Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #281
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Edit:
changed my mind.
this thread has gone on far too long as it is
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #282
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

how about this: There would be a different feeling here had we lost the game through interceptions etc. at least it wouldve been entertaining enough for you though
It would have been more of the same.

This offense needs to get clicking... don't need to be blaming the Wave, they've been together for 3 years but are behind development when compared to the defense.

They've had 8 games to get it together, sure Andre is out, but you've still got three probowlers on offense. All skill players & an offensive guru pulling the strings.

The offense should be playing better, period.
Old 11-06-2011   #283
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Edit:
changed my mind.
this thread has gone on far too long as it is
Why is everyone down on waves?

They're awesome. I wouldn't want to see one at a football game. But, they're really cool.
Old 11-06-2011   #284
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Or this wave, especially with a Grand Marnier Floater.

Old 11-06-2011   #285
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
T

I'll say it again. It wasn't that the 60,000 didn't know any better. They were disenchanted with the offense.
So if we score a bunch of points and it still happens are you going to stick with your theory?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #286
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
First of all, I'm not a Texans by no means and I would never claim to be one ever. I'm a Texans observer because I don't have a choice really considering that I live in a suburb of Houston. Secondly, due to the lack of televised games of soccer
Everything is becoming crystal clear

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #287
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I never realized that the Army was paying for this. I always figured we were doing to (and the NFL as a whole) as a patriotic thing. Kinda cheapens the whole thing. And does the Army really need to advertise? We all know how great they are.

I'll still give them a standing o when they do the Army Strong thing, but it kinda cheapens it for me now.
Of course they advertise. And their advertising isn't aimed toward the type of kid who's already going to college or is in college. It's "hey you young person watching sports who has no idea what to do with his life. you can make something of yourself by joining the army."
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #288
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
First of all, I'm not a Texans by no means and I would never claim to be one ever. I'm a Texans observer because I don't have a choice really considering that I live in a suburb of Houston. Secondly, due to the lack of televised games of soccer (though I have FSC) AFL and rugby in this country, I have to settle with watching the Texans and really paying attention more than I usually do (thanks to David Stern for this as well).

Now, let me cut to the chase. What the Texans did last Sunday was not winning football. If you play a team who is actually worth the checks they get than the Texans would lose. They were so lucky that the Jags offensive players are imbeciles. Winning football doesn't always equate to wins. All winning football means is you playing in the fashion that gives young solid chance for victory. Winning the game itself isn't a given. I've watched the Texans tank in the past couple of years and I sat back and laugh. That was entertaining to see a team throw a good start out the window. Now, by mean saying that people will assume I'm a Texans hater but they haven't even done anything to make me want to put an effort into hating them. I rather see them do well than do bad.

Yes, if I spent over 300 dollars in tickets (which I have). Does that mean I have to settle for a win as entertainment. I guess so but I will give Texans fans a pass considering that the team hasn't really gave the fanbase much to be happy about. Every time they win a riot ensues. I've seen ugly wins. Yeah, they won but I fell asleep due to the offensive incompetence. There's defensive forcing errors and unforced errors. They were plenty of both to go around last week. So yeah they won but I wasted 300 bucks but good thing I didn't need to scratch up every dime and nickel for that. Just go spend 400 bucks the next home game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kpT...eature=related

I am done with this thread.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #289
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I have to give you some rep for this one
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #290
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why is everyone down on waves?

They're awesome. I wouldn't want to see one at a football game. But, they're really cool.
One word:
Tsunami
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #291
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
So if we score a bunch of points and it still happens are you going to stick with your theory?
I read an interesting article somewhere recently that basically made the point that a team coming back to win carries more psychological weight in the minds of fans than simply winning by a non blowout margin.

So, for example, when the Ravens come back against the Cardinals they are praised for being gritty, for making adjustments, for Flacco, Boldin, and Rice being able to raise their game when it counts. If they had just won that game 30-27 without having to come from behind then everybody would be talking about how the Ravens are overrated because they can't blow out a bad team.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read