Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-08-2011   #61
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Sex Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Penn State should demolish the shower room and rebuild it too.
^^^^^THIS

I thought about this too....if I was a player my skin would crawl going in there right now. Unfortuately due to some of the graphic descriptions of the shower episode my mind'e eye is all fuqed up right now and any time I would go in that shower would be haunting if I was a player on that team.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #62
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
What Joe knew or did not know really? Can anyone seriously say Joe didnt know, I mean what ever he was told he thought was important enough to alert his superiors and hide from authorities so it wouldnt hurt image of program. The legal system may not get all these people who turned a blind eye to this situation. After this plays out there will be some major money paid out by Penn State and all involved. Penn State should demolish the shower room and rebuild it too.
Then, where were THEY?
Old 11-08-2011   #63
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
We do not know what Joe knew or did not know but yet we are ready to crucify him. It was reported that he told his supervisors after being alerted. Why not go to the cops? I don't know but it is weird that Joe was ready and willing to talk this morning but the university chickened out. Something deeply wrong has occurred without any doubt but it just seems to me like people are willing to just rake others over the coals before the eggs have hatched. The story is very sick and sad and there will be heck to pay in the end but let's let the investigation conclude and the final report come out then do the raking itself.
Joe Paterno knew about it and took it to Penn State's athletic director. It seems like everyone took it to the 'higher up' in the university and everyone failed to notified the police. I honestly don't understand why this wasn't taken to the cops. Paterno, Curley, the grad student, the janitors, etc.. Someone should have gotten the cops involved here.

Quote:
Paterno notified athletic director Tim Curley --fulfilling his legal responsibility -- but not law-enforcement authorities. Curley, charged with felony perjury and failing to report an alleged sex charge involving children, was arraigned Monday and released after posting bail.

While Paterno appears to be out of the woods legally, other key Penn State officials are facing action or could face action in the future. Asked Monday whether university president Graham Spanier is a target, Kelly said, "This is an ongoing investigation."
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...hool-negligent
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #64
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then, where were THEY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Joe Paterno knew about it and took it to Penn State's athletic director. It seems like everyone took it to the 'higher up' in the university and everyone failed to notified the police. I honestly don't understand why this wasn't taken to the cops. Paterno, Curley, the grad student, the janitors, etc.. Someone should have gotten the cops involved here.

The AD and the president turned theirselves in .

To me Paterno enabled Sandusky from the minute he found out by not calling the police . What you except you condone and the fact that he was still running that foundation reeks of something much bigger .
Old 11-08-2011   #65
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

And, why didn't the director do anything? Except for the grad student we are just guessing that everyone knew the specifics about what was going on. They all reported it and probably all had faith the people who held more power than them was going to do the right thing.
Old 11-08-2011   #66
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not brain surgery. This was a cover up. They swept it under the rug trying to keep Penn State out of the Headlines.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then, where were THEY?
who cares? Gary, if I ran a football program and someone was abusing you, do you think your Mom would think it is ok if I just told my boss and didn't contact the police?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
You're trying to preach to me like I would care what you believe. All I ask is to interrogate him. I guess it's better for all of us to jump to conclusions. I forgot in this country, you are guilty until proven innocent. People will also think I'm siding with PSU.
I don't preach. Besides, I already know you are a bit of a degenerate since you thought kicking a puppy and killing him was kind funny. You lost most of your credibility with me without even trying pards.

Old 11-08-2011   #69
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Everybody needs to die... including the grad student and his father. Eff them all. You could not pay me enough money to turn a blind eye to a ten year old getting anally raped. Douse them all with gasoline and let them burn. Sick mother****ers.
this
Old 11-08-2011   #70
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And, why didn't the director do anything? Except for the grad student we are just guessing that everyone knew the specifics about what was going on. They all reported it and probably all had faith the people who held more power than them was going to do the right thing.
you call 911 end of story... how the grad student didn't beat the old man to within an inch of his worthless life is beyond me.... sick sack of shit...
Old 11-08-2011   #71
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
you call 911 end of story... how the grad student didn't beat the old man to within an inch of his worthless life is beyond me.... sick sack of shit...
What else is going on at Penn that the instinct of this grad student is to keep this info in the fold of Penn state, instead of calling the police automaticly I mean it seems to point to a pattern of corruption or secrets. PENN STATE chose to protect itself instead of the kids.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #72
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If I'm an ex or current PSU player , I'm bathing in chlorox today .
If I'm a current player, I tell Penn State you can still pay for the rest of my education at _______ University but I won't play another down for this school.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #73
gary
Hall of Fame

I would have called because that is just who I am but I would have just done the right thing just by telling school authorities. I still have respect for Joe and feel people are jumping the gun without all the facts.
Old 11-08-2011   #74
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What else is going on at Penn that the instinct of this grad student is to keep this info in the fold of Penn state, instead of calling the police automaticly I mean it seems to point to a pattern of corruption or secrets. PENN STATE chose to protect itself instead of the kids.
I think as a 23 year old I would have saw it and gathered myself because I wouldn't have believed it . As the realization set in I would have done something .
Old 11-08-2011   #75
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think as a 23 year old I would have saw it and gathered myself because I wouldn't have believed it . As the realization set in I would have done something .
I have a instant powder keg non-fuse when I happen across crazy stuff that needs immediate action and I tend not to think. Obviously I have never come across something like this, but I know myself, and I suspect I would have grabbed the closest hard object and procedd to beat his brains in....quite literally....and hoped that since I walked in on it, plus the kids testimony...would keep me out of prison.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #76
gary
Hall of Fame

Can't we at least hear what Joe has to say or do we just not care that much? I think we can.
Old 11-08-2011   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I would have called because that is just who I am but I would have just done the right thing just by telling school authorities. I still have respect for Joe and feel people are jumping the gun without all the facts.
That's not the right thing. That's the corporate thing. Protecting brand image isn't more important than protecting the children.

Old 11-08-2011   #78
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't we at least hear what Joe has to say or do we just not care that much? I think we can.
He already said he took it to the athletic director. Let's not act like he didn't know about any of it.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #79
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A large part of the issue is that Paterno has been for 50 years, not just been portrayed as a great football coach, but as one of the best men ever. He ran his program the "right way" graduating students and giving back huge sums of money to Penn State.

So when it came down to the saint of a man who literally has images built in his honor having to make a tough decision on how to proceed, what did he do?

The absolute minimium which legally covers his rearend. (We do know this). Turns out that guy who was held up as someone to emulate repeatedly was at the end of the day in a really tough moment, no different than just some other guy. ...doing no more than he had to do.
Old 11-08-2011   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
No we will burn him at the stake. I think many posters here are parents and therefore are thinking about this like it involves their children. I am not burdened by the role of being a parent. If Joe did fulfill his responsibility by notifying his superior then I don't understand the irrational urge to legally punish him if he did fulfill his legal responsibility. I'm not saying he shouldn't have called the police or should but in this situation. Going above his responsibility of calling the police is a personal choice. A choice he has to live with. Personal shame is more damaging than what any of these members could hope for.
says a lot about you that you think this way. I'd watch out for kids outside of my own...hell, the kid I take care of isn't my kid. It's another Man's kid. If I saw a rape, murder, child porn or any harmful act to another human being I'd do my part as a human being and do the right thing. Contacting your boss and then nothing happening after the fact isn't the right friggin' thing. That's low character stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read