Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-03-2011   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: PFF DB rankings at mid-season

I'll tell y'all again:

The 2010 class of DBs are mediocre at best.

Kareem might be below average, but Patrick Robinson, Devin McCourty and Kyle Wilson are all ehh at best at this point.

don't let McCourty's pro bowl appearance fool you. He got roasted a ton last year, and that trend has continued this year. QBs are targeting him something SERIOUS this year.
Old 11-03-2011   #22
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
These are "fantasy" rankings that are determined by fluff stats.

The PFF Fantasy IDP Scoring System

Solo Tackles 1 point
Assisted Tackles .5 points
Sacks 4 points
Tackles for a Loss 3 points
Passes Defensed 1 point
Interceptions 6 points Forced Fumbles 4 points
Fumble Recoveries 2 points
Touchdowns 6 points Safeties 10 points
Blocked Kicks 6 points

They have little to do with what a corner's actual job is: Not allowing his man to catch the football and advance down the field. Anything else he does is a bonus.
JJ's ranking would be a little bit higher if the two TD's against the Steelers would have counted.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
JJ's ranking would be a little bit higher if the two TD's against the Steelers would have counted.
No it wouldn't because these rankings were done before the season started.
Old 11-03-2011   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
I'm not sure what time period those stats are coming from. Up through Week 8 here are the 2011 rankings for CB (not just fantasy stats)

Overall
9. Johnathan Joseph
37. Brice McCain
62. Jason Allen
86. Kareem Jackson

1. Darrelle Revis
66. Devin McCourty
73. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
76. Ike Taylor
90. Nnamdi Asomugha
95. Dunta Robinson

Coverage Only
8. Johnathan Joseph
30. Brice McCain
80. Jason Allen
88. Kareem Jackson

Joseph is definitely one of the elite and McCourty is having a terrible year. I would say we lucked out.
Yep these DEF seem right to me !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2011   #25
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
No it wouldn't because these rankings were done before the season started.
he said they were through week 8, where did you find that it was pre season ?
Old 11-03-2011   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Well there has been a lot of talk in the 'bash Kareem' thread about the Texan's DB situation this season, but was just browsing the PFF website and came across these rankings of the top 100 DB's in the NFL this season.

39. Glover Quin HOU
45. Jonathan Joseph HOU
Fantasy rankings are very, very, very, very different than rating the skills and abilities of the players. For instance Joseph won't have as many opportunities to tackle people if less QB's throw his way, less wr's catch balls.....less opportunities to make a tackle. Quin is a S so he is supposed to make more tackles. Quin has struggled at times this season so there is zero, nada, no way in hell he is a better player than Joseph...period, point blank.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yep these DEF seem right to me !!!!!!!!!
I don't have a problem with that either.

Well, something is fundamentally wrong when J.Allen & KJac are rated above DRC & Nnamdi.

But Allen playing better than Kj over the first 8 weeks, I have no problem with that at all. However, I think Allen is playing no better/worse than he was in week 1. I think Kj is playing better now than he was in week 1 & I expect that trend to continue.
Old 11-03-2011   #28
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Well, something is fundamentally wrong when J.Allen & KJac are rated above DRC & Nnamdi.

But Allen playing better than Kj over the first 8 weeks, I have no problem with that at all. However, I think Allen is playing no better/worse than he was in week 1. I think Kj is playing better now than he was in week 1 & I expect that trend to continue.
The fact that KJ is on there at all says all that needs to be said. Since people in that other thread wanted to act as if he had no skill and couldn't play the position at all.

I too expect him to get better and would not be surprised if this guy is our definite #2 going into next year.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

if you give up completions, you are right there to make the tackle. If nobody throws your way, you aren't. These are fantasy rankings people.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

Playing better than in week 1 ? we played against kerry collins, he had 197 yards and 1 TD. So i dont see how he could of improved, he didnt have a bad game, and against miami he had a good game, we only gave up 170 yards. If u say he has been playing better you should start that from week 3 when he got torched.

On that note i dont think K.J has played bad this season, minus a few bad moments. I just feel J. Allen is overall better, maybe besides tackling.
Old 11-03-2011   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
I'm not sure what time period those stats are coming from. Up through Week 8 here are the 2011 rankings for CB (not just fantasy stats)

Overall
9. Johnathan Joseph
37. Brice McCain
62. Jason Allen
86. Kareem Jackson

1. Darrelle Revis
66. Devin McCourty
73. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
76. Ike Taylor
90. Nnamdi Asomugha
95. Dunta Robinson

Coverage Only
8. Johnathan Joseph
30. Brice McCain
80. Jason Allen
88. Kareem Jackson

Joseph is definitely one of the elite and McCourty is having a terrible year. I would say we lucked out.
these however arent fantasy rankings. This is what we're talking about Vinny.
Old 11-03-2011   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if you give up completions, you are right there to make the tackle. If nobody throws your way, you aren't. These are fantasy rankings people.
The OP posted fantasy rankings.. I don't think the second set was. Your reasoning doesn't make sense, anyway, since Joseph is ahead of Kareem.
Old 11-04-2011   #33
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Pretty sure Brice McCain has been pretty good in the spot he's playing. Whatever that is.
I think I save my alloted KJax hate just for McCain.

I can't unsee what I've seen from him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read