Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2011   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
"Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived." - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

I have studied a bit of philosophy in my time. This type of nihilism seemed to me to be a "look how cool-cynical I am" position. It seemed lazy to me too; proponents don't have to prove anything, just demand that others prove competing theories correct.

That's how I feel about the subject in philosophical banter anyway. Moral nihilism as a guiding principle in real life is degenerate.

I suspect those who claim to believe such crap only believe it when they aren't on the receiving end of what they would consider degenerate behavior.
As a society if you can't protect your elderly , women , and children the what does that say ?

Other things I've gathered from this ........

Have we become so enamored with sports that we put that in front of all things ?

It's funny that some folks talk about Sandusky being gay . He wasn't gay he was a pedophile , a child rapist . It doesn't make a guy who rapes a 10 year old girl straight either .

I've read where Sandusky is the most dangerous type of pedophile . The nice guy who goes in and gains confidence in the family or child and then abuses them . It makes me start thinking about my kids and was someone trying to get his foot in the door . That's what stuff like this does it makes you wonder . Having said that , any grown man coming around my house showering my kids with gifts and such would have set off alarms . I've always thought that women are the more pateral ones and have been leery of males who want to get close to other peoples kids .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read