Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Win 1's coming--soon?

The next few weeks for the Texans:

at Seattle
Indy
Cleveland
at Jacksonville
at Indy
Kansas City
St. Louis
at Baltimore

When does the first win come, if not against the Titans? I dunno
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I've been wondering the same thing. The next best chance is Cleveland at home, but realistically, at this point what we are looking for is that one team who will so overlook the Texans that we beat them. That is looking like our best opportunity...a team who forgets about the Texans... :brickwall
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Proteus
Rookie

I hold no hopes for this team. Win #1 will come next season after a fresh lineup.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Elite
Veteran

WoW Houston Vs Cleveland the battle of the two future hall of famers out fresno state Trent The Great Dilfer Vs David The Fraud Carr.
Old 10-09-2005   #5
evil_scotsman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
The next few weeks for the Texans:

at Seattle
Indy
Cleveland
at Jacksonville
at Indy
Kansas City
St. Louis
at Baltimore

When does the first win come, if not against the Titans? I dunno
Seattle - Doing very good right now. Shaun Alexander will run all over us.

Indy - The offence from last year with an even better defence.

Cleveland - Romeo Crennel's working wonders down there, they'll beat us.

Jacksonville - They're also really good.

Indy - Yup, again

KC - Same as Indy

St Lious - The D is suspect... but the offence is far too good.

Baltimore - Possibly. They've got more problems than us.
evil_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #6
outofhnd
All Pro

I think one team that has it worse than us is the oakland raiders. after watching dallas and Oak. and how they have top tier talent but they get penalized everytime the ball is snapped i think i would go crazy atleast with houston we know we dont have the roster depth to be looked at as a real winner. Oakland made so many changes everyone was thinking superbowl. and got their first win by luck. i think i would be a little miffed.
Old 10-09-2005   #7
Proteus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
WoW Houston Vs Cleveland the battle of the two future hall of famers out fresno state Trent The Great Dilfer Vs David The Fraud Carr.
David The Fraud Carr? I like that. That is exactly what he is. We wasted a first pick overall on that guy?? Good thinking on our part. David The Fraud Carr ... thats good stuff!
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

No way in hell we can beat the baltimore ravens...Sorry but no
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope the Texans win before this but i say the Cards
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
We don't play Arizona this year.
yea we do. week 15
Old 10-09-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

no problem. i do that all the time
Old 10-09-2005   #12
GoJags16
Rookie

I think sooner or later yalls team is gonna get pissed off enough to actually upset someone. Could even be this week. If not then maybe Cleveland, Im not sold on them yet. Just as long as its not my Jags (again, twice) then Im good to go.

You could do us Jag fans a favor and play spoiler to the colts like you did to us last year
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

Seattle went on a tear today scoring 35 points, beat them at home, nope.
Indy-no way!

We will be lucky to beat Cleveland, but I say that will be our first win.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #14
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not holding out much hope that the Seattle game will be win 1, but I think that the Cleveland game COULD be an emotional key. It was that team that humiliated the Texans in the last game of the season last year, and that's pretty much where this downhill slide started.

If not Cleveland, it'll be either Tennessee or one of the Jax games. It's hard to beat a team twice in one year in the NFL (unless you're looking at the Colts/Texans record, of course) and I do think at some point pride will become an issue for the Texans. Division games are good spots for emotion-driven wins, but I can see Cleveland being that kind of emotional do-or-die point too.

Maybe it's those dying embers of optimism I still keep trying to heat up. I have to believe..... I just can't believe that my fan-hood is being reduced to looking for A win instead of the "next" win. Ouch.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #15
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

January 1st, 2006! That will our 1st and only win of the season I'm sorry to say. We'll beat the 49ers and even then we'll need all the luck we can get I'm sure. Cleveland, we won't beat on any of the performances we have thrown at opposition so far this season. And I actually tried to be realistic about teams like Seattle, Baltimore but either the teams we face have a better defence then our offence or vice versa or they beat us in both departments...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read