant had told him of inappropriate sexual conduct. But he also testified that the allegations were "not that serious" and that he and Curley were unaware any crime had taken place.

It is worth noting here what Paterno did upon hearing a first-hand story from a "very upset" graduate assistant, in the words of the report, about "Jerry Sandusky ... fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy": Paterno took no action except to tell his athletic director.

Curley and Schultz did tell Penn State president Graham Spanier what they had heard, but Spanier told the grand jury that Curley and Schultz had described Sandusky's actions to him as mere "horsing around in the shower." Spanier also denied any knowledge of the 1998 investigation of Sandusky by university police. Spanier issued a statement Saturday saying Curley and Schultz had his "unconditional support."

Schultz's duties included oversight of the university police. He testified that he was aware of the 1998 incident and acknowledged similarities between it and the 2002 allegations. But according to the grand jury report, Schultz "never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the university did so. Schultz did not ask the graduate assistant for specifics. No one ever did. Schultz expressed surprise upon learning that the 1998 investigation by University Police produced a lengthy police report. Schultz said there was never any discussion between himself and Curley about turning the 2002 incident over to any police agency." The graduate assistant was also never questioned by police.

Sandusky was told he could no longer bring children into Penn State's football facility in light of the 2002 incident, and the executive director of The Second Mile was made aware of that fact, in addition to the incident. Schultz testified that Spanier had approved this decision. Schultz also said he believed he and Curley had informed a "child protection agency" about the 2002 incident. Curley also admitted "the ban on bringing children to the campus was unenforceable," in the words of the report.

Records show that the 2002 incident was never reported to the Department of Public Welfare, Children and Youth Services, or the university police, in violation of state law.

The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reported Saturday that a source close to the investigation said Paterno would not be charged and that he would testify against Sandusky at trial.

One of Sandusky's victims told the grand jury Sandusky had brought him to Penn State's preseason practices in 2007a full five years after Paterno was made aware of sexual activity involving Sandusky and another boy.

Anyone that reads this cannot possibly question why Paterno was fired. If anything, I wish they would shut down the game this Saturday and stop the inevitable Paterno pep rally we will all have to watch on Saturday. (I won't that's for friggging sure)
Provide the link (for the website and my personal use)
__________________
It doesn't just seem like I was talking down to people, I was. (Runner 8/4/09).
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger