Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread

Yes I did say game Time Thread because it might be falling back but it is GAME DAY so Lock up your daughters and lock up your wives lea\ts beat the stuffing out of that dog
Old 11-06-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread

Quote:
The Houston Texans have matched the best start in franchise history thanks largely to a defense that’s playing at a high level.

The Cleveland Browns have also been strong on that side of the ball, but that hasn’t equated to many wins lately.

Still looking for a first AFC South title - and playoff berth - since joining the league in 2002, the Texans (5-3) have defeated their three divisional opponents by a combined 99-28 following a 41-7 win at Tennessee on Oct. 23 and Sunday’s 24-14 victory over Jacksonville.

Cleveland (3-4), though, went just 1-3 in October despite holding opponents to an average of 19.5 points and 286.5 yards.

The Browns’ offense can shoulder much of the blame for the team’s rough month, totaling 46 points. A fourth-quarter 45-yard TD from Colt McCoy to Josh Cribbs in a 20-10 loss at San Francisco on Sunday marked the first time the team reached the end zone in eight quarters.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;...id=20111106034

Quote:
What I want to see:

Pass to set up the run.

Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.

Again, stuff the run.

Silent G, you are my homie, but you have to struggle today. Let's keep this stout run D going. (love saying "stout run D" about MY team). Lets make the Browns have to throw it, forcing them to be more "predictable", as people are saying.

Grab aholt of Colt.

As a Horns fan, I know what the man can do. He's elusive, can keep plays alive, and can be clutch, especially on 3rd downs. Don't allow him to get anything done to this effect. Whether we blitz, or rush 4/drop 7, we have to be efficient.

Bengals beat the Titans.

Oh, snap...forgot....

LETS GET TO 6-3, FOLKS!!!
Old 11-06-2011   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll win this one, I'm not to concerned.

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.
now we're REALLY doomed

Old 11-06-2011   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

are you still drinking thorn
Old 11-06-2011   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
are you still drinking thorn

If he ain't, he should start.

Old 11-06-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

ha ha. Nope, no drinking for me. I'm on call this week. I also have to go into work this morning. I hope I'm back by noon.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I haven't been this confident about a game since......... the Raiders game JK! hehe
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.
Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.
Old 11-06-2011   #12
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that attitude of a lock. We are -10.5 in vegas too. Go up big in the first half, pull all the starters and pray for no injuries.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #13
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ditto!
Old 11-06-2011   #14
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.
Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

To get y'all into the mood, a little 2006 Texan intro against the browns
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=YBK9IOch9kQ

Enjoy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #17
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
To get y'all into the mood, a little 2006 Texan intro against the browns
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=YBK9IOch9kQ

Enjoy
Link seems to be broke, this should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBK9IOch9kQ
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #18
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.
Negative Rep!

But seriously I am just sitting here drinking coffee and eating pretzel goldfish, need to nag my wife into making me waffles and stuff before gametime heh.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #19
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.
Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #20
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.
Heck no! nI want Foster, Tate AND Ward all to have 100+ yeards rushing. Heck, just run some old school wishbone offense with all 3 in the backfield and watch the Browns collectivly crap themselves.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read