Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-08-2011   #81
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That's not the right thing. That's the corporate thing. Protecting brand image isn't more important than protecting the children.
They were not protecting brand image and all the right people will pay the piper big time for this and that day I can't wait to see occur.
Old 11-08-2011   #82
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
They were not protecting brand image and all the right people will pay the piper big time for this and that day I can't wait to see occur.
dude, you are in total denial. They protected the Penn St brand....it was more important than having a scandal and saving more kids from the same fate. By not saying anything to the Police it helped him secure MORE VICTIMS. It was all about protecting the image/brand of the football program.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #83
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
You may take as many personal shots at me as you like. What he did was the right thing according to the law because that was where his legal responsibility ends. Legally he did what he had to do. Unless the law doesn't matter then there shouldn't be one.
You better hope you don't need help one day and someone like you is the only person who is watching.

Old 11-08-2011   #84
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 48491 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Legally he did what he had to do. Unless the law doesn't matter then there shouldn't be one.
Dude, I see what you are saying on the one hand as far as letter of the law, however, I would hope that you would also take the responsibility to make sure light was shined on the issue on your own if that is what was needed.

We're not talking about covering up free gifts or tattoos or prostitues for players....we're talking about children being raped.

And I know you're not crazy about kids as you posted earlier either in this thread or the one about the dog booter, but still, just as a human, the fact this was kids getting raped in real life, not on SVU (which I can't even watch the ones involving kids anymore), should move anyone to take action.

It's that basic man. (just using you to make my point, not a personal shot)

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #85
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dude, you are in total denial. They protected the Penn St brand....it was more important than having a scandal and saving more kids from the same fate. By not saying anything to the Police it helped him secure MORE VICTIMS. It was all about protecting the image/brand of the football program.
The bosses who just sat back did protect the brand. Blame them they SAT BACK. Not everyone goes to the cops nor is it required.
Old 11-08-2011   #86
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
The bosses who just sat back did protect the brand. Blame them they SAT BACK. Not everyone goes to the cops nor is it required.
Joe Paterno is just the same as the others who didn't act Gary. Paterno WAS THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM...those guys worked for him as much as he worked under him. You aren't a morally decent man if kids are getting raped anally and orally under your nose. Sadly I'm ashamed you think this way.

Old 11-08-2011   #87
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Earlier when I got home I tuned into ESPN and the first thing I saw was Matt Millen shedding tears while trying to talk about this mess. Up until today I hadn't read much on this whole thing, but now I know why he was crying.

I've read through the years, maybe an article here, a few years later an article there, about how Penn State will go to great lengths to guard their players when they get in trouble with the law, how they get away with being complete social thorns towards the student body in general (beating students up...etc....etc) on campus and Paterno would always turn a blind eye.

I guess that goes for everyone in the program and a simple aggravated assault on a student was just the tip of the iceberg to what they would do to protect their scholarships and standing in the NCAA community.

This story is too horrible to even comprehend at this point. Speaking of iceberg tips, I have a feeling when we see what's under the surface Paterno will..........I don't even know. This is going to get so ugly it boggles the mind.
Old 11-08-2011   #88
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
He already said he took it to the athletic director. Let's not act like he didn't know about any of it.
Where did I say that? Read the thread let's not put words in the mouth of others either.
Old 11-08-2011   #89
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Joe Paterno is more a boss at Penn State than any person every at that institution. There are people with titles that sound more important than him, but he is as close to being a singular representative of the university than any other person to any other institution in the country.
Old 11-08-2011   #90
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 48491 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
This is going to get so ugly it boggles the mind.
Exactly. They found vic #9 and who knows how many more will come out now (and I'm sure unfortunately some will be fraudulent trying to get some $$ on what will surely be a mammoth law suit) but this will get way, way ugly.

For those of us not Penn St fans trying to debate what should or shouldn't happen to Joe Pa., I offer the opinion of my dad, who is from Pittsburgh and is a die hard anything Pittsburgh and/or surrounding area so college wise he is a a life long Penn St and Pitt fan.

That said, even he believes Joe had to have known more than is revealed right now and that basically he needs to be gone as of yesterday/immediately and that the University needs to be spanked hard.

Which I agree with, Joe has blood on his hands morally if not legally and believe me I am not the moral police. This situation will and rightfully should tarnish him.

(To head anyone off, I understand my dad's opinion has not actual relevance on the matter other than to offer a true Penn States fan on the situation and that is all.)

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #91
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX9MC...BB1C264D8076AD

An interview from a few years back...start watching at the 3:30 mark where he starts talking about his foundation. Really pay attention to his quote at 4:09.

What rope was he talking about....prison will take care of him.
Old 11-08-2011   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
There can be little doubt that Paterno has known since at least 1998 that Sandusky had a “problem” with “inappropriate behavior” toward children, i.e., he was a child molester. That’s when the campus police did a six-week investigation after a mother reported to them that her 11-year-old son had showered with Sandusky. From the grand jury report:

The mother of Victim 6 confronted Sandusky about showering with her son, the effect it had had on her son, whether Sandusky had sexual feelings when he hugged her naked son in the shower, and where Victim 6′s buttocks were when Sandusky hugged him in the shower. Sandusky said he had showered with other boys and Victim 6′s mother tried to make him promise never to shower with a boy again but he would not. She asked him if his “private parts” had touched Victim 6 when he bear-hugged him. Sandusky replied, “I don’t know . . . maybe.” At the conclusion of the second conversation, after Sandusky was told he could not see Victim 6 any more, Sandusky said, “I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead.”

