Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Default Who I Blame...

I dont blame David, or Dunta, or even Domanick or the injured Andre, I blame Dom, Joe, Vic, Mike, Jon,and Tom...I blame our head coach for not doing anything with this team, and not developing any talent. I blame Joe Pendry, for this offense for still being to simple and to plain, I blame Vic Fangio, Jon Hoke, Mike London, and Tom Olivadotti for not getting our defense to do anything, our defensive coordinator is horrible, no turnovers the whole year, what is going on, our corners are getting beat like a drumset, our linebackers are not sacking anyone, and our line isn't putting pressure on the quarterback or taking up OL blockers. I do not blame our offensive skill players today (our receivers without AJ are below average to average, so i dont expect much)... our line is still horrible and everyone on this line will be looked at as a serious liability this year. Domanick was a beast today, David was average. so while i am still optimistic that our team could still pull off a 7-9 season at least... in no specific order we need a number 2 receiver, a few good linemen, a TE, and a CB...and a head coach and some good assistants
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Bassinguy
Rookie

I'm almost, but not quite in total agreement with you. The blame for the current mess can be spread around to a lot of different people. I felt that this would be the season the Texans would come of age, but maybe I was a bit premature in thinking that way. Not sure that 7-9 is within reason, at this point in time. Very disappointing.
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally thought that the coaching staff kept us in games in the early games of the franchise.. now I think the talent has outgrown the coaching staff and they dont' know what to do with it and are hindering progress.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default The Person to Blame is.....

Casserly....he hired a coach he thought was qualified and he made the decisions with this team... for the most part Bad ones too...Except for the decent draft picks u can count on one hand, they are underachievers...he hasnt brought in any good free agents and overpays for mediocre talent...It all starts from the top and unfortunately, problems like this arent usually fixable in a year
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I really dont think the coaches understand the problem in the personel, or in the scheme. I just think that they are a confused bunch and they have to be let go. We need coaches to push our players to the limit, not to hold them back from reaching their maximun potential.
Old 10-09-2005   #6
touttail
All Pro

Our defense had McNair under pressure several times, he would just dump it off to a wide open Tight End. He also knew Faggins couldn't cover anybody, so he started picking him apart.

Our OLine is pathetic!!!!!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

They all suck. HTH.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 25678 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I personally thought that the coaching staff kept us in games in the early games of the franchise.. now I think the talent has outgrown the coaching staff and they dont' know what to do with it and are hindering progress.
Exactly. Capers thing has always been to keep it close and MAYBE win on the last drive or two. I think the players are sick and tired of that attitude, I think they want a coach that wants to go big and play to win the game on every down. They aren't being pushed and from the comments Capers makes he doesn't sound like a winner.

I was at a sports bar watching the game. They had all of them going and as I looked around at the games I could see a definite difference in how teams put out compared to ours.

I left before the game was over. It wasn't because they were losing, the reason I left is the point where the Titans crashed in on Carr for the umpteenth time, tipped the ball and got an interception. They showed the sideline and Capers was just standing there with a blank look on his face. No emotion, no intensity. That is the example that is being set. That is what the players see at every game and at every practice. It made me sick so I paid my bill and left right there.
Old 10-09-2005   #9
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Exactly. Capers thing has always been to keep it close and MAYBE win on the last drive or two. I think the players are sick and tired of that attitude, I think they want a coach that wants to go big and play to win the game on every down. They aren't being pushed and from the comments Capers makes he doesn't sound like a winner.
Capers has lost this team, they are not putting out for him. Fourth quarter, you are behind 18 points, 4th down and 1 foot. What does Capers do, punt the ball. Man, that's 4 down time!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read