Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-23-2011   #161
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.
Meh, I think the difference between VJax and Lynch might only be a point or two. You're already on the right path either way.
Old 10-23-2011   #162
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.
Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #163
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.
Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.
Old 10-23-2011   #164
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.
Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #165
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

This HAS to be the WORST fantasy football season ever! I'm in the Yahoo league where we have offense (w/ kickers and defense) as well as defensive players and my team just flat out stinks!

Peyton Manning out in the beginning, Mendenhall doing nothing and than going off when he was on the bench, Chris Johnson doing nothing, so on and so forth.

I made a mistake in trading Stafford away and getting Kolb who has done nothing himself. My QBs are now Palmer (who sucked) and Painter.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #166
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.
It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...
Old 10-24-2011   #167
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Tim Hightower's out for the season, Santana Moss out 5-7 weeks:

Quote:
ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins running back Tim Hightower is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, and receiver Santana Moss will miss 5-7 weeks with a broken bone in his left hand.

The Redskins have now lost five offensive starters to significant injuries in the last two games.

Hightower's knee buckled during a third-quarter run in Sunday's 33-20 loss to Carolina.

Moss was hurt in the first half of the game. He had surgery Monday.

Washington lost tight end Chris Cooley, left tackle Trent Williams and left guard Kory Lichtensteiger in the previous week's loss to Philadelphia. Lichtensteiger is out for the season with torn knee ligaments, Cooley is sidelined indefinitely with a broken finger, and Williams is week-to-week with a sprained ankle.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...moss-5-7-weeks
Old 10-25-2011   #168
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...
Did you still win this match? Rice played like shit, and Sproles did very well.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #169
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Did you still win this match? Rice played like shit, and Sproles did very well.
Yeah, Colston and Sproles cancelled out at 28 points a piece, Rice and Cundiff combined for 9 points and MJD got 10, so I won by 5 taking a 6-1 record for sole possession of first place by two games

This week I'll drop Lynch and pick up either Murray (not likely) or Jake Ballard (possible). I need a TE for week 9 anyways, so Ballard can fill in then and be my flex this week. Hopefully I get him. Also trying to grab the Buffalo defense in place of the Titans D.
Old 10-26-2011   #170
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate that one of my leagues only has one RB position then the RB/WR position. I have Ray Rice as my top RB along with Darren Sproles and Frank Gore. Both are going against weak opponents so it's hard to decide who to start. Leaning towards Gore.

I may just try and trade Ray Rice for a better QB than I have. The league is edited so that it's 1 point for every 10 passing yards than the usual 25, so QB's usually have a lot of points. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy I usually go with.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #171
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Conundrum of the day:

Start 2:

Dez Bryant @PHI
Marques Colston @STL
AJ Green @SEA

Leaning Colston and Green but Bryant has been pretty money this season as well.
Old 11-01-2011   #172
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant obviously. Has the highest ceiling.

Green has been more consistent.

Edit: Just saw this was 5 days ago...
Old 11-04-2011   #173
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to start 3 players from this list:

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #174
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL
Jackson, Jackson and Rice (If Healthy)

Nelson has bad matchup vs. NYJ.
Colston has bad matchup vs. Bucs.
Starks isnt getting enough carries or yards to be a viable option.
Old 11-04-2011   #175
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL
I like Jackson, Jackson and Colston.
Old 11-04-2011   #176
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Jackson, Jackson and Colston.
That's what I was going to go with, but Rice going against that Cowgirl defense kinda kept me on the fence.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #177
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

DJ Ware or James Jones???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #178
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
DJ Ware or James Jones???
I'd start James Jones. Don't know how many carries Ware will get even with Bradshaw out. Brandon Jacobs will become the #1 back and probably get most of them.

Trying to choose between Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel. Fitz has a chest injury and is going up against the Jets D. Cassel hasn't been spectacular this year, but he's facing the Dolphins. Leaning Cassel.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #179
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Lol... I have Vincent Jackson and Willis McGahee on my bench right now. In fact, my bench is outscoring my starters at the moment. Down 103 to 95 going into tonight. I still have Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff, other guy has had all of his guys finish. I got this...
Old 11-08-2011   #180
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Well, talk about a wealth of talent. I have some trade proposals out to drain my bench for better players like Steve Smith and AJ Green. Dunno if anything will happen, but in any case having all these great players makes it tough to pick the right ones to start...

Pick 2:
Roddy White vs NO
Vincent Jackson vs Oak
Marques Colston @ Atl

Pick 3:
Ray Rice @ Seattle
Fred Jackson @ Dallas
Michael Turner vs NO
Willis MacGahee @ KC
L Blount vs Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read