Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-03-2011   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL HALFWAY 2011 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
So basically, third round is not high enough priority or you disagree with my ILB chosen w/3rd.?
Its not that I dont like the player or think you put a high enough priority on the position , just kinda pointing out that it could be a bigger need than we realize.

We're so far out from the draft , dont know what underclassmen might declare , its impossible to even guess who might be there at that spot , maybe one of the top prospects drops ....

Maybe my thought process on the subject would have fit better in Steve's mock ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Its not that I dont like the player or think you put a high enough priority on the position , just kinda pointing out that it could be a bigger need than we realize.

We're so far out from the draft , dont know what underclassmen might declare , its impossible to even guess who might be there at that spot , maybe one of the top prospects drops ....

Maybe my thought process on the subject would have fit better in Steve's mock ....
It's all good we're all just looking for what's in best interest of the Texans. Always appreciate your insight & thoughts, thanks for the feedback

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Corrosion, you would not believe what Beerlover, me and Rmartin65 do to each other 's ideas and opinions before we post our mock. We would never have mde it thru our first one if we had thin skins. lol
Old 11-03-2011   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

K State plays OSU Saturday night, they should get rolled but check it out. Along with Alabama vs LSU. These make-up the game film we study & anaylize to evaluate talent projecting forward to the NFL. Lets see if Arthur Brown step up his game cause the Cowboys are rolling. Check out his speed sideline to sideline, coverage skills, ability to read QB, tackling fundamentals & passion for the game.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-04-2011   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me a report on Brown.

I'm going to be watching LSU/Alabama with friends.

Thanks
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Thanks
OK. wife is a Cowboy grad so I don't have much of a choice, but then there is always the DVR....

Speaking of the GAME, tell me what you think of Alabama LB Courtney Upshaw, 6-2 265. He could be another first round option, bpa when Texans select, question would be - will Texans resign Mario Williams? I think his true, natural position in the NFL would be a pass rushing OLB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-04-2011   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Upshaw is the best pass rushing OLB in this draft. IMHO

He reminds me of Terrell Suggs. He isn't going to light it up at the combine. But he's relentless and just simply makes plays.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Upshaw is the best pass rushing OLB in this draft. IMHO

He reminds me of Terrell Suggs. He isn't going to light it up at the combine. But he's relentless and just simply makes plays.
I hope he does not light it up at combine and that pushes him down.
Old 11-04-2011   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I hope he does not light it up at combine and that pushes him down.
Interesting to see what 65 thinks between Ingram & Upshaw? I know he likes Ingram inside @ nose, but both seem suited to pass rush in space to me, very good feet & agility.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-04-2011   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting to see what 65 thinks between Ingram & Upshaw? I know he likes Ingram inside @ nose, but both seem suited to pass rush in space to me, very good feet & agility.
I still love the idea of Ingram at the nose tackle position- speed, acceleration, agility, strength, he has it. However, Upshaw is a more natural fit at OLB than Ingram.

I would take either in the first- it just depends what we are going for.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Trade Mario for 1st & 2nd..

OLB Upshaw & ILB Hightower in first
NT Ingram and CB Hayward in 2nd

Trade 3rd & 5th back into 2nd for WR Kendall Wright.
Old 11-07-2011   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Trade Mario for 1st & 2nd..

OLB Upshaw & ILB Hightower Luke Kuechly in 1st
NT Ingram and CB Hayward WR Kendall Wright in 2nd

Now there is no need to trade 3rd & 5th back into 2nd for WR Kendall Wright.
made adjustments

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-07-2011   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
made adjustments
Chuckle, well you can move it right back in first round. I don't want a 235 LB. Beside Kuchy, Kuchy is probably a top 20 guy.
Old 11-07-2011   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Chuckle, well you can move it right back in first round. I don't want a 235 LB. Beside Kuchy, Kuchy is probably a top 20 guy.
Quote:
27. Houston Texans: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College

2012 NFL Mock Draft #3 ILB

The Colts have a poor year due to the Peyton Manning injury… so the Texans take the division. With this 2012 NFL mock draft selection the Houston Texans take a good ILB out of Boston college. Luke Kuechly can help come in and solidify the interior of their defense. The Texans currently have a couple good OLB so with this 2012 NFL mock draft pick the Texans help the interior of their defense.
http://newnfldraft.com/nfl-mock-draf...d-picks-25-32/

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-07-2011   #35
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks
You want a report on Brown? He's a crying b***h who couldn't wait his time at Miami so he came home to be with his brother who is even more of a crying b***h.

As for football ability: he's fast. He closes on the ball really well. But he's just too small. Good instincts and speed, but he's what Adibi was supposed to be. He isn't an NFL starter. That, combined with his attitude, family history, and poor choice in schools, I would avoid him like the plague.

Granted, I'm probably a little biased, but I've seen more of his games than I'd bet most on this board.
Old 11-07-2011   #36
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
You want a report on Brown? He's a crying b***h who couldn't wait his time at Miami so he came home to be with his brother who is even more of a crying b***h.

As for football ability: he's fast. He closes on the ball really well. But he's just too small. Good instincts and speed, but he's what Adibi was supposed to be. He isn't an NFL starter. That, combined with his attitude, family history, and poor choice in schools, I would avoid him like the plague.

Granted, I'm probably a little biased, but I've seen more of his games than I'd bet most on this board.
I think my DVR went haywire, trying to record too many games at once, but YTF is a very good scout himself & from what I was able to catch is as advertised, 3rd down situation, quick & athletic sideline to sideline LB, but character concerns are troubling, even to me so I'll scratch him off my Texans list Also have feeling I'll keep bumping position all the way into the first round to get another starting capable three down LB. Really like that OU kid, Tom Wort, only a sophomore but plays with the type of intensity we all agree would be preferred despite smallish size.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-07-2011   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Read his comments below for #47 Eagles CB Judie and then he says good pick for the Cowboys?

47. Philadelphia Eagles: Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M

2012 NFL Mock Draft Corner Back

The Eagles built depth to their defense with the first pick in this 2012 NFL Mock Draft. I now have them selecting a Corner back in the 2nd round of this 2012 NFL Mock Draft to build depth. Coryell Judie is coming out of a good school and is a good talented prospect. I see him as a late first early 2nd round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft and I have him going to a Cowboys team that really needs Cornerback depth.

Dude reminds me of some of my brain farts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read