Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2005   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So, do you think the Texans "played well"?

When asked if the Titans game was a must win last week, David Carr said I dont think it is a must win, but I think it is a must play well,

Since the goal was not to win the game today however to just "play well", did David Carr reach his goal?

Since there are no official stats on "playing well", I guess it is the fan's call. I honestly don't think I would chalk this one up as a "played well" game. Maybe we will have to wait for next week.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

He said that?

Every game is a must-win. What kind of competitor thinks otherwise?
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
He said that?

Every game is a must-win. What kind of competitor thinks otherwise?
Yep, we were joking about this on the other board leading up to this game, however it did irritate me to no end. It also reaks of Dom Capers too.

Old 10-09-2005   #4
Proteus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
When asked if the Titans game was a must win last week, David Carr said I dont think it is a must win, but I think it is a must play well,

Since the goal was not to win the game today however to just "play well", did David Carr reach his goal?

Since there are no official stats on "playing well", I guess it is the fan's call. I honestly don't think I would chalk this one up as a "played well" game. Maybe we will have to wait for next week.
WHAT???? David Carr, our starting Quaterback, leader of the team, said that pile of poop! (forgive the harshness of that last word) When a QB says something like that... it is time to be FIRED! Everyone, I'm starting a new thread using this quote to show how insanely stupid drafting David Carr was.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

This all started on this thread last week...

http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/fo...num=1128694874

Take it how you like, however, he could have at least something like the goal is to win every game or something like that.
Old 10-09-2005   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Take it how you like, however, he could have at least something like the goal is to win every game or something like that.
Exactly. And I remember Capers making some quote after the Bengals game that peeved me to no end as well. I just remember that he sounded satisfied that the Texans were "better" even though they lost.
Old 10-09-2005   #7
Proteus
Rookie

Default Straight from the HORSES mouth...

I got this quote from an earlier post:

What the crap does THAT mean?? Is this the kind of attitude we want in a STARTING QB? Every game is a MUST win! Who determines if a game was 'played well'? Is there a stat I'm overlooking? Maybe its the 'game played well' stat. Hey, Carr... how was your GPW? As far as I'm concerned, Carr needs to reevaluate what he is doing on this team. If he is not a winner with a winner's attitude, he can go back to where he came from! I don't want someone on MY team who thinks like that.
~Proteus
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2005   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Maybe it's just semantics, but I see it as evidence of the bad psychological influence the coaching staff is having on Carr. The whole team has the wrong attitude, and I don't know how far up you have to clean house in order to rid the Texans organization of their debilitating mindset.

Wow! Astros win!
Old 10-09-2005   #9
Proteus
Rookie

Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
Proteus, why did you post this twice?
My Bad guys.... I accidently posted this here instead of a new thread. When I did fix the problem, I think the old moderator took that post off the main thread anyway.
~Proteus
Old 10-09-2005   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Maybe it's just semantics, but I see it as evidence of the bad psychological influence the coaching staff is having on Carr. The whole team has the wrong attitude, and I don't know how far up you have to clean house in order to rid the Texans organization of their debilitating mindset.

Wow! Astros win!
I agree with the Capers comment. That is why I mentioned earlier that his comment reaked of Capers.
Old 10-09-2005   #11
Elite
Veteran

Well everyone sucked except David Carr its never his fault i hope i dont sound like a
Old 10-09-2005   #12
touttail
All Pro

So, do you think the Texans played well?

Hook'em you are joshing right? LOL

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
So, do you think the Texans played well?

Hook'em you are joshing right? LOL

bobby 119C
Wish I was, here is the link to the story with that quote. It is just past the middle of this write up...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=44960

Last edited by Hookem Horns; 10-09-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read