This conversation, in which Sandusky in effect admits that there are other victims, and even refuses to say he’ll stop victimizing children, was surreptitiously observed by a PSU police detective, who was then ordered by the head of campus police to drop the matter. (The local district attorney, who for unknown reasons decided not to press charges, disappeared in 2005 and was declared legally dead in July).
Quote:
In any event Paterno did acknowledge in his grand jury testimony that he’s known since at least 2002 that Sandusky was a child molester, although incredibly enough now he’s even trying to walk back that admission. He testified that Mike McQueary told him he had seen Sandusky “fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy” in the PSU football locker room showers (McQueary testified that he saw Sandusky anally raping the child). Now in his statement Paterno is trying to get people to believe that he was told that his 58-year-old lifelong friend and co-worker was doing something “inappropriate” to a ten-year-old boy in a shower, but that he had no idea it was anything all that bad: certainly not bad enough to cause Paterno — by far the most powerful person in the PSU AD and arguably the most powerful person on campus — to wonder why the only thing that happened to Sandusky was that he was told not to bring the kids he was raping into the locker room any more (Sandusky retained all his access privileges to the campus until yesterday, and indeed was running football camps for young boys on Joe Paterno’s hallowed football field until two years ago).
http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/...1/living-a-lie

Old 11-08-2011   #93
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
anyone hear about Kalie Wong's story about Joe Pa? A couple of years back Wong stated that a player told him that Joe Paterno used to go into the team shower naked, take a shower with them and SCRUB THE BACKS OF SOME OF THE PLAYERS. Not making this up. Ask Lance Z.

at the very least this is creepy, creepy stuff.....it also makes one think that he may be a sicko too. Those types hide in plain view.
It was on LZ's show. Confirmed.

I thought I heard it on sean&john but it was on wong's former segment on John&Lance (RIP)

It was creepy then.....exponentially creepier now
Old 11-08-2011   #94
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that these children were quite young, and Boys to boot, and the time line was long, Every last MF that saw or knew about this with out going to the police should rot in Jail, If I was that bonehead student that saw it first I would have beat the daylights out of the stupid pervert and asked the cops to get that carcas of the campus.
Old 11-08-2011   #95
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

sooo..

an older woman that chases a younger man is called a cougar, right?

does that mean an older man that chases a younger man is called a nittany lion?

i'm going to hell

edit: hopefully I can kick the shit outta jerry sandusky while i'm there though
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #96
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point is this that it's asinine to legally punish Paterno when he fulfilled his legal responsibility.
legally you are right

Morally? Different story
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #97
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You may take as many personal shots at me as you like. What he did was the right thing according to the law because that was where his legal responsibility ends. Legally he did what he had to do. Unless the law doesn't matter then there shouldn't be one.
Paterno should have known that if the accused were still working there, a cover up was happening and contacted authorities. Tell me how many more got "victimized" because of his silence?
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #98
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that really disturbs me is Sandusky himself . I have a friend in law enforcement who told me that the reason they post sex and age on the sex offender site is that's the offender's flavor . Sandusky knew how to scheme because he was a DC . This dude schemed this whole foundation up to bring the chicks to the chicken hawk . I can't help but think about the FBI profiling Jack The Ripper saying he couldn't have done it by himself that he needed an accompllice , a little man . The guy started that foundation in 1977 and was comfortable enough to be in the PSU shower with a boy . He should never be allowed in public again , he is a danger to society .
Old 11-08-2011   #99
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59976 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
legally you are right

Morally? Different story
Co-signed. You've got someone raping, molesting little boys and you've become aware. To say that telling the AD is 'sufficient' makes my skin crawl.

If, and that is an important word, IF these allegations (and the line is so damn long I don't know how this will ever be proven to be false) are true, there are a lot of PSU folks that need to go behind bars, and if I am a PSU fan, I turn in that ****ing white pom pom and boycott games until Paterno and the entire staff, administration, hell the mascot too are all replaced.

Unless of course they're complete and total idiots that still believe despite a damning pile of evidence that Paterno is still a decent man. I'll choose to believe the Attorney General and others that suggest otherwise.

This makes the SMU scandal look like petty theft. This is as bad as it gets. I can't imagine what ex-PSU LBs like Shane Conlan are thinking right now.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Everybody needs to die... including the grad student and his father. Eff them all. You could not pay me enough money to turn a blind eye to a ten year old getting anally raped. Douse them all with gasoline and let them burn. Sick mother****ers.
This X 10000000∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
**** his legacy.

His new legacy? I swept rape and molesting kids under the rug and am going straight to hell.
QFT.

Quote:
Personal shame is more damaging than what any of these members could hope for.
What a bunch of horse shit. If the guy had a conscience that would bother him for the rest of his life, he would have had a conscience to report this abuse to the police.

NBA lockout can't end soon enough...

Quote:
You are morally obligated to protect children, man. If you cannot comprehend this basic premise, then you still have a lot to learn. No offense intended in any sort of way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